Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: New Court Design Coming?

Gus Kattingill just said on his show that the court they proposed is like UNOs court. Will have New Orleans skyline and bird de lis in middle.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Gus Kattingill just said on his show that the court they proposed is like UNOs court. Will have New Orleans skyline and bird de lis in middle.
    I'm all BOUT some Bird-de-lis! Still mad they pulled it off the back of the jersey.

I hope its approved let us be great NBA

1-6

The bird de lis is my least favourite honestly. I'm all for the one we have now or the crescent city basketball. But unlike the bee with the hornets the pelican seems just too forced to look even remotely elegant...or adequate

Don't know how much credit that holds guys and I can't find a pic of the UNO court.

Here's the UNO court. If they go with this the skyline definitely needs to be a much lighter color.

If its anything like that? man oh man that would be awesome!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Don't know how much credit that holds guys and I can't find a pic of the UNO court.
    Awhile back UNO had a court with the skyline, and last year Sun Belt basketball tournament court had a similar design.

I think it will look great as long a they use a stain to make the skyline and not paint.

Did Gus sound like he saw the design or was he just speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Awhile back UNO had a court with the skyline, and last year Sun Belt basketball tournament court had a similar design.

I think it will look great as long a they use a stain to make the skyline and not paint.

Did Gus sound like he saw the design or was he just speculating?
    Sounded like he had a source who saw it or knows what's going on.

That definitely meets the qualification of "bold." One of the main complaints through out this rebuild (from fans from other teams and even some of our own) has been that we haven't been New Orleansy enough and we haven't done anything crazy like New Orleans would do. Well, that's it.

It really makes sense. That NBA Live court is blank in order to not leak it or get ready for it. Nothing has ever been done like this in the NBA, that's why it's taking so long to approve.

That's my theory.

Oh that would be SICK. I hope the league OK's it. Man this franchise is about to turn the corner.

Sounded like he had a source who saw it or knows what's going on.
    Thanks man, Adam has been really open about new things since being commissioner so I doubt they will reject our plan

I'd be all for that. It's loud.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Just need the 3pt line to be different so Ryno can see where to go. Can't get too busy or confusing.

What bothers me is how long this is taking. If they could have worked this out earlier it would be in the new 2k game.

Sounds great if true. I wish they would have opted for the CCB logo in the middle instead, but beggars can't be choosers.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Yeah I don't think the NBA would allow all that loudness to wash out the 3pt line. I believe UNO had another nice, but less screaming court not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    What bothers me is how long this is taking. If they could have worked this out earlier it would be in the new 2k game.
    This is not the PS2 gen they will just put out an update in the game when it gets approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Just need the 3pt line to be different so Ryno can see where to go. Can't get too busy or confusing.
    I think they will use a stain, something like this with the CBD skyline
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...X-W-xc11Az7Rmw

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    I think they will use a stain, something like this with the CBD skyline
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...X-W-xc11Az7Rmw
    That's what I'm thinking, too.

Wow. Ever since I posted this, bloggers are reporting it with the picture taking credit. See: the new BSS article.

This would look so dope but I hope it's have more color

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Wow. Ever since I posted this, bloggers are reporting it with the picture taking credit. See: the new BSS article.
    Early bird who tweets/blogs gets the worm I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    the NBA is probably saying... "you just got a whole new look a year ago... can't you make the court last at least 2 seasons?"
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Can anyone blame me for being frustrated?

Thread Information