Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SI top 10 nba players 2015

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

SI top 10 nba players 2015

So y'all know SI has a top 100 players list. They've reveal top 90. Still waiting for top 10. Harden and Carmelo missed the top 10 and John wall was 31st which really offended him. Davis is in the top ten but we don't know what spot. I will list the top ten that I predict SI will have once they reveal it. If you are bored and want to make a list or comment feel free to do so... I can't wait for the season to start.

1. James
    2. Durant
    3. Paul
    4. Griffin
    5. Davis
    6. Love
    7. Curry
    8. Westbrook
    9. Howard
    10. Duncan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they rank Griffin over AD, we riot....
    the Legend has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    I'd put Griffin over Davis without much fuss. Griffin's production last year was better and his team was better. Davis is younger and will be the better player, possibly as soon as this year, but Griffin improved his game a lot last year. His post game and defense is improved.

Because this is a national magazine and not a local one, I've got to think that Davis falls somewhere at the bottom of the top 10. Possibly ahead of Duncan and Howard, but I can't imagine them ranking him over many more on that list. Keep in mind a lot of rankers haven't seen a lot of Pelicans games, and the guys who get more exposure will probably be ranked higher.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    So y'all know SI has a top 100 players list. They've reveal top 90. Still waiting for top 10. Harden and Carmelo missed the top 10 and John wall was 31st which really offended him. Davis is in the top ten but we don't know what spot. I will list the top ten that I predict SI will have once they reveal it. If you are bored and want to make a list or comment feel free to do so... I can't wait for the season to start.

1. James
    2. Durant
    3. Paul
    4. Griffin
    5. Davis
    6. Love
    7. Curry
    8. Westbrook
    9. Howard
    10. Duncan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You shouldn't post stuff like this here. This is just 1 outlet's opinion and they aren't backing it up with any statistical data. How dare you sir!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'd put Griffin over Davis without much fuss.
    You ded, son.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Pickforks ready!!!

I got your back JNR.

Griffin was 3rd in MVP voting last year. Why wouldn't he be ranked over AD? Serious question. AD had to get the hometown push just to make the All-Star game last year and that's voted on by players and coaches. I love AD like everyone else but some of the accolades being placed on him are outrageous.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    After this year, hopefully no one will have a problem putting AD in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Griffin was 3rd in MVP voting last year. Why wouldn't he be ranked over AD? Serious question. AD had to get the hometown push just to make the All-Star game last year and that's voted on by players and coaches. I love AD like everyone else but some of the accolades being placed on him are outrageous.
    Because when you look at production and eye test you see AD is superior in nearly every category?

I won't be upset just because I only think it's a matter of time before AD passes him, but I think there is already an argument that could be made.

I also think BG is over rated, soft, and smells funny.

Looks like AD came in at 41! Gasol brothers, Randolph, Bosh all ranked higher. Joke.

Edit: This was for last year!
    Last edited by oceanback; 09-19-2014 at 09:24 AM.

If true... That is a **** poor ranking and they should have their cranium's examined. You can argue he falls just outside of the top 10, but that may even be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanback View Post
    Looks like AD came in at 41! Gasol brothers, Randolph, Bosh all ranked higher. Joke.
    That's from last year, not this year.

That's from last year, not this year.
    YES, you are right. This year's ranking for AD is much better but top 10 don't seem to be out yet.

Came in at 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Interesting that they have him ranked above Griffin and Love, but below Duncan.

Spot on, for now...

Interesting that they have him ranked above Griffin and Love, but below Duncan.
    I think a jump from 41 to 6 is amazing, and the players above all led their teams far into the playoffs last year. Duncan has to have a bad season and get beaten a few more times by AD head-to-head before dropping him since he won the championship. Lebron and Durant are not in dispute, yet. CP is still awesome. Westbrook is the only guy above AD in the rankings that I could even argue....

The accompanying article about AD is worth the read!

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    I think a jump from 41 to 6 is amazing, and the players above all led their teams far into the playoffs last year. Duncan has to have a bad season and get beaten a few more times by AD head-to-head before dropping him since he won the championship. Lebron and Durant are not in dispute, yet. CP is still awesome. Westbrook is the only guy above AD in the rankings that I could even argue....

The accompanying article about AD is worth the read!
    I'm not saying that I think he should be above any of those guys. In fact, I think it's strange he's ranked above Curry, Griffin, and Love. The Duncan one is iffy just because you don't know what player Duncan is going to be that day. He can either be a complementary piece or a beast who does everything for his team.

I think that is the essence of Tim Duncan's greatness. On any given night he is exactly what his team needs. He just won his fifth championship. Until he retires or has a steep drop off from age/injury like Kobe, I'm ok with Timmy D being ranked as a top 5 player. He continues to be that great every single year.

Sooo.. we're just not going to mention the other four Pelicans that made top 100?

I'm just mad that Asik's only a 76 in NBA 2k15.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    I'm just mad that Asik's only a 76 in NBA 2k15.
    All ratings are out? Tell me they have not made ryno worse than belinelli or i will freak out

Thread Information