Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ESPN's top 500

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Paul George's rise came while he was already in the NBA. AD, on the other hand, was crowned the moment he signed with Kentucky and had that epic freshman season. He was drafted #1 overall. Was the youngest player on the 2012 Olympic squad. Every single sniper elite player has said he's got next.

If AD was a pubunk under pressure, I think he would've already started to crumble.

I think this time, the national media is getting it right. AD is poised to ascend to being a top 5 player. So long as he doesn't stop working, he will live up to it.

THe thing I'm not looking forward too is inevitable rumors trying to put him in Chicago, like the Durant to Washington stuff.
    The situations came about differently for sure, but I think you're wrong when it comes to when they arose. The expectations for AD were slightly mitigated for him right off the bat since he was picked up by a small market team with a severely flawed and unproven roster. Granted PG was drafted by a small market team as well, the expectations for him skyrocketed after his epic playoff performance against the Heat in 2013. AD's expectations skyrocketed after his epic second season with the Pelicans. So the basis for raised expectations for both of these players occurred in the NBA. While AD's may have been higher coming into the NBA given his draft position, when we're talking within the context of a top 3 caliber player, both players were depicted in that context from situations which materialized from their play in the league.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

3rd is way too high in my opinion. Get ready for the blow-back and the "AD is overrated" stuff soon. You're only the darling of the league until they devise the negative commentary on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

So our franchise has held the 2nd best player in the league and now hold the 3rd, who's miles younger than everyone else. About time this translates to wins, and it will.

Thread Information