Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tyreke Evans out 3-5 weeks

Tyreke Evans out 3-5 weeks

The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that guard Tyreke Evans is expected to miss 3-5 weeks with a strained right hamstring.

"Tyreke injured his hamstring playing pickup basketball out of town last week,” stated General Manager Dell Demps. “He is back in New Orleans rehabbing with our medical staff. Hopefully, he will be cleared to play before the season-opener.”
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/tyr...-injury-update

And here we go...

DAMN YOU! i was just about to post this.

Anyways, Austin role this year may be bigger then what we expect......
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Lmao. It's gotten to a point where it's just hilarious. We haven't even started camp and we already got something.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I can only laugh at this point.

Sad thing about it, is that Tyreke injury status before camp was the most unknown status based on his percentage of readiness. He was literally the last person we needed going down, because he just had surgery.

It was to be expected (IMHO). The next question isn't "who will have to step up now?" The real next question is "who is next to go down?"
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If you're going to do it, do it now. Only gets Salmons more PT.

Pelicans

And from nowhere luke babbit rides in on a horse, hair swinging and all saying " put me in coach!"

Well at least he got hurt before the season. Let's get everybody banged up now so we can get it out of the way.

Im glad EG is amped up this season. We will need him

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Maybe if they chose Rougarous over Pelicans all these injuries wouldn't be happening lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Shouldn't miss much or any of the regular season at least. And Tyreke kept coming back form his ankle issues faster than we anticipated. Maybe he's closer to the 3 week return table or not.

Eh, stuff happens. At least it was just a strain. Let him sit out for a bit, rest it up during camp and the PS, and he'll be good for the real action. Sure, he'll be a little rusty to start, but it's a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Eh, stuff happens. At least it was just a strain. Let him sit out for a bit, rest it up during camp and the PS, and he'll be good for the real action. Sure, he'll be a little rusty to start, but it's a long season.
    Seems to happen to us a little more than others.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

We are already a team that in a year has yet to have consistent time in practice and in games together and now we are once again starting the season off without our starters having chemistry.

In a stacked West we are already the team with the least amount of playing time together that is expected to compete for a playoff spot.

I really see our offseason camps and the time leading up to the season opener as absolutely critical in developing the much needed chemistry on both sides of the ball and to give Monty confidence in his lineups so we can get the season off to a strong start and build our confidence. Since our first six games, five are against playoff caliber teams: Dallas, @Memphis, Charloette, @San Antonio and @Cleveland

This is insanely frustrating to read. Especially that it is Evans who is likely to play a large Point-forward role for this team and his absence isn't easily replicated. We will be going in blind to the season opener with an unusual lineup that has not played together consistently in the offseason or for their entire time together.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 09-27-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Cue to phoenix medical staff in 3, 2, 1...

Oh, forget it

Wish we had their staff anyway

In all seriousness, well, it had to happen. I'd rather it had been babbit, rivers, fredette or someone like that but he...it's september, hopefully he'll be back by the rs

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Sad but true

Sad but true
    Can't blame it on the team/staff this time, at least.

I remember just how terrible he looked at the start of last year after dealing with a camp injury. He didn't even look like he belonged in the NBA for the first month of last year. Not a good sign. I don't think he takes care of his body at all in the offseason. That's why he consistently has slow starts to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I remember just how terrible he looked at the start of last year after dealing with a camp injury. He didn't even look like he belonged in the NBA for the first month of last year. Not a good sign. I don't think he takes care of his body at all in the offseason. That's why he consistently has slow starts to the season.
    I'd say that had more to do with Ryno being out and Monty not giving him freedom. But he was out of shape.

It could be worse. With any luck he won't miss any regular season games, or just maybe 2 at the worst.
    "Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    It could be worse. With any luck he won't miss any regular season games, or just maybe 2 at the worst.
    This. It's no big deal. Tyreke will get some needed rest and be back for the opener. if were going to be a playoff team, we need to be able to win without every single player playing. Almost every player gets a strain or another minor injury during the season.

Get well soon Tyreke
    We need you
    Is it my imagination or is it always the muscular guys who pull hammies?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information