Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA and FIBA World Cup 2014 Thread

AD blocked this

I want to see a video of that block looks non-human.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I want to see a video of that block looks non-human.
    Yes me too and thanks to who posted the highlights yesterday, some of today's game would be appreciated as well after seeing that pic lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

now the big games begin...

USA came out like doo-doo today. This is my concern when we play Spain. Our guards are all ball hungry and have trouble feeding our bigs. 5min into the 1st we have 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    USA came out like doo-doo today. This is my concern when we play Spain. Our guards are all ball hungry and have trouble feeding our bigs. 5min into the 1st we have 2 points.
    Yep. The guards have played like crap, really. Allowing tons of dribble penetration and shooting terribly. Curry has been a turnover machine on top of that.

As soon as Kyrie got pulled for Rose our entire team turned around. Played 3 minutes with all the other starters before we mass subbed the rest of the backups.

I really think we need Thompson starting at SF instead of Harden because of the defensive ability.

Still losing by 5 with 1 left in the 1st.

Ukraine has really shown the Blue Print to beating this USA team. Pack the paint, ask the guards to shoot, and they are missing. They've shot awful all tournament.

You'd figure that Curry, Thompson, Harden, and Irving would be feasting off the open looks and the shorter line, but really only Irving has a 3pt% around what you'd expect in this environment.

Curry - 36%
    Thompson - 41% (and his looks have been wiiide open.)
    Irving - 44%
    Harden - 30%

Gay hasn't hit a three yet, while Rose is basically Tyreke Evans right now.

And even Davis has been pretty meh from midrange. If the shooting doesn't pick up we're really going to struggle.

And as I say that Curry hits his second straight 3.

I'm surprised at how much I honestly hate Kyrie's game. That dude is just a street baller. Only looks for himself, horrible shot selection, no court vision, doesn't care about his teammates. Obviously, he is immensely talented, but I'm just not a fan of his game at all. Way too selfish!

People actually watch these games?

Any update on the game? How's the brow doing?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    People actually watch these games?
    I watched like six of them over the holiday weekend. Turns out that basketball is pretty fun to watch! The Philippines especially had some entertaining games. They won their first World Cup game in 40 years today, iirc.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    It looks like Davis is falling in love with his jumpshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54038914.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	5719

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I watched like six of them over the holiday weekend. Turns out that basketball is pretty fun to watch! The Philippines especially had some entertaining games. They won their first World Cup game in 40 years today, iirc.
    I guess it maybe fun to watch the weaker teams go at it, but as for the USA, let me know when they play Spain. Til then its a snoozefest

I guess it maybe fun to watch the weaker teams go at it, but as for the USA, let me know when they play Spain. Til then its a snoozefest
    Turkey was actually a good game.

I think NBA should adopt some FIBA rules:

goaltending rules
    smaller ball
    timeouts only on dead ball

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    I think NBA should adopt some FIBA rules:

goaltending rules
    smaller ball
    timeouts only on dead ball
    Good news! They have already been planning on adding the goaltending rules for a year or so. Don't think they will adopt the others, though.

:shrug: Brazil, France, Spain and maybe one or two others also play quality ball. Fran Frascilla is coaching Ukraine, which is neat. Get to watch Giannis be a key part for Greece. See Andre Blatche be the man with a bunch of tiny players who believe they all have the hot-hand. A lot of entertaining stuff.

Cool factoid about Spain: Their team has more NBA games under their belt than this USA squad.

AD could average 40 in his prime with the FIBA goaltending rules

Announcers were taking about how Davis and fairied didn't get involved early on.

DUH!

With all of these ball-dominant guards.

Just start Davis at PG already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Cool factoid about Spain: Their team has more NBA games under their belt than this USA squad.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	you-make-me-a-sad-panda.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	5720

I fully expect AD to have a solid 3-pt shot in the next few years. He's like the baby of Bill Russell and KD. He will forever change the way PFs are expected to play.

Thread Information