Pelicans Report

Thread: Jamal Franklin CUT.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar

Jamal Franklin CUT.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...maal-franklin/

anyone watch the ncaa tournament a couple years ago. This dude put up 17 and 10 as a guard. he took over the kahwai leonard role. he's not a shooter, but a transition guy who can rebound at the two. would you want austin rivers or jamal franklin?
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Austin. Austin's ONLY problem has been his offensive consistency, but his hustle, defense, work ethic and grit can't be questioned.

Griz waived second-year guard Jamaal Franklin today using stretch provision

I think the better question is Franklin or Darius Miller. I know Franklin is only about 6 foot 5 and a half, but he has nearly a 7 foot wingspan and can really get after it on the defensive end. The big advantage he would bring over Miller is rebounding. They are both good passers, and similar 3-pt shooters. Miller's big advantage is that this will be his 3rd training camp - he knows the systems.
    @mcnamara247

I agree with McNamara. In no way do I want austin off of this team. Miller on the other hand seems highly replaceable.
    I'm a grinder

I was really high on Franklin coming into the league. I loved the guy's motor and grit. I really wanted us to go after him. I don't know what happened to make him fall off to the point that they would use the stretch provision on him but I'd be very interested if I were Demps.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I like Franklin. Kid has upside.

I honestly have no idea who he is. But i started following college basketball seriously just the last year and a half or so

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I honestly have no idea who he is. But i started following college basketball seriously just the last year and a half or so
    San Diego State guy. Became the go-to guy after Kawaii left for the draft. He was always a fringe NBA player, from what I remember.

I'd keep Miller. He knows the system. He has the big wing size we need. He goes back with AD. We have bird rights if he starts playing well, and Franklin isn't appreciably better.

Thread Information