Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Johnson: Anthony Davis is 3rd best player in the NBA

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Eddie Johnson: Anthony Davis is 3rd best player in the NBA

Notice how he says by mid point next season. I can get behind that.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Soon he will move up a spot.

Banned
    Ehhhhh. Maybe. If we make the playoffs. A team with Lebron and Durant on it never miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Ehhhhh. Maybe. If we make the playoffs. A team with Lebron and Durant on it never miss the playoffs.
    the thunder were still terrible durants first few years in the league.

Both of them didn't make the playoffs till their third year

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This was s awesome to hear. They went from having CP3, to having AD.

At this point in their careers? Sure. But Never? Incorrect.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 09-09-2014 at 11:56 AM.

No, Chris Paul but AD is fourth
    Last edited by tyler; 09-09-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Eddie Johnson: Anthony Davis is 3rd best player in the NBA

Please. AD isn't even better than Drummond. Who is this scrub? Former NBA player or something? Obviously knows nothing.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    former team bias maybe?

*lets not argue charlotte hornets/new orleans hornets angels here
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Is it too soon to sign AD to a max? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Please. AD isn't even better than Drummond. Who is this scrub? Former NBA player or something? Obviously knows nothing.
    You had didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    And definitely not as good as Dwight, Cousins or Ibaka either
    But not even close to Drummond
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD is probably the 4th best player by the end of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some people have a hard time establishing objective thinking and are looking for confirmation bias. If this guy said AD was the third worst player in the league we would all be talking about how wrong he is. So why does him saying he is the third best give us confirmation?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I honestly have no idea who he is. But i honestly don't think he'll be the 3rd best player, not by mid point or the end of the season

Well he did say by midseason, which is possible.

I don't think he's the 3rd best player right now, maybe not even top 10. Experience is the biggest issue. However, I do think he's, at worst, the third most valuable trading piece.

As a 4 pf, yes he will eventually. As a 5, iam not sure because he is not strong enough. In group stage match, Asik was able to back him down and establish position deep in the post. Against Dwight Howard or Marc Gasol that could be easy points for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I think some people have a hard time establishing objective thinking and are looking for confirmation bias. If this guy said AD was the third worst player in the league we would all be talking about how wrong he is. So why does him saying he is the third best give us confirmation?
    Confirmation bias? Who in this thread said, "You see, I told you all!"?

No one. This guy stated his opinion about our star player, that's all.

To be fair, AD hasn't cracked top 5 yet.. He is living up to his hype, but this is just over-hyping him atm. He will eventually be the first or second best player in the league but he still has a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    As a 4 pf, yes he will eventually. As a 5, iam not sure because he is not strong enough. In group stage match, Asik was able to back him down and establish position deep in the post. Against Dwight Howard or Marc Gasol that could be easy points for them.
    Asik did that to everyone in Fiba. He made Cousins look even worse. He's one of the best defensive centers in the league. Thank goodness he works for us.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Mythrol;1244334]

Lol, True!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Confirmation bias? Who in this thread said, "You see, I told you all!"?

No one. This guy stated his opinion about our star player, that's all.
    People are implying "See! He is better than Drummond". The point is this is an empty thread. If it were the same guy saying bad things about AD it would be people saying he doesn't know what he's talking about. Instead people are using it for validation. If his opinion matters without proof/examples/insight would you have believed it if he said the opposite? Of course not. So why does it matter? Because he agrees with the consensus. Because when you agree with the consensus you don't need proof/examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    People are implying "See! He is better than Drummond". The point is this is an empty thread. If it were the same guy saying bad things about AD it would be people saying he doesn't know what he's talking about. Instead people are using it for validation. If his opinion matters without proof/examples/insight would you have believed it if he said the opposite? Of course not. So why does it matter? Because he agrees with the consensus. Because when you agree with the consensus you don't need proof/examples.
    You don't think he has used eye test and stats to form his opinion?

Just because something is consensus doesn't mean it is wrong. Usually there's some truth to it on some level.

If we have to accept someone's opinion who disagrees, we also should accept opinions that agree. I see nothing wrong with posting news about people thinking our franchise player will be great. I would assume everyone would be happy by this. We are all Pels fans.

Thread Information