Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Austin Rivers: Man On A Mission - Episode 1

Austin Rivers: Man On A Mission - Episode 1

1-6

Banned
    I hope he puts it together. You have to love the kid.

Austin Rivers = Gym Rat
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

I picked Austin Rivers to win Most Improved at the end of the season last year, and the work he's been putting in this summer I think he has a great chance of doing it.

I don't know what he's going to end up becoming, but whatever it is I'm sure he'll get there. I'd actually look at developing shooting guard skills as well, whatever that means, just because that position is so weak, if he develops he has a chance of excelling in that role

can we get behind Wesley and Myers saying "the river runs deep" every time Austin hits a 3??? i used to say it when i played my roommate in 2k... it got under his skin a few times

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    That shot looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    I don't know what he's going to end up becoming, but whatever it is I'm sure he'll get there. I'd actually look at developing shooting guard skills as well, whatever that means, just because that position is so weak, if he develops he has a chance of excelling in that role
    I think he is a sg in the mold of a wade, monte. Have the skills to play the point, but better suited at the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I think he is a sg in the mold of a wade, monte. Have the skills to play the point, but better suited at the 2.
    Yeah I could see that, not quite as much athleticism but he has skills for that. I'd say he needs to free his mind up a little and get that attack the pant mentality.He's pretty disciplined which is good but he also plays a little too constrained,if he lets himself get a bit more creative he could really excel
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

I hope he practice finishing at the rim.

he wont win most improved unless Jrue gets injured, but tbh i dont have much faith in Jrue playing well this season, he spent 8 months recovering

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    he wont win most improved unless Jrue gets injured, but tbh i dont have much faith in Jrue playing well this season, he spent 8 months recovering
    Damn why do you have to be such a downer?

Quote Originally Posted by AKpelicanfried View Post
    can we get behind Wesley and Myers saying "the river runs deep" every time Austin hits a 3??? i used to say it when i played my roommate in 2k... it got under his skin a few times
    Really? I can't imagine why.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Loved this. I'm assuming they are going to do a different player each episode huh?

I think if Evans plays more 3 there will be some mins for Rivers at the 2. Don't think Russ is going to get that much PT to be honest.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Assuming Reke starts, Austin is our only real backup ball handler. We drafted him with a three year development in mind but Gordon got hurt then Jrue got hurt so he's been forced to play waaaay more then we intended. But this is the year we go in intending for him to get plenty of minutes. If he does horribly this year it's time to start thinking bust.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Nice to see that.

He wasn't horrible last year so I dont see why anyone would expect him to play horribly this season with more development. I dont think he was the smartest pick but it's hard to believe he wont be at least a very good role player one day. and he's got the tools to potentially be much more

He should grow the fro and change his jersey number to 0 for a fresh start lol.

Great video though, i can really relate to young Austin, one of my favorite players in the league.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Really? I can't imagine why.
    Probably cause he was a little overrated in 2K and my roommate was always the cavs.

I hated him as a draft choice cause it seemed like a friend of the family thype thing and we could have used JOHN HENSON who was ripe for the picking.
    I've been a hater. But he just won the coach in me over.

Keep working hard kid. im now pulling for this Pellican

Banned
    I like Rivers and he seems like he should have the tools to do well. That being said, just about any player could make a video like that.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I hated him as a draft choice cause it seemed like a friend of the family thype thing and we could have used JOHN HENSON who was ripe for the picking.

Henson, Rivers, and Meyers were the guys I wanted with that pick. Austin really won me over and became my favorite player in the league sometime during his rookie season.

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

How many skinny guys do you think we need? Austin was the best pick having the greatest ceiling out of all those guys after him. Experts say players actually start to get it in year 3. Be patient my man

Quote Originally Posted by AKpelicanfried View Post
    Probably cause he was a little overrated in 2K and my roommate was always the cavs.
    Austin in 2k is really just D-Rose. I cross over 2 defenders then finish wi th a dunk.

Thread Information