Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would help the team the most next season?

What would help the team the most next season?

Tyreke with a legit 3pt shot or the Gordon playing like he did with the Clippers?

1-6

Tyreke with a 3 point shot. That would help us long term.
    Gordon moving forward who cares.

Tyreke. Gordon gets a ton of hate but go look at his numbers from Clippers to now. The only big difference is FT rate. He is a high usage player and that doesn't really help us because we are already full of that. He will never get the Assists or rebounds Tyreke gets you.

Realistically tyreke will never be able to consistently make 3 pt shots. Having a healthy EG for a season could really help this team and I mean really. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it can, and there's a much better shot that it happens over Tyreke Evans making three pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Tyreke. Gordon gets a ton of hate but go look at his numbers from Clippers to now. The only big difference is FT rate. He is a high usage player and that doesn't really help us because we are already full of that. He will never get the Assists or rebounds Tyreke gets you.
    Gordon was also known as a bulldog type defender then, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Realistically tyreke will never be able to consistently make 3 pt shots. Having a healthy EG for a season could really help this team and I mean really. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it can, and there's a much better shot that it happens over Tyreke Evans making three pointers.
    Iggy and Kidd were horrible shooter early in their career. Iggy now has a respectable shot and Kidd is one of the top 3pt shooter in nba history. I'm just saying it is possible.

You named the two players that got better. What about the oodles of other players who's jump shots stayed equally bad as when they got in the league? I think a healthy EG would help the team more. We had Reke at his best for part of last season and his impact was minimal. What this team needs IMO is a dynamic wing player. The Pels currently do not have one. I'd trade one of the tons of guards on ths team for a dynamic SF and whatever other pieces within reason.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 09-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The River Runs Deep! I'd rather see Austin be more of a 3 point threat than Tyreke.

Staying healthy

Banned
    Health and some hands smacking the floor on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Health and some hands smacking the floor on D.
    But... hand down man down? I don't see how that can work.

I don't think Reke will ever have a respectable jumer. But if he made his defender play him closer or made them go over the top on screens Reke would be as good or better on offense as Harden, better on defense, and less selfish. Gordon as good as he was with the Clippers is a decent rebounding, decent defending, good scorer. Besides personality, contract, or anything else Reke already is the far better option in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Staying on topic seems so difficult I don't see anywhere in the question asking if it's possible.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 09-13-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Gordon playing like he did when he was with the Clippers. Anything is possible.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Gordon at his Clippers days was one of the most explosive players in the league but had a inefficient game. I think Tyreke with a 3pt shot is a elite player and it will open up his game with scoring and passing he would be a top 10 player imo. Also I do think it's possible. Tyreke played for the kings and there was 0 development on that team. I seem a video with his brothers saying they hired a shooting coach for him for like a 2 week session. If you're playing for a organization that is invested in you why do you have to go outside the team to find help. Also due to his injury he had no choice to only work on his shot so look what one summer under the team did to AD shot maybe it can do the same for Reke.

Less hysterical fans

Well, that wouldn't exactly help the team, per se, but still

need tyreke to be a reliable shooter

Stay healthy my friends.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Better communication and both guys must play much better defense,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have enough shooters on the team as is... we don't NEED Tyreke to be a better shooter. what would help the team the most... whoever is running the offense behind Jrue. Smith or Rivers need to shine big.

this is our ultimate trade. we could choose either kris middleton or Giannias and they both would workhttp://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6509974

they want zach levine and jabari parker running the show

other one:
    dano gallinari and javale mcgee for eric gordon and ryan anderson

asik, jvale
    davis,
    gallinari
    tyreke
    jrue
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 09-14-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    We had Reke at his best for part of last season and his impact was minimal.
    He was one of the few players on the team capable of dominating a game on his own. That's hardly a minimal impact, and if you added 3 point shooting to that... That being said I agree with the general consensus that Gordon getting his explosiveness back seems a lot more realistic than Tyreke becoming a 3 point threat. Especially with Gordon looking like he's in the best shape since he's been here and being in a what could be a contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    You named the two players that got better. What about the oodles of other players who's jump shots stayed equally bad as when they got in the league? I think a healthy EG would help the team more. We had Reke at his best for part of last season and his impact was minimal. What this team needs IMO is a dynamic wing player. The Pels currently do not have one. I'd trade one of the tons of guards on ths team for a dynamic SF and whatever other pieces within reason.
    You know this was a .500 team when reke started so hoe is that minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    You know this was a .500 team when reke started so hoe is that minimal.
    Those games were also meaningless for the most part. You do know that right? At the end when the Pels were beating all those teams, they were all cruising waiting on the playoffs .

Thread Information