Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New Court Design Coming?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I do like the symmetry of the Pelicans head. Just don't like that they cut off the wings.

However, this will lessen any confusion about how visible the 3pt line is. So there are positives.

Trying to avoid the comments because there is STILL HATE ON THE NAME.

....facepalm.....

Yeah sorry I don't have any more info. But he did specifically say they were sending it back and used the words varnishing. I'll try and get more details he was scouting for a movie and clearly did not share our concerns. He's a Bulls fan ha.

I like the concept. Looks badass
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I like it...but i would have liked a skyline better

So my last guess was actually close to correct... top secondary logo from middle of the lane to the 3 point arc

And you guys... YOU GET YOUR WISH... MUCH MORE CCB LOGO USAGE!!!!!!

It's in front and at the end of the Pelicans name on the baselines
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Looks nice! but i don't see how this was accepted by the NBA, wont it interfere with the lining of the court and make it confusing for officials / players/viewers at times?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Looks nice! but i don't see how this was accepted by the NBA, wont it interfere with the lining of the court and make it confusing for officials / players/viewers at times?
    I think there is still enough contrast to clearly see the difference.

The inside the arc logo is big enough that it looks clear to me at least, from what I've seen posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think there is still enough contrast to clearly see the difference.

The inside the arc logo is big enough that it looks clear to me at least, from what I've seen posted.
    paint the practice facility floor the same way.. let our guys practice on it and get used to it. win 70 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I like it...but i would have liked a skyline better
    Or both

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I just ordered mine...

I like it. But kind of like a lot of things with the rebrand its good but with some minor tweaks could be great. Seems like too much use of the angry pelican logo along with the words "New Orleans" and "Pelicans". With "New Orleans Pelicans" already on the baseline and the two silhouettes of the pelican logo, continuing to use the primary logo at center court seems like overkill. If they replaced it with the Bird-de-Lis or ideally, the CBB logo, it would be a GREAT court.

BDL is out of bounds on hard camera side at mid court... we'll hardly see that 1 ever... but look at CCB on the baseline on either side of the Pelicans name

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Or both
    Truth to tell, both would have made the court a bit too "full", if you get my meaning

....ANNNNDD PERFECT!

not really as my paint skills still need work.
    But blue outline of font kinda works.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Welksta View Post
    I like it. But kind of like a lot of things with the rebrand its good but with some minor tweaks could be great. Seems like too much use of the angry pelican logo along with the words "New Orleans" and "Pelicans". With "New Orleans Pelicans" already on the baseline and the two silhouettes of the pelican logo, continuing to use the primary logo at center court seems like overkill. If they replaced it with the Bird-de-Lis or ideally, the CBB logo, it would be a GREAT court.
    I agree. I wish the Bird de lis was the center. The pelican is kinda overkill.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    I do agree that the logo in the center is overkill combined with the logos on the sides and that they maybe should have used a different one in the middle, but that court is a massive upgrade compared to the one we had last year. I'm quite pleased with it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I love it honestly.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    It looks great so far

Looks frikkin awesome

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    This looks dope. Love it - and relieved that "bold" didn't mean "red"

I could do without the logo in the middle. The Cresent City logo would have been better there IMO. Other than that I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I could do without the logo in the middle. The Cresent City logo would have been better there IMO. Other than that I like it a lot.
    I agree with that. It's a B+/A- for me, and if the middle were CC, it'd be A+.

The Artist    Contributor   
    I like it because it makes us different for now. I'm not sure I would have used the CCB logo so much along the base though. By having two huge pelicans now, a giant CCB logo at mid court would have been nice. The FDP could stay where it is and you wouldn't have to worry about the loss of a logo at mid court saying 'New Orleans Pelicans' because you have it twice already along the base. And I wonder why Smoothie King didn't opt to use their 'crown' part of their logo, just the words?

Just for fun...

Last edited by bigdub81; 10-02-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Thread Information