Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Court Design Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Im more concern with the Arena dull lights which transpires terrible on TV. We need better lights and true HD cameras for FSNO, instead of looking like 06
    We have the worse cameras and lighting in the league

1-6

I heard from a reliable source that the All Stare Game floor was a new floor that the NBA brought in. Benson and co. then bought the floor, and they were going to have it stripped and redone for the upcoming season. The old floor (from the Shinn era) barely met NBA requirements for a wooden NBA floor.

So, that would explain why they're changing the floor design now -- they have to re-paint a court anyway, so they may as well make tweaks along the way (remember, the Smoothie King logos on the floor looked like big stickers and weren't "in" the floor).

I would LOVE a black and gold alternate jersey for weekend games during football season....

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that the All Stare Game floor was a new floor that the NBA brought in. Benson and co. then bought the floor, and they were going to have it stripped and redone for the upcoming season. The old floor (from the Shinn era) barely met NBA requirements for a wooden NBA floor.

So, that would explain why they're changing the floor design now -- they have to re-paint a court anyway, so they may as well make tweaks along the way (remember, the Smoothie King logos on the floor looked like big stickers and weren't "in" the floor).

I would LOVE a black and gold alternate jersey for weekend games during football season....
    The Smoothie King Center Logos were stickers because it was renamed in the middle of the season. Was the new floor really the same one from the Hornets, just stripped and repainted? I hadn't heard that before. Wondering if anyone else could chime in.

In any event, I liked the look of the wood on that floor, so it would be a definite upgrade, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post

Thanks for the info comeback if get any info on the new design

What the hell is going on!?!?!
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Horse meat tacos

I really wish there was more info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    2nd to Detroit actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkaholic View Post
    The Smoothie King Center Logos were stickers because it was renamed in the middle of the season. Was the new floor really the same one from the Hornets, just stripped and repainted? I hadn't heard that before. Wondering if anyone else could chime in.

In any event, I liked the look of the wood on that floor, so it would be a definite upgrade, if true.
    I thought I remembered hearing it was a new floor. Maybe that was wrong.

New Court Design Coming?

That's really weird because I watch FSNO for every game I'm not at and in HD it looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I thought I remembered hearing it was a new floor. Maybe that was wrong.
    That's what I thought I remembered too, but I guess it would be easy to assume that the new floor (as in design for the rebrand) was a new floor (as in new wood) without actually seeing it reported anywhere. I hope the NBA approves this and that it's a good design.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Season is right around the corner, I find it hard to believe that if we were getting a new court we wouldn't have heard it by now.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    [QUOTE=AD23forMVP;1244662]Season is right around the corner, I find it hard to believe that if we were getting a new court we wouldn't have heard it by now.[/QUOTE

in a sense, I would be a little disappointed if they chose to go with something else already..... not that minor cosmetic improvements couldn't be made, but first the mascot and then the court ..... really doesn't say a whole lot for the organization's initial efforts ....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Season is right around the corner, I find it hard to believe that if we were getting a new court we wouldn't have heard it by now.
    in a sense, I would be a little disappointed if they chose to go with something else already..... not that minor cosmetic improvements couldn't be made, but first the mascot and then the court ..... really doesn't say a whole lot for the organization's initial efforts ....
    that was my thought and why I was so surprised when the article came out

that said... we know a 3rd uni is still coming... and we still haven't seen it yet... so my thought still stands that maybe they're still waiting on the approval to unveil both at the same time

or the start of training camp
    Last edited by rt0307; 09-17-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

That and where are our new uniforms? I'm not a marketing genius but wouldn't you want those new uniforms out for purchase now? I am very close to buying an AD and Anderson jersey but I've been waiting for months for these "new uniforms" that I believe probably won't even be here till after the all star break or by the start of next season.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    New Hornets court looks awesome.

....the beehive court.

I hope we 1-up them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    That and where are our new uniforms? I'm not a marketing genius but wouldn't you want those new uniforms out for purchase now? I am very close to buying an AD and Anderson jersey but I've been waiting for months for these "new uniforms" that I believe probably won't even be here till after the all star break or by the start of next season.
    The lack of communication from the team is so frustrating.

So what would you guys like to see on the new court?

Keep in mind, I'm no graphic designer and have limited knowledge of editing.
    This is what I threw together.

The basics are what I'd like to see, maybe with some different wood textures/stains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BYps1Xw.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	5726

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

The basics are what I'd like to see, maybe with some different wood textures/stains.

I think that is actually great

I think that is actually great
    The thing is, they said their proposition would be bold.
    I think my idea is far too conventional.

I'd be happy with "daring" and unconventional though.

Really like it. Especially the free throw lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I like it, hope we use a lot of red and gold.

[QUOTE=ramsters60;1244665]
    Season is right around the corner, I find it hard to believe that if we were getting a new court we wouldn't have heard it by now.[/QUOTE

I would much rather the organization take a look at its efforts and say "you know what, we really could have done better here" or "this just didn't turn out looking like we thought it would" and then move to fix things rather than sitting around pretending that the boring **** they put out actually looks good. What's embarrassing for the organization is not fixing its problems and not learning from its mistakes.

This is much better than what they have now. Kind of sad when you think about it, really.

Much better response than I was hoping.

It just needs a few color swaps/logo changes from what it is now.
    I also thought of alternating the red/gold in the paint, somewhat leaving it like it is now.

Still waiting on the jerseys though.

nice. It would be cool if the sideline or baselines were lined with fleur de lis or something

Thread Information