Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Court Design Coming?

NBA Live 15 just released screenshots of every NBA Arena. I notice some different stuff about the court. Could be nothing but these things usually get leaked in video games.

Nothing "bold" about the design, but it does seem like they remove the gold from the frontcourt based on the pic if the screenshot is accurate.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That would be a step back.

The Artist    Contributor   
    From that screenshot it looks like we have the L.A. /All-Star Game lighting now. I don't see the "bird de lis" logos, just the primary at center court and the 'paint' seems to be without any unless it's hard to tell because it's still light gold. Another thing that I'm just noticing is that both the center and three point lines are blue instead of white.
    Last edited by bigdub81; 09-22-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Guys don't take that screen shoot as fact, it is NBA Live the worst sports game around. They put no effort in those games.

New Court Design Coming?

I, too, am not a fan of NBA Live, nor am I taking it as fact and I don't think anyone else is. Just passing along information in a time when everyone (including myself) is clamoring for it.

Although, I did play both NBA Live 14 and NBA 2k14 on a next generation console and my major and probably only pro with NBA Live is how excellently they did capturing every NBA arena. Like I said, lots of thing like this tend to get leaked over video games, but in the trailers NBA 2k15 has released, you can vividly see the original Pelicans' court.
    Last edited by iNolaNightmare; 09-22-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    They haven't leaked anything yet because the NBA has yet to approve the design.

They will probably update after the approval by the league.

Still interested to see what "bold" means.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    NBA Live 15 just released screenshots of every NBA Arena. I notice some different stuff about the court. Could be nothing but these things usually get leaked in video games.
    Although that's very plain, I would take it in a second since it appears to remove the gold that clashes so horribly with the floor color.

I'd pay more attention to ANYTHING that 2K leaks. NBA Live stinks.

While NBA Live's gameplay stinks, they still represent every NBA team and the court is the easiest part to represent. Last year they had the Pelicans court right. I find it hard to believe they would just erase what they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Nothing "bold" about the design, but it does seem like they remove the gold from the frontcourt based on the pic if the screenshot is accurate.
    I'm not taking the screenshot as fact. In fact, my theory is that it's blank in preparation for whatever is about to come out. But I guess my side theory would be that maybe not having much IS the boldness..

Besides the court, I'm all for the L.A/Madison Square Garden lighting.

While I think people expected our initial uniforms and court to be somewhat gaudy, flashy, etc., I was pleased that we went with a more traditional approach to our look. While our design has grown on me, the artist in me will always see room for tweaks that just IMO makes the set more cohesive.

Now just off some quick research:

- If we do get a new court this year, we will be the seventh to do so since the six others (TOR, POR, ATL, WAS, SAC, SA) have already had their design submissions approved.

- Out of those six teams, four of them (TOR, POR, ATL, WAS) will now have solid red 'paint' boxes in their new design. The only other teams that carry that same feature are Chicago and Cleveland.

- Only two teams with navy in their color scheme have navy 'paint' boxes on their courts, Indiana and Memphis.

Considering that we'd only be the third team with navy boxes, switching away from the gold wouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, I always liked the gold as an accent color and the red used as minimally as possible. With Smoothie King as our title sponsor now, their logo coupled with the NBA and our own throughout the court gives off just enough red as needed.

I'd love for us to go with a honey gold two-tone design to bring out even more emphasis to the court, it'd look especially good if we indeed went with the L.A. style lighting. Scroll embellishments to the outside court adds a touch of New Orleans style without going overboard and solid white lettering, sans the gold outline, under the baskets gives continuity with the primary logo at center court.

Last edited by bigdub81; 09-23-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    While I think people expected our initial uniforms and court to be somewhat gaudy, flashy, etc., I was pleased that we went with a more traditional approach to our look. While our design has grown on me, the artist in me will always see room for tweaks that just IMO makes the set more cohesive.

- If we do get a new court this year, we will be the seventh to do so since the six others (TOR, POR, ATL, WAS, SAC, SA) have already had their design submissions approved.

- Out of those six teams, four of them (TOR, POR, ATL, WAS) will now have solid red 'paint' boxes in their new design. The only other teams that carry that same feature are Chicago and Cleveland.

- Only two teams with navy in their color scheme have navy 'paint' boxes on their courts, Indiana and Memphis.

Considering that we'd only be the third team with navy boxes, switching away from the gold wouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, I always liked the gold as an accent color and the red used as minimally as possible. With Smoothie King as our title sponsor now, their logo coupled with the NBA and our own throughout the court gives off just enough red as needed.

I'd love for us to go with a honey gold two-tone design to bring out even more emphasis to the court, it'd look especially good if we indeed went with the L.A. style lighting. Scroll embellishments to the outside court adds a touch of New Orleans style without going overboard and solid white lettering, sans the gold outline, under the baskets gives continuity with the primary logo at center court.

That would look sooo nice!!!
    Its funny how you only suddenly appear when court or uniform designs are being discussed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Its funny how you only suddenly appear when court or uniform designs are being discussed haha
    LOL, yeah that's true huh! I bounce in from time to time to see what interest me.

That would look awesome, the two tone colors would really make the court pop.

With this bold new idea I wonder if its possible if we will have the pelicans logo or the words nola in a two tone color...

Great job, bigdub! What tweaks did you have in mind for the jersey? I'd love to see what you could cook up. I think our jerseys are just a few tweaks from being great as opposed to boring.

Quote Originally Posted by thiefinthenight View Post
    Great job, bigdub! What tweaks did you have in mind for the jersey? I'd love to see what you could cook up. I think our jerseys are just a few tweaks from being great as opposed to boring.
    It's post #30. The things I changed were using the primary logo wording across the chest that includes the FDL, removed the outlines from the numbers, the player name is in the official team font, the 'N-Basketball' logo on the waistband is solid white (away) navy (home) and I moved the FDL Pelican logo to the chest since the NBA logo has been moved to the back of the neck.

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...eiled-tomorrow

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    What if the fancy new idea is the smoothie king logo or a sponsor logo at center court instead of the team logo.

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    What if the fancy new idea is the smoothie king logo or a sponsor logo at center court instead of the team logo.
    I shudder to think about that, but it had crossed my mind as a possibility.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar

I would be 100% all in for that court. Fantastic!

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Back behind the Red Door, Richmond!

Maybe the plan is to incorporate more red since we just released the red jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Maybe the plan is to incorporate more red since we just released the red jerseys
    Word is they'll only wear the red a handful of times this season so if that's true, then it will defeat the purpose (kinda).

Thread Information