Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new $2B/yr TV deal could raise the NBA salary cap by nearly $16mil

The new $2B/yr TV deal could raise the NBA salary cap by nearly $16mil

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/9/8...th-espn-turner

So does mean when this starts we'll have Jrue/Tyreke/??/AD/Asik all on salary. Assuming Asik is making 11 mil and ad has max we'll still have max cap available?

1-6

AD has 2 more years, this will happen before he gets his max, allowing us to give someone else a max and then also give ad the max the following year.

question is are their any SF's worth the max this offseason? LeBron if he opts out of his 1st year player option.

lebron
    kevin love
    kawhi leonard
    lamarcus alridge
    marc gasol

smaller deals for people like

kenneth farried
    draymond green
    gerald green
    nikola vucevic
    jimmy butler
    paul millsap
    jeff green
    al jefferson
    deandre jordan
    rudy gay

I'm far from an expert but I think you have to start with AD's contract. As a (designated?) max player, he'll command at least 25% of the team's salary cap. But if he reaches certain incentives he can get as much as 30% of the team's cap. To me, the question is timing. Does he get 25% of the current cap or does he get 25% of the increased cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    I'm far from an expert but I think you have to start with AD's contract. As a (designated?) max player, he'll command at least 25% of the team's salary cap. But if he reaches certain incentives he can get as much as 30% of the team's cap. To me, the question is timing. Does he get 25% of the current cap or does he get 25% of the increased cap?
    i believe since we drafted him we have his bird rights so we can go over the cap resigning him. We need to sign a big name before we re-sign him.

So you can expect a bump in your cable bill.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

That's why Lebron took the 2 year deal with the Cavs. Lebron is driven by money and his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    That's why Lebron took the 2 year deal with the Cavs. Lebron is driven by money and his ego.
    You know this is the first time he has ever signed a max contract, right? And that Miami and Cleveland aren't exactly large media markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    If only somebody wrote a super detailed article answering all these questions and more...

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...eans-pelicans/
    @mcnamara247

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    You know this is the first time he has ever signed a max contract, right? And that Miami and Cleveland aren't exactly large media markets.
    Please don't bother the uninformed with facts. There should be a sign or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Please don't bother the uninformed with facts. There should be a sign or something.
    He was right about LeBron taking a two year deal because of the upcoming media deal. Also an out in case Cleveland stays Cleveland.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Umm so it's a fact that LeBron is driven by ego and money, now? If he was in the fact checking business then he would've known that LeBron has never been a max player...which craps on his narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If only somebody wrote a super detailed article answering all these questions and more...

Can u sum in 140 chars or less plz
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I read something somewhere that the league may even off the boost by spreading the increase to the cap over multiple years. Instead of having it all happen at once.

so we are gonna get kevin durant! I like it!

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Durant
    Davis
    Asik

championship.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So you can expect a bump in your cable bill.
    Don't need a new NBA television deal for that.

If only.............................................. .................................................. .........

Thanks!

Kd would be crazy not to play here. He has seen okc owners are cheap and ours have no problem with spending. He can team up with a Mvp caliber player, a defensive anchor, and a pass first the pg who can also play off ball. With Lebron, love, and Kyrie together this is his best chance to contend for years.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 09-09-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Kd would be crazy not to play here. He has seen okc owners are cheap and ours have no problem with it. He can team up with a Mvp caliber player a defensive anchor and a pass for the pg who can also play off ball. With Lebron, love, and Kyrie toget her this is his best chance to contend for years.
    I think along these lines too, but if max money is a limiting factor....wouldn't OKC pay Durant more than any other team regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Kd would be crazy not to play here. He has seen okc owners are cheap and ours have no problem with it. He can team up with a Mvp caliber player a defensive anchor and a pass for the pg who can also play off ball. With Lebron, love, and Kyrie toget her this is his best chance to contend for years.
    We can only dream. I give it a 0.001% chance of happening, but it would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think along these lines too, but if max money is a limiting factor....wouldn't OKC pay Durant more than any other team regardless?
    By that time maybe AD gets up to 7ft and 255 pounds and becomes our center and ryno at PF. If it comes down to getting DURANT i would give him every dollar possible, the max, that case when he is a free agent he would come here because the money would be the same. I would gladly sacrifice Asik for durant lol. Also if we can get rid of Gordon possibly we could afford both.

jrue
    tyreke
    durant
    ad/ryno
    asik

that is so beyond the best team in the league IDK what to say. I would take that over cleveland's team any day. AD will be better than love in a few years, same for KD and lebron, i like jrue just as much as kyrie, but if that doesn't do it for you, tyreke blows waiters out of the water at SG.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    By that time maybe AD gets up to 7ft and 255 pounds and becomes our center and ryno at PF. If it comes down to getting DURANT i would give him every dollar possible, the max, that case when he is a free agent he would come here because the money would be the same. I would gladly sacrifice Asik for durant lol. Also if we can get rid of Gordon possibly we could afford both.

jrue
    tyreke
    durant
    ad/ryno
    asik

that is so beyond the best team in the league IDK what to say. I would take that over cleveland's team any day. AD will be better than love in a few years, same for KD and lebron, i like jrue just as much as kyrie, but if that doesn't do it for you, tyreke blows waiters out of the water at SG.
    My point being....wouldn't OKC offer Durant more than any other team because they own his rights?

This article is so long I couldn't finish reading it.

Maybe try to read in sections or parts? You can manage it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    so we are gonna get kevin durant! I like it!

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Durant
    Davis
    Asik

championship.
    If Durant is on the team having Reke at SG would be a waste of a starting spot and a lot of money.

Thread Information