Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon wants to be an All-Star

Smack Eric Gordon wants to be an All-Star

Eric Gordon was quoted today during the alternate uniform unveil as wanting to be an All-Star in 2014-2015:

'I definitely want to be an All-Star,'' Gordon said. ''I’ve came close a few times. In the past three years, injuries have slowed my down a little bit. But I’m looking forward to showing a lot of different ability. I definitely would like to have the ball in my hands more and all that.''

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...hooting_5.html

''No question, we have the talent,’’ Gordon said. ''We should make it to the playoffs. But it’s all about us jelling together. That is the No. 1 key for us. ''Can everybody be unselfish into doing what’s best for the team? For us, we have to figure that out in training camp before the season starts. It should be our time, we’ve got the guys to do it.''

Define "everybody"
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 09-23-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

"I definitely would like to have the ball in my hands more and all that.''

Pels fudged

hearing lots of positives about gordon this offseason, I made up my mind on him but hey here's to hoping he makes a fool of me and comes out playing hard and healthy and contributing positively
    never assume

I guess he would want to in a contract year. But he needs to learn to play off ball like a true sg by getting open through screens and shooting off the dribble. It would make him more valuable to this team and any team he wants to play for and would also make him more durable.

Banned
    Stay on the court and play well a whole season first.

I'd rather him say I want to win and will make whatever sacrifices individually to do so....this dude needs to learn how to say the right things. Theres gonna nights where we need him to take his man one-on-one but most the time we need him to play good D, hit the open 3, and drive and dish to AD.

Gordon smiled and said hi today lets over analyze....Gordon farted and had Jimmie johns this morning dude must think he's Kobe over analyze

I have no problem with this. Gordon has shown the flashes in his career to be an all-star talent. Hopefully this motivates him to take his game and body to another level. Personally if every bodies healthy I don't see how anybody on this team is an all-star by mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I have no problem with this. Gordon has shown the flashes in his career to be an all-star talent. Hopefully this motivates him to take his game and body to another level. Personally if every bodies healthy I don't see how anybody on this team is an all-star by mid season.
    I almost agreed with you but AD has so much hype going into season it will be hard to deny him even if his numbers go down instead of up. Especially assuming wins go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelibeast View Post
    I'd rather him say I want to win and will make whatever sacrifices individually to do so....this dude needs to learn how to say the right things. Theres gonna nights where we need him to take his man one-on-one but most the time we need him to play good D, hit the open 3, and drive and dish to AD.
    So he should say he doesn't want the ball and doesn't want to be an All-Star?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelibeast View Post
    At this point I think any thing EG says will be taken the wrong way. The way the fan base currently looks at him he can do no right. I have always held out hope he can all star caliber and if it takes a contract year to do that, so be it. If nothing else maybe itll net us a solid sign and trade?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think Monty will do great this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Sounds like his confidence is at an all-time high since joining this franchise. Good to see!

no doubt if injuries didn't derail him he would have probably made an all star team. the guy was killer in his last season with the clippers at such a young age. If he can play 70+ games and average 18+ppg i think everyone will be able to put the past behind them. but a big if

Yeah right EG. And in other news.....

JIMMMERRRRRRRR!

i've never heard so many haters bash on someone because of injuries... shut up! He's not as horrible as you make him out to be. injuries happen. have some patience.

Yeah i'm sure he wanted to play 82 games once in his life too. Some things are never going to happen though

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yeah i'm sure he wanted to play 82 games once in his life too. Some things are never going to happen though
    He has played 82 games......over 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AKpelicanfried View Post
    i've never heard so many haters bash on someone because of injuries... shut up! He's not as horrible as you make him out to be. injuries happen. have some patience.
    Hi Eric! Only Eric Gordon would ask us to have patience after 3 years of the same same.

As long as he wears a Pelicans uniform, I'll root for him to do well. Even if he doesn't make the all-star team, if he plays as well as he wants to, it can only help us.

EG = Pelican's version of Mark Ingram. When he plays bad, he's a bum. We he plays well, it's a contract year. When they don't show emotion it's a problem. When they do show emotion, they need to calm down and reel it back in. No pleasing Louisiana sports fans.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I think most athletes will play better on a contract year. you got to be stupid not to..

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    EG = Pelican's version of Mark Ingram. When he plays bad, he's a bum. We he plays well, it's a contract year. When they don't show emotion it's a problem. When they do show emotion, they need to calm down and reel it back in. No pleasing Louisiana sports fans.
    I find that I agree with most things you say, but I've noticed...you don't really like local fans, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Maybe it's you that can't be pleased by Louisiana sport's fans. Think about it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information