Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA and FIBA World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    He only shot one and Ukraine had two guys under the basket because of the zone.
    He definitely shot more than one today.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    And BTW
    After watching these games I prefer Jrue over Kyrie.
    You should definitely keep your day job. This is homerism at its finest.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    No it's not, I also prefer jrue, only thing kyrie does better is shoot

Kyrie on a 2 on 1 break with AD, makes the defender commit to him, does NOT pass it to Davis, and draws an offensive foul. Terrible.

If not for this b2b2b schedule I'm sure Rose would be getting the most minutes.

Amazing how close Turkey was to going out.

nice steal and dunk AD

Davis is struggling with his little awkward shots going to the rim in this tournament. He usually hits those at a higher percentage.

BTW, this game is another reminder than Ayon is a nice rotation big man. If I were a contender, I'd love him as my 4th big. Really smart player.

Ayon has been a problem for the US

He's been excellent and has been making a bunch of really, really hard shots.

Pelicans

Ayon has been a problem for the US
    Yea he is balling. AD btw is still showing some room for growth as a ball player. Understandable for a 21 year old. I really want him to become best buddies with patric young and asik, both of those guys know where to be defensively so he can really take dat next step to being the best defensive player in the league.

On behalf of the USA, I'd like to thank Stephan Curry for finally showing up to a game.

I missed the game. Is it worth watching for AD or some other player doing cool things?

First few plays of the game were amazing. Got to say that I've really enjoyed how the refs have called the games. Allow for the flow of the game, actually calling travels which I think is really surprising some USA players. Much better than NBA refs, who have to pander to the star players and make odd calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Yeah well if they actually started calling traveling violations in the nba games would last 4 hours

Although Jrue did not play a full season last year his numbers compare favorably to Kyrie's. Also Kyrie's stats have declined and Jrue's have improved.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...4#totals::none

Although similar in FG and 3pt FG % Jrue is better at rebounds, assists and steals. But the real reason I prefer Jrue is that he is a much better defender than Kyrie and a better teammate IMO

And also speaking of value?
    Kyrie Irving signed a 5 year / $90 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, including $90,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $18,000,000.
    CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $90,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY $18,000,000 GUARANTEED:$90,000,000 SIGNED USING: Bird

Jrue Holiday signed a 4 year / $41.00 million contract with the New Orleans Pelicans, including $41,000,004 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $10,250,001.
    CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $41,000,004 AVERAGE SALARY $10,250,001 GUARANTEED:$41,000,004 SIGNED USING: Bird

I especially like Jrue at 8 million a year less than Kyrie
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 09-06-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Although Jrue did not play a full season last year his numbers compare favorably to Kyrie's. Also Kyrie's stats have declined and Jrue's have improved.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...4#totals::none

Although similar in FG and 3pt FG % Jrue is better at rebounds, assists and steals. But the real reason I prefer Jrue is that he is a much better defender than Kyrie and a better teammate IMO
    I like Jrue because he makes 11 million. I can't lie. In a vacuum he's not better than an engaged, locked in Irving. BUT, I'd rather pay Jrue and Asik, than Just Irving. I think many others whom would pick Jrue have similar non basketball related reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I like Jrue because he makes 11 million. I can't lie. In a vacuum he's not better than an engaged, locked in Irving. BUT, I'd rather pay Jrue and Asik, than Just Irving. I think many others whom would pick Jrue have similar non basketball related reasons.
    I respect this post because its the truth. Irving would be the 2nd best player on the Pels if he were here. Not even debatable IMO. When I evaluate the players, I don't even consider salary. I'll leave the GM'ing for others. I totally agree with your post

I respect this post because its the truth. Irving would be the 2nd best player on the Pels if he were here. Not even debatable IMO. When I evaluate the players, I don't even consider salary. I'll leave the GM'ing for others. I totally agree with your post
    /shrug

Looking at the stats above, Jrue could approach Kyrie's stats if he decided to shoot more often (I'm guessing his TS% is lower than Kyrie's due to a worse FT%).

But if points are all that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    /shrug

Looking at the stats above, Jrue could approach Kyrie's stats if he decided to shoot more often (I'm guessing his TS% is lower than Kyrie's due to a worse FT%).

But if points are all that matters...
    Statistically if jrue shot more he would score more than kyrie, his points per shot are higher.

Kyrie .835 points per shot
    Jrue .934

AD is getting 0 looks. I wonder why, hmmmm oh yeah kyrie is running the point. Lebron is going to love him and want to kill him at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    AD is getting 0 looks. I wonder why, hmmmm oh yeah kyrie is running the point. Lebron is going to love him and want to kill him at times.
    Sadly that's how it's been nearly every game. It's not until the 2nd half when UsA feeds it's bigs usually.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Don't let the fact that Faried has 6 shots, Harden/Curry both have 4 shots get in the way of blaming Kyrie for AD's lack of shots

Don't let the fact that Faried has 6 shots, Harden/Curry both have 4 shots get in the way of blaming Kyrie for AD's lack of shots
    Faried is the better athlete and running the P&R more aggressively while AD's role might just be O boards and keeping their big in the low post early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Faried is the better athlete and running the P&R more aggressively while AD's role might just be O boards and keeping their big in the low post early on.
    Faried also crashes the boards too. I'd like to know how many of his 6 shots was off of put back attempts. Curry and Harden were a combined 0/9 in the 1st.

Also checked, AD had the 3rd most points for our team in the 1st. I thought he didn't take any shots?

Thread Information