Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's top 500

Ryno is #80 (down from #56 a year ago). A little low for my taste, but he is coming off of injury so theres that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Jrue #68 hmmm....

So that was everyone except for AD. Interesting.

Yeah, we are the most underrated team in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    EG was exactly 110. Good job

He's above Wilson Chandler, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Martin, JR Smith, MKG, Terrence Ross, Corey Brewer, and Gerald Green. I'd take any of them over EG.
    All things being equal I would not take all of them over Grordon. Throw the contract in there then we're on the same page

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    So we've made it to the top 7 with no sign of Anthony Davis yet...

Davis is top 5, not sure what # yet

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Davis is top 5, not sure what # yet
    Who has yet to appear? Chris Paul? Curry? Lebron obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Who has yet to appear? Chris Paul? Curry? Lebron obviously.
    Westbrook, Lebron, Griffin & Paul

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Love how the top 10 is animated.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...ated-gifs-6-10

Surprised to see Durant so soon.
    Last edited by Caffeinedisastr; 10-24-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Westbrook, Lebron, Griffin & Paul
    So surprised Davis made top 5. I love Davis, but he has some very large shoes to fill now due to his high expectations..
    And idk if thats the best thing for a 21 year old.

Everyone has been saying he is top 5 for a while, and I do mean everyone. Strangely, you actually find more debbie downers (who try to call themselves realists) who are actually claiming AD is overrated on this board.

Recap: You are more likely to find someone calling AD not a top 5 player on this forum, then almost anywhere else on the planet.

Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Everyone has been saying he is top 5 for a while, and I do mean everyone. Strangely, you actually find more debbie downers (who try to call themselves realists) who are actually claiming AD is overrated on this board.

Recap: You are more likely to find someone calling AD not a top 5 player on this forum, then almost anywhere else on the planet.

Why is that?
    Because, players that become hyped quickly over short a period and don't fullfil these high expectations generally worsen, I.E Paul George, although it worked wonders for D.Rose and i hope it does for A.D, but if he doesnt average 24/10/3 this season i can imagine a lot of people getting annoyed with A.D and call him overrated rather than a rare talent of this generation. Especially now that his rated higher than KEVIN DURANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post

Why is that?
    Top 5 is high. I don't know that even I would consider him that, YET. Top 10 sure.

He's no Drummond but he's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Because, players that become hyped quickly over short a period and don't fullfil these high expectations generally worsen, I.E Paul George, although it worked wonders for D.Rose and i hope it does for A.D, but if he doesnt average 24/10/3 this season i can imagine a lot of people getting annoyed with A.D and call him overrated rather than a rare talent of this generation. Especially now that his rated higher than KEVIN DURANT.
    I thought they explained that Durant dropped so low in his ranking because of his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    I thought they explained that Durant dropped so low in his ranking because of his injury.
    Yeh but im no durant lover, but still if lebron got injured, would they drop him below top 3? no way

AD in the top 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Top 5 is high. I don't know that even I would consider him that, YET. Top 10 sure.

He's no Drummond but he's alright.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

This is easily the most polarizing ranking. Fans of "top nba teams" are unleashing a ridiculous amount of hate for our "lottery team" and the ranking AD has received based on potential.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Check out some of the tweets they pulled on the team page:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank-no-2014/

#3 is too high if we're talking right now. I see the media doing a lot of the same things with AD that they were doing with PG last year. They are so desperate to anoint a challenger to the LBJ/KD pedestal. I hope the pressure doesn't get to AD. He can be that guy, don't get me wrong. But I haven't seen enough to conclude with complete certainty that we'll see that version of him against Orlando on opening night.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Paul George's rise came while he was already in the NBA. AD, on the other hand, was crowned the moment he signed with Kentucky and had that epic freshman season. He was drafted #1 overall. Was the youngest player on the 2012 Olympic squad. Every single sniper elite player has said he's got next.

If AD was a pubunk under pressure, I think he would've already started to crumble.

I think this time, the national media is getting it right. AD is poised to ascend to being a top 5 player. So long as he doesn't stop working, he will live up to it.

THe thing I'm not looking forward too is inevitable rumors trying to put him in Chicago, like the Durant to Washington stuff.

I don't get it.
    CBS ranks Davis 5th
    Espn 3rd
    NBA only gives us 1 or 2 national games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Thread Information