Pelicans Report

Thread: Asik Reminder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Asik Reminder

Did the excitement wear off? I think Asik instantly makes this team a lot better. He's a great rebounder, great all purpose defender, he's a good passer, has natural instincts, he's deceptively quick, high basketball IQ, and is very coachable. He's also freakin huge and will make Davis's life a whole lot easier.
    Many will disagree but I don't think we need anything more out of a center than Asik. Dell made a great deal here. We were relying on Smith, Ajinca, Davis at center. Before that it was Lopez. Asik is better at center than all of these guys. He won't be pushed around by anyone. Asik>Chandler....
    Asik>Both Lopez brothers
    Asik>al horford
    Asik> most NBA centers

http://youtu.be/yNVqLVwgAzk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Did the excitement wear off? I think Asik instantly makes this team a lot better. He's a great rebounder, great all purpose defender, he's a good passer, has natural instincts, he's deceptively quick, high basketball IQ, and is very coachable. He's also freakin huge and will make Davis's life a whole lot easier.
    Many will disagree but I don't think we need anything more out of a center than Asik. Dell made a great deal here. We were relying on Smith, Ajinca, Davis at center. Before that it was Lopez. Asik is better at center than all of these guys. He won't be pushed around by anyone. Asik>Chandler....
    Asik>Both Lopez brothers
    Asik>al horford
    Asik> most NBA centers

http://youtu.be/yNVqLVwgAzk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Asik is definitely a huge improvement. However, let's let him hit the court before we anoint him as better than all of these centers.

You seem kind of defensive. Who do you think you're arguing with? I don't think there's anybody that didn't think Asik is a good fit and a good pick up. The only people that had a problem with the deal were the ones that didn't view it as an individual transaction, but as the 3rd consecutive 1st round pick Demps has traded. Only the joke's on them because this team is about to make the playoffs and not look back meaning Houston traded Asik for 2 2nds starting in about 2018.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    O-MER the BEAR!

Thread Information