Pelicans Report

Thread: Jrue Holiday black and blue report

Jrue Holiday black and blue report

Talks about how Eric, Tyreke, and Austin will bring up the ball a lot, and he will focus on playing off the ball. Not completely off the ball, but talks about playing off the ball being necessary to be successful.

Also said last year, Aminu was the fastest guy on the team haha.

Jrue is the better catch-and-shooter out of Reke and Austin (Austin improved big time as the season ended).

I can see that especially if he's in there for a few mins with the 2nd team. Austin and Reke can get to the rack and draw dubs for the kick-out. Makes sense.

This is the only way i think this 3 headed guard monster can work. Tyreke needs to bring it up & facilitate the most often. Gordon & Jrue are good spot up shooters who can utilize pump fakes to get an extra step on the defender to drive more effortlessly

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Also when Sean first mentioned Asik, you heard in a whisper voice from Jure "YESSSSSS"

Tyreke's going to be playing the lebron role. This will be fun.

This is great news. Jrue has the ability to be one of the best off-ball guards in the league, so I'm glad he wants to own that role. Also gives free reign for Gordon, Reke, and Austin to do what they do best - get to the rack.

I like Tyreke and Austin handling the ball, but I want no part of Eric Gordon bring the ball up court. Dude has horrible handles.

There are ball dominant PG's like Rondo and CP3 - I don't think Holiday should be used like one of those guys. According to NBA.com Sport VU tracking stats, Rondo had the ball in his hands an average of 7.8 minutes per game. CP3 had it in his hands 7.3. I wouldn't have guessed, but John Wall was tops at 8 mins per game. Then you look at a guy like Tony Parker, who was at 6.2 minutes per game. Touched the ball about 16 less times per game than CP3. Ball moves much more in the Spurs offense, and he is the guy who initiates the offense sometimes, and is off-ball when Manu is on. Or he can play off Diaw and Duncan in the post.

I see Jrue being used in a similar way once things start clicking. There is no "point guard" on this team, and in reality there is only 2-3 old school point guards in the NBA. We have multiple who can handle the ball and create for themselves and others. It should never be mostly one guy while the other stands in a corner. Multiple penetrators on every possession is the plan.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Tyreke's going to be playing the lebron role. This will be fun.
    ....I agree.....they'll keep pressure on opposing teams in the transition game......`Can't wait until the season starts.......

I've been screaming for jrue and tyreke to split pg duties 50/50 for awhile to take pressure off each other and give defenses different looks. Dont want gordon running pg tho

I don't think many sf in the league can keep up with reke

1-6

At the 33:36 mark he says "next thing you know AD may be bringing the ball up as a point forward" "It's not just a traditional point guard situation" "I can play off the ball well"
    "I do feel like we have an awesome team" but "We've got to get our groove back"
    "If anybody knows coach Mont training camp is not going to be easy"
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There are ball dominant PG's like Rondo and CP3 - I don't think Holiday should be used like one of those guys. According to NBA.com Sport VU tracking stats, Rondo had the ball in his hands an average of 7.8 minutes per game. CP3 had it in his hands 7.3. I wouldn't have guessed, but John Wall was tops at 8 mins per game. Then you look at a guy like Tony Parker, who was at 6.2 minutes per game. Touched the ball about 16 less times per game than CP3. Ball moves much more in the Spurs offense, and he is the guy who initiates the offense sometimes, and is off-ball when Manu is on. Or he can play off Diaw and Duncan in the post.

I see Jrue being used in a similar way once things start clicking. There is no "point guard" on this team, and in reality there is only 2-3 old school point guards in the NBA. We have multiple who can handle the ball and create for themselves and others. It should never be mostly one guy while the other stands in a corner. Multiple penetrators on every possession is the plan.
    At the 33:36 mark Jrue says "next thing you know AD may be bringing the ball up as a point forward"
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 09-25-2014 at 09:24 PM.

The main thing this interview has shown me, is that Jrue is the smoothest guard in the NBA.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Jrue at the 2

Gonna have to get some T shirts made

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    At the 33:36 mark Jrue says "next thing you know AD may be bringing the ball up as a point forward"
    Is there a link to this interview.....please?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is there a link to this interview.....please?
    http://www.neworleanssaints.com/medi...9-b52cfed28b56
    Starts at 26:30
    You sir are a true jrue fan

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The main thing this interview has shown me, is that Jrue is the smoothest guard in the NBA.
    No doubt. I could listen to him talk all day. Read me some Game of Thrones Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    http://www.neworleanssaints.com/medi...9-b52cfed28b56
    Starts at 26:30
    You sir are a true jrue fan
    Thanks

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    True Jrue Thru & Thru!

Thread Information