Pelicans Report

Thread: Would you trade for Shabazz?

Would you trade for Shabazz?

They have wiggins, brewer, budinger, shabazz and hummel. Would yall be ok with a rivers and a 2nd for bazz?

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story...uhammad-092314

Does this really sound like a guy we want?

Playing on the wing behind Corey Brewer and Robbie Hummel in a system that doesn't befit his power forward-like skill set, Muhammad didn't get much of a chance to exhibit his potential last season.
    Playing in a mere 37 games was much less the result of injury than they were distrust. Until a late MCL sprain that cost him the season's final seven games, Muhammad was often a healthy scratch. When he wasn't, there were several times when Adelman refused to bring him off the bench.
    A spotty defender who can't shoot, got kicked out of the rookie summit, who is as old as AD, who thrived as only a scorer? He is everything bad, with nothing good of Aminu. If that's what we were looking for we could have worked out something to keep Aminu without giving up a second round pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    They have wiggins, brewer, budinger, shabazz and hummel. Would yall be ok with a rivers and a 2nd for bazz?
    Wouldn't trade any of those guys for Rivers.
    I'm fine with getting a SF next season when we have cap space (once Gordon opts out or is stretched).
    If Rivers doesn't improve this season then maybe I'd consider trading him next year.

just a second round pick, we have no lose

like buying a lottery

like buying a lottery

Quote Originally Posted by eliczone View Post

like buying a lottery
    The OP is suggestion Austin Rives and a second pick for Shabazz Muhammod

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Wouldn't trade any of those guys for Rivers.
    I'm fine with getting a SF next season when we have cap space (once Gordon opts out or is stretched).
    If Rivers doesn't improve this season then maybe I'd consider trading him next year.
    Just to make sure, you would trade Rivers for Wiggins right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Just to make sure, you would trade Rivers for Wiggins right?
    I don't think you would find anyone on this board who wouldn't.
    But I don't anyone outside of this board would be stupid enough either.

I wouldn't give Rivers up and a pick. I wouldn't give up just Rivers. Its have to be something like Rivers Withey for Brewer Shabazz.

Perry Jones is a young guy i would like to try to acquire, especially if OKC wants to cut some dollars to extend Reggie Jackson

Michael Beasley goes to China, and now we want to trade for the next Beasley? And unlike the first Beasley, I gotta give up a quality prospect who works extremely hard for him? Nah, I'm good
    @mcnamara247

I want Harkless or Middleton. Middleton will get no playing time behind Giannis, Parker, and Dudley. Harkless has to fight for a spot behind Harris and Gordon.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Michael Beasley goes to China, and now we want to trade for the next Beasley? And unlike the first Beasley, I gotta give up a quality prospect who works extremely hard for him? Nah, I'm good
    Exactly this.

Honestly I don't want any of these guys. I want to stay pat this year and then get our real SF this summer. The only thing that changes that would be if Gordon somehow plays awesome and we trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I want Harkless or Middleton. Middleton will get no playing time behind Giannis, Parker, and Dudley. Harkless has to fight for a spot behind Harris and Gordon.
    I would love Harkless on this team, not a big of a fan of Middleton but to be honest I just don't know to much about him

Shabazz? God, no, please

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    I would love Harkless on this team, not a big of a fan of Middleton but to be honest I just don't know to much about him
    Shot 40% from the 3 and is a decent defender.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not sure how Muhammad compares to Beasley. At least Michael has show he has NBA skill Shabazz has shown nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    The depth the Bucks have at forward will result in nothing but DNP's for em. I've been looking at their roster for a couple of months, cause whichever forwards they aren't playing could help us immensly
    Jabari Parker can play the 3 and the 4
    Henson or Sanders could give us insurance if Asik doesn't resign
    Middleton
    Ilyasova
    Dudley

Hell, Middleton is the one I want, but Dudley could start from day 1, Ersan has often played SF in the past
    Ingles

Thread Information