Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: First Preseason Game: Pelicans vs. Heat

Very encourage bu the play of R. Smith, Fredette, Babbitt, and Rivers, our bench looks to be much improve. We must not forget that we still have Evans.

And Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Can Jimmer play D? If we are negative with him in it doesn't matter.
    Do you really think he was brought here for that?

Banned
    I just asked how he played on D. He has to play some to be on the floor. That is all.

Good game, great to see jimmer ballin, but no coverage, no highlights, inconsistent box scores, and apparently we have a Lane on our team. I just find it difficult to understand how that happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	5748

Can't wait to watch the game on league pass demand...it sounded like a really fun game to watch. Oh hang on, I can't...no broadcast. PATHETIC!!!

For those interested, on my Instagram app I searched #pelicans and there are a bunch of photos and short clips that ppl took who were at the game. Russ' corner 3 is one of then

I just asked how he played on D. He has to play some to be on the floor. That is all.
    Can't say about how he did in this game, but, judging by his career up to this point, your username is a good description of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Can't say about how he did in this game, but, judging by his career up to this point, your username is a good description of him.
    If you can shoot the 3 you can be a step to slow..Just ask Babbit.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Thanks!
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    WTF, that means there was closed Circuit feed at least. How the hell was there not a feed somewhere on the internet..Angry FACE!

just looking at the numbers... looks like we played a fairly good game that ended in victory

hope that continues... can't wait for the regular season to start... just weeks away now
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

"If we are negative with him in it doesn't matter" is what you said. I don't think they brought him in to play that. Its just not really what he is here for is what I'm saying. He's here to shoot, if we are depending on Jimmer to D a guy up we are in a world of trouble.

Edit* didn't really mean to come off like an a**. lol
    Last edited by LouisianaPride; 10-04-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    "If we are negative with him in it doesn't matter" is what you said. I don't think they brought him in to play that. Its just not really what he is here for is what I'm saying. He's here to shoot, if we are depending on Jimmer to D a guy up we are in a world of trouble.

Edit* didn't really mean to come off like an a**. lol
    When he said that, I assumed he meant negative as in his negatives outweigh his positives. Like, yeah he can make a bunch of 3s, but does he give up just as many points on D?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I don't know what's going on for the Heat at all, but I do know that Ennis... whoever the hell that is... seems to be having a great game.:P
    James Ennis is a young small forward that I sure wouldn't mind seeing over here.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

as long as he can at least stay in front of his man then we'll be alright. Its not like he'll get a ton of minuets anyway. No one is signing him with the expectation for that imo

Team got that 43% from 3 despite Miller going 0-5 from there. Jimmer/Anderson/Babbit really tore it up.

NBA needs to find a way to put these games on tv like the NFL does

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    32 attempts stands out more to me. The team averaged 15.9 attempts per game last year (2nd fewest in NBA) despite having the 6th highest 3pt %.
    Thats what I'm saying, we need to live and die by the drive or drive and kick 3 this year

One thing I noticed from the highlights, gordon was doing a great job passing to the open guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Good game, great to see jimmer ballin, but no coverage, no highlights, inconsistent box scores, and apparently we have a Lane on our team. I just find it difficult to understand how that happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	5748
    The old "Hornet Blue" needs to be swapped out too.

Pic via Tiger Droppings:

oops someone beat me to it

Thread Information