Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Court Design Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Can anyone blame me for being frustrated?
    If it bothers you, contact them and tell them to give you credit.

New Court Design Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    If it bothers you, contact them and tell them to give you credit.
    Well, that's the problem. It's not my word. It's Gus'. And they'll probably just retaliate by saying they have the same sources.

Reminds me of when this guy on Saints Report leaked the fact that Junior Galette was about to get a new contract. It was completely out of nowhere and based on a source of his, next thing you know, ESPN is reporting it. The guys love to act like they don't read forums, but they do.

Point and fact is, I'm an aspiring writer myself. Right now, I have a little gig with WWL and USA Today and something I love doing in my articles is giving the little guys credit. (I'm a senior in high school). And as a writer myself, that's very frustrating and unprofessional.
    Last edited by iNolaNightmare; 09-24-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Msg Trew2TheCrew

Well, that's the problem. It's not my word. It's Gus'. And they'll probably just retaliate by saying they have the same sources.

Reminds me of when this guy on Saints Report leaked the fact that Junior Galette was about to get a new contract. It was completely out of nowhere and based on a source of his, next thing you know, ESPN is reporting it. The guys love to act like they don't read forums, but they do.

Point and fact is, I'm an aspiring writer myself. Right now, I have a little gig with WWL and USA Today and something I love doing in my articles is giving the little guys credit. (I'm a senior in high school). And as a writer myself, that's very frustrating and unprofessional.
    Are you calling them "ubiquitous" and "amateur"? THEY HATE THOSE WORDS!

seriously though, message them. They are usually pretty good about giving props.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Are you calling them "ubiquitous" and "amateur"? THEY HATE THOSE WORDS!

seriously though, message them. They are usually pretty good about giving props.
    No, it's ok. Not my information anyway. I just hope we can get some more news on the court.

Can anyone blame me for being frustrated?
    Chris Tree had that before you man, sorry.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Good for him. I'm not really aggravated anymore. I've cooled down because it's not a big deal. We just all wanna see the court

man if you're going into the world of journalism you better get used to people stealing your info and not putting you as the source.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    The bird de lis is my least favourite honestly.
    I agree. It seems forced and looks a bit awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yea, I'm in the same boat. I would much rather the main logo or crescent city bball

The saints have that covered and throwing a bird on there doesn't "wow" me that much.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    The bird de lis is my least favourite honestly. I'm all for the one we have now or the crescent city basketball. But unlike the bee with the hornets the pelican seems just too forced to look even remotely elegant...or adequate
    Totally agree. Very forced.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Good for him. I'm not really aggravated anymore. I've cooled down because it's not a big deal. We just all wanna see the court
    Hey man! Someone on Twitter let me know about this thread and I wanted you to know I didn't rip you off or anything like that. I got the skyline court idea from Will on Twitter (he writes for The Bird Writes and I credited him in the post) - though it was just in a brainstorming way, not in a "rumor" way. Here's a link to his tweet that was the day before you posted that photo on this forum.

I know it's not a huge deal but I definitely didn't want you or anyone else here thinking I was being shady and gross. Anyway, back to all of us crossing fingers that it IS a skyline court, right?

- Chris Trew
    Last edited by Penuckle; 09-25-2014 at 12:10 AM.
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

Quote Originally Posted by Penuckle View Post
    Hey man! Someone on Twitter let me know about this thread and I wanted you to know I didn't rip you off or anything like that. I got the skyline court idea from Will on Twitter (he writes for The Bird Writes and I credited him in the post) - though it was just in a brainstorming way, not in a "rumor" way. Here's a link to his tweet that was the day before you posted that photo on this forum.

I know it's not a huge deal but I definitely didn't want you or anyone else here thinking I was being shady and gross. Anyway, back to all of us crossing fingers that it IS a skyline court, right?

- Chris Trew
    Your my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Penuckle View Post

- Chris Trew
    Oh no, it's cool, Trew. I was never frustrated with you. Last night was a bad night for me. Don't wanna come off as a jerk to anyone. Thanks for clarifying, though!

I've felt the same since they unveiled it. The thing that I don't like about it are those "shelve"-looking things they put on the side of the logo.

If they would remove those things from the logo it would make it look so much better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I've felt the same since they unveiled it. The thing that I don't like about it are those "shelve"-looking things they put on the side of the logo.

If they would remove those things from the logo it would make it look so much better IMO

I actually loooooooooove the Bird-de-lis waaay more then the Hornets one. Which looked kitty and for juniors. The one we have now is fierce and proud. I even like the wierd and pointless little shapes in the back, its just so awesome to me. But im usually a contrarian

Skyline is cool. We'll all know by Oct 14!

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post
    Skyline is cool. We'll all know by Oct 14!
    Que?

you have some inside info?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Somehow that looks definitely better. Not as good as the other 2 logos but much, much better overall. Those two things are really a finger in the eye

Somehow that looks definitely better. Not as good as the other 2 logos but much, much better overall. Those two things are really a finger in the eye
    Right. I never understood why they used THAT Fleur de lis. Its a play on this one (below) I get it... but IMO it was a swing-and-miss.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    Que?

you have some inside info?
    Think it's the first home preseason game.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Right. I never understood why they used THAT Fleur de lis. Its a play on this one (below) I get it... but IMO it was a swing-and-miss.

Also the Pelican could be "perched" on it I guess.
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Sounds great if true. I wish they would have opted for the CCB logo in the middle instead, but beggars can't be choosers.
    Yes yes yes. The CCB logo is severely underused, it's the most classic of all the secondary logos by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Yes yes yes. The CCB logo is severely underused, it's the most classic of all the secondary logos by far.
    Speaking of this logo, does anyone know where to get apparel with CCB on it? I feel like I've looked everywhere and I can never find anything.

Thread Information