Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA and FIBA World Cup 2014 Thread

An absolute shock. The Frenchmen are coming out of the wood works ha

I'm far happier about meeting France than Spain. Our biggest trouble was those 3 bigs and Rubio actually willing to pass. Now it's not an issue.

Just for information guys, we took 22 more rebounds than the spanish guys (50vs28)

France can move the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

France isn't a team to be taken lightly, that's for sure. Rather play them than Spain though.

France was a 13 point underdog and they won outright by 13. Serbia beats Brazil by 30?! TF is going on...

Quote Originally Posted by JaxMaster View Post
    Team USA is obvioulsy better and we are without Parker and Noah, but our defense is fantastic.

I hope that Monty will see some games of our team, just for learn
    Merci pour vaincre l'Espagne . Pouvez-vous expliquer pourquoi M. Alexis Ajinca n'est pas sur la liste ?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Just for information guys, we took 22 more rebounds than the spanish guys (50vs28)
    Bonne chance , mais peut-être les Français devraient se concentrer sur la nourriture et de gagner et pas de basket-ball. Et où en France êtes-vous?
    Mais sérieusement merci de visiter le blog Pelicans Roost et j'espère que vous êtes un fan Pélicans avec M. Ajinca sur notre équipe . ( Dommage qu'il soit si Batum )
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 09-10-2014 at 08:52 PM.

It's like march madness, it's just one game so anything can happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Bonne chance , mais peut-être les Français devraient se concentrer sur la nourriture et de gagner et pas de basket-ball. Et où en France êtes-vous?
    Mais sérieusement merci de visiter le blog Pelicans Roost et j'espère que vous êtes un fan Pélicans avec M. Ajinca sur notre équipe . ( Dommage qu'il soit si Batum )
    Et félicitations pour votre enthousiasme pour le basketball.
    Alexis est un meilleur joueur offensif que prévu. Si seulement il n'avait pas commis tant de fautes , il pourrait être un joueur de rotation prometteur pour les pélicans .
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 09-10-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Viva Le Blue...sign Rudy Gourbert..or whatever his name is...the guy that was the MVP
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    Viva Le Blue...sign Rudy Gourbert..or whatever his name is...the guy that was the MVP
    He's still on his rookie contract with the Jazz. I think he is 2 years in.

and now I dont even get to see Spain vs the US.. Serbia and Lithuania?? lol

Who saw Spain losing ha

I'm just up waiting for fifa 15 demo for PS4 in states. Oh- it's up? See ya!!

wow... France upsets Spain to keep us from getting the expected USA/Spain final... and Spain destroyed France by 24 in pool play

shocker esp. since it's in Spain
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

question is does this end the fun of the tourney?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    question is does this end the fun of the tourney?
    For me, a little. I really wanted to see AD go up against Asik again and then the front court trio for Spain. Now that both those dreams have been crushed I just hope he finishes strong so he can use the confidence to role into next season as the monster he could be.

this is an astounding number considering what the broadcasters said about Spain's supposed front court super-advantage over France

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    this is an astounding number considering what the broadcasters said about Spain's supposed front court super-advantage over France
    I assume it's due to Kobe's truthful criticism of Pau being "Soft" especially on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    I assume it's due to Kobe's truthful criticism of Pau being "Soft" especially on the boards.
    Not really. Spain shot 2/22 from outside. Defensive rebounds are easier to get than offensive ones.

That won't happen against our front court.

I rejoice in seeing spain lose (they've been winning in too many sports far too often these past years) but heck...i would have preferred it if they had lost against somebody who was not the frog eaters. Even germany would be better than this. Meh

Merci pour vaincre l'Espagne . Pouvez-vous expliquer pourquoi M. Alexis Ajinca n'est pas sur la liste ?
    because his baby is born this summer si he wanted to stay with his wife

Im a pelican fan, i live near bordeaux ( South west of France)

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thiefinthenight View Post

This sent chills down my spine.
    Love the inbounds lob play. Just know that if you play me in 2K I WILL pull off this play at least once. It's just too awesome not to try

Thread Information