Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Pelicans 2k Ratings

Your Pelicans 2k Ratings

First number is their overall rank. Anthony Davis in a massive tie at 88 (includes Westbrook, Harden, Howard, etc.). Could very well be more 88's in the top 10 but hasn't been named yet. Good to see him getting the same rating as those guys though. Some how Kobe & Duncan are in the top 10 still, along with LeBron, Durant, Melo, Curry, CP3, Love, Griffin & Paul George (not in any particular order). Thoughts?

16 88 Anthony Davis PF NO
    49 82 Jrue Holiday PG NO
    76 79 Eric Gordon SG NO
    85 78 Tyreke Evans SF NO
    117 77 Ryan Anderson PF NO
    155 76 Omer Asik C NO
    250 73 John Salmons SF NO
    266 72 Jimmer Fredette SG NO
    278 72 Austin Rivers PG NO
    341 69 Darius Miller SF NO
    344 69 Jeff Withey C NO
    353 69 Russ Smith SG NO
    383 68 Alexis Ajinca C NO
    410 66 Luke Babbitt SF NO
    N/A NA Patric Young

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Is the first time Ryan Anderson isn't ranked in the 60's? That alone is an improvement

Im glad they didn't rate Howard better than Davis, lets see how the ESPN rankings go between them.
    however i think Evans was rated harshly, i would promote Evans and Ryno into the 80's and move Rivers into the 60's along with Salmons.

Salmons 73 loooooool

Are we going to have the highest overall ranked team or what?

Davis is underrated, Rivers is a little too

Jimmer, Salmons and Gordon are overrated.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Is there any measure they could look at from last season and justify EG being ranked higher than Tyreke?

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Is there any measure they could look at from last season and justify EG being ranked higher than Tyreke?
    He was heaps good about 5 years ago?

They weight stats by position. It was one of the reasons Anderson was so low. Shooting from range is considered a valuable guard skill. Gordon is real damn good at that.

Will Rivers be Rose-Esque in this game? lol. they always have that one guy who is just ridiculous. A few years ago playing with Ariza felt like playing with Durant.

Gordon is way way too high. 75 is about right for him

Do you think 2k watch every Pelicans game haha. Eric Gordon had a higher ppg, so they probably thought why not rate him higher.

Tyreke will boost when you change his position

Can't wait to do some dumb trade like gordon for batum and fly away to the regular season with the perfect starting 5

Yep, and contract adjustment. I enjoy having my lineup making 473k for 6 years

I've been beastin with Rivers in previous editions, his first step enabled me to abuse any defense.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Looks like Rivers/Russ will be my bronze guys running the backcourt on MyTeam.
    With Durant as my freebie 3.

Looking forward to the face-scan for Myplayer. Wondering what it would look like to scan in my dog's face, then give her a James Harden beard.

I don't play this (nor any video game since the Halo 2 debacle). What is their method in how do they grade each player?

I remember the last NBA game I played was either NBA Jam in 06', or whatever NBA game had T-Mac on the cover around that time, and fatigue was used. I imagine Duncan and Kobe will have really bad fatigue (if they want to keep it as close to real life as possible), so while they might be ranked higher than they should, they can probably only play for fewer minuets than say you AD, Westbrook, or Jimmy Buttler.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-02-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don't play this (nor any video game since the Halo 2 debacle). What is their method in how do they grade each player?

I remember the last NBA game I played was either NBA Jam in 06', or whatever NBA game had T-Mac on the cover around that time, and fatigue was used. I imagine Duncan and Kobe will have really bad fatigue (if they want to keep it as close to real life as possible), so while they might be ranked higher than they should, they can probably only play for fewer minuets than say you AD, Westbrook, or Jimmy Buttler.
    I think you're referring to NBA Live. NBA2K is superior in EVERY way. You should give it a shot if you've got a friend with a PS4 or XBONE. I look forward to it every year. (to the point where I'm down to run to the store @ midnight to grab it) I know, sad.

Terrible Artist's Rendition

ZOE WITH THE POSTERIZER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Eeeeh...truth to tell there is stamina (or however it's called, don't remember it right now) but it doesn't affect the total rating not one bit. Usually it's lower with big men and with really old ones but that's it more or less.

The stats related to the primary function of a position are weighted heavier for players assigned to that position.

Anderson had a tremendous 3pt shot but that had little impact on his overall score since it isn't weighted as heavily as physical attributes, rebounding, driving, shot blocking, and other skills in the game that are traditionally valued in big men.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think the ratings are near perfect. Gordon is too high, I'd give him a 76. Salmons should be a 71 Fredette a 70. Rivers should be 74.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I really believe Rivers is going to be the most improved player after Davis. He's humble and he's an extremely hard worker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I really believe Rivers is going to be the most improved player after Davis. He's humble and he's an extremely hard worker.
    He has also engineered the lowest floor during his rookie season. Only 2 places to go:

UP &
    Out of the League

I hope the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Gordon is way way too high. 75 is about right for him
    4 points is way way too high

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information