Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pierre Jackson takes MMs tweet too seriously

Funny Pierre Jackson takes MMs tweet too seriously

Lol it was a joke tweet but Russ proved he was the better player in college.

1-6

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Dude always took social media way too serious. He would delete your posts if you mentioned the Pelicans on his instagram account. He's so soft.

I have a baby leg? Like most things on Twitter...I do not understand.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I have a baby leg? Either he's saying he's short or he's saying he has...hm...how to say this? Been blessed. Horizontally.

And what the heck is FOH?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Anyone still upset this guy is gone? Pierre Jackson is a flat out *****.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And what the heck is FOH?
    "Word that rhymes with luck" outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I have a baby leg? Like most things on Twitter...I do not understand.
    He says that because he tore his achellies

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I have a baby leg? Either he's saying he's short or he's saying he has...hm...how to say this? Been blessed. Horizontally.
    How does MM know this LOL?

I don't have a problem with it. Some athletes need that "me against the world" type mentality to fuel them even if it's mostly just them taking things either out of context or just taking comments to far.

Personally I wish Pierre the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    You don't really want to ask...

I really want to respond back with, "You have baby legS short stack."

I mean a guy with 2,000 Twitter followers was able to get a "professional" athlete to curse him out on twitter.

That takes still. Especially when the tweet was just an opinion and not hate filled or anything.

He's an insider.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    What a baby.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    He knows EVERYTHING about the Pelicans, like a good reporter should.

To be fair, Jackson does have a point, he hasn't stepped on a court and he is ranked. MM has a point too (Smith is ranked higher).

If anybody thinks I was making a point in my initial tweet, I suggest a class on sarcasm is in order
    @mcnamara247

I need a class in Twitter (killing the English language 180 characters at a time).

It's always relative. Somebody from the early 19th century probably thinks a good essayist in today's day and age is killing the English language.

Language is about communication. There is no right way, no wrong way. Get the message out in the way people understand it.

However, just look at that tweet, and look at this thread. It happens all the time when you are trying to get a thought across on TWTR, people get confused about what is said, and in what context it is said.

I am not here to defend the English language (what the hell do I know about it, I am an accountant, I speak in numbers), but TWTR is helping people look more and more retarded each day.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It's always relative. Somebody from the early 19th century probably thinks a good essayist in today's day and age is killing the English language.

Language is about communication. There is no right way, no wrong way. Get the message out in the way people understand it.
    That's just the thing. By overusing acronyms and restricting people to an arbitrary character limit, you're necessarily making it *more* difficult to understand their communication.

Your point remains valid, but I would argue that effectively communicating includes not alienating a portion of your audience by using obscure acronyms.

Looking at that list, is anyone else amazed to see Andrew Bynum in that bottom 400 crowd? It seems like only yesterday he was supposed to be the best (or second best) center in the NBA.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If anybody thinks I was making a point in my initial tweet, I suggest a class on sarcasm is in order
    No doubt. Pierre obviously doesn't get sarcasm.

We are 5-7 years into the Twitter era. No language is mastered in that short a period of time. People will learn how to use this language and understand this language better with more time.

We will be the old snobby people saying that they are 'doing it the wrong way' just like the generation before us and the generation before them, etc etc

Thread Information