Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Team USA and FIBA World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I too agree it is down to Davis and Faried. I think Davis needs to have a strong final game to really cement it though. He has taken a more backseat role these last few games. Faried has really blown me away though. He does everything right. He hustles, gets boards, plays good on defense, brings energy, is near the top at scoring and rebounding for the team and is doing it at a very high percentage.

Right now I would honestly have to lean slightly to Faried as MVP right now. Just due to the high level of consistency in every game.

LOL I get fustrated everytime when i see Faried stealing Alleys and Rebounds from Davis, i think at the PF position in international play style, he has more freedom and opportunities to be more effective, while Davis at the C position does all the dirty work. DAMN YOU FARIED! YOU AND YOUR SMELLING SALT ENERGY!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I too agree it is down to Davis and Faried. I think Davis needs to have a strong final game to really cement it though. He has taken a more backseat role these last few games. Faried has really blown me away though. He does everything right. He hustles, gets boards, plays good on defense, brings energy, is near the top at scoring and rebounding for the team and is doing it at a very high percentage.

Right now I would honestly have to lean slightly to Faried as MVP right now. Just due to the high level of consistency in every game.
    Faried has certainly had a great cup. It's clear AD has a better offensive game but in FIBA Faried is so much more athletic that he makes up for his height disadvantage and lack of range by just being more physical and having more energy than opponents.

Because AD doesn't have the weight of Faried and is playing at C he gets pushed off the block easier. It's still a very close call though. My guess is it depends on who has the better last game because I'd call it a tie ATM.

I don't care if Faried wins mvp. Davis will have nba MVPs and real accolades down the road. Faried is a great guy and I don't think people are going to use FIBA world cup MVPs in the GOAT discussion. Faried won't have real MVPs and scoring titles to look forward to. He probably deserves this. Let's just hope usa wins.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    AD of two seasons ago wouldn't have absorbed that contact nearly as well and not gotten to block that shot.

Very nice.

Also, just how quick AD is there and then that hop to get the rebound? The dude's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Manimal is probably my favorite player not wearing a New Orleans jersey - and it's been that way for years now.

I won't be too mad if he beats AD to the MVP. His story is a good one. He almost didn't make the team.

It sucks the game is on Sunday during the Saints game. I really wish it was Monday or even later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    I don't care if Faried wins mvp. Davis will have nba MVPs and real accolades down the road. Faried is a great guy and I don't think people are going to use FIBA world cup MVPs in the GOAT discussion. Faried won't have real MVPs and scoring titles to look forward to. He probably deserves this. Let's just hope usa wins.
    I don't think AD has any scoring titles in his future. His offensive game is predicated on rebounding and assisted scores. You can't win a scoring title that way. His offensive game needs much more development to win scoring titles
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I don't think AD has any scoring titles in his future. His offensive game is predicated on rebounding and assisted scores. You can't win a scoring title that way. His offensive game needs much more development to win scoring titles
    Well, yes. But to be fair, he's 21. There are few isolation, get-me-a-bucket type big men at that age, and those who exist usually have terrible efficiency. And wings can essentially decide how much they score, which isn't true for bigs who are dependent on at least handling the ball at some point in the possession. I don't anticipate AD will win scoring titles, because those tend to occur at the 28-30 ppg level. I think given his current trajectory, prime AD scores around 25-26 on high efficiency. The only way I see him competing for scoring titles is if we change coaches and significantly up our pace. FYI, that's roughly on par with Dirk, a little up from Duncan, significantly south of Robinson, similar to Hakeem, way worse than Shaq, way worse than Malone. But his early career numbers put him in that class, and barring suprises or significant injuries, I expect he ends up around the middle of that class scoring wise. Of those players, he scores the most like Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Well, yes. But to be fair, he's 21. There are few isolation, get-me-a-bucket type big men at that age, and those who exist usually have terrible efficiency. And wings can essentially decide how much they score, which isn't true for bigs who are dependent on at least handling the ball at some point in the possession. I don't anticipate AD will win scoring titles, because those tend to occur at the 28-30 ppg level. I think given his current trajectory, prime AD scores around 25-26 on high efficiency. The only way I see him competing for scoring titles is if we change coaches and significantly up our pace. FYI, that's roughly on par with Dirk, a little up from Duncan, significantly south of Robinson, similar to Hakeem, way worse than Shaq, way worse than Malone. But his early career numbers put him in that class, and barring suprises or significant injuries, I expect he ends up around the middle of that class scoring wise. Of those players, he scores the most like Robinson.
    The biggest factor to me is this being the 3pt era in the NBA it will be very hard for AD to win a scoring title because it will be hard for him to keep up with high usage 3pt shooters like Durant or Melo.

Davis jumper has looked awful this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Davis jumper has looked awful this summer.
    Not sure what to make of it. Maybe he's just rushing or thinking too much because he knows he's not likely to get many attempts on team USA. His improved jumper was the main reason he was able to be effective as he was scoring last year.

Davis still has so much to learn defensively. He has to stop biting on fakes... It's so frustrating to watch.

I think it's because of the competition of the world cup, short duration means defenders are more intense,also the defender doesn't have to leave the paint so more pressure to make your shots, also the pace USA play at can make people rush their shots
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Demarcus is playing the way that Davis should have. Never thought I'd be saying that

Kyrie is killing it today

Faried deserves MVP. Davis really disappeared offensively the last few games.

Kyrie always turns it on when he can win an award. Just the kind of selfish player he is. I'd take Holiday over him any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Kyrie always turns it on when he can win an award. Just the kind of selfish player he is. I'd take Holiday over him any day of the week.
    I made this point earlier in thread and was widely criticized but I agree with you.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Fervor of the international fans is refreshing

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I made this point earlier in thread and was widely criticized but I agree with you.
    I agree that Kyrie is a front runner, but the point I made was that if most people are honest with themselves they'd would agree that pure basketball talent and ability is not why they would pick Jrue over Kyrie. This sorta just proves my point. No one was criticizing you. For me it's salary. For some it's on court personality. But if Kyrie and Jrue are both making $1 towards the cap I find it hard to believe most here wouldn't take Uncle Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I agree that Kyrie is a front runner, but the point I made was that if most people are honest with themselves they'd would agree that pure basketball talent and ability is not why they would pick Jrue over Kyrie. This sorta just proves my point. No one was criticizing you. For me it's salary. For some it's on court personality. But if Kyrie and Jrue are both making $1 towards the cap I find it hard to believe most here wouldn't take Uncle Drew.
    I get it

Thread Information