Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA and FIBA World Cup 2014 Thread

Team USA and FIBA World Cup 2014 Thread

Thought be good to have all world cup chat in here

AD with 15 points so far on the way to a 50+ win.

Davis with 17 and 4 on 6-8 shooting in only 14 mins.

Curry can dunk :O

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Is it really smart to have AD playing in this thing?

Id rather AD start the season fresh, its a long season and hopefully postseason and this guy hasn't had a healthy season yet.
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    Davis with 17 and 4 on 6-8 shooting in only 14 mins.
    Drummond clearly better.

Today, USA will face with Turkey. AD vs. Asik. It will be hard game for Turkey. Absence of Enes Kanter, Ersan Ilyasova, Hedo Turkoglu is problem.
    Last edited by sibiryali; 08-31-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Drummond clearly better.
    Drummond got his 9 pts, with a much better array of moves. Plus his potential is amazing, plus I arbitrarily see greatness in him. Davis was basically gift wrapped 17 pts. He used the same move every time. So overrated, that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Drummond got his 9 pts, with a much better array of moves. Plus his potential is amazing, plus I arbitrarily see greatness in him. Davis was basically gift wrapped 17 pts. He used the same move every time. So overrated, that kid.
    Not..sure...if...
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Favorite bucket was midway through the first when they isolated AD on a face up from about 15 feet away from the bucket. He blew by his defender with ease and finished at the rim (thought he got fouled too).

Obvious that he has been working on his ball handling. I can't wait to see his post up game - though I don't think we will much of that in International ball.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post

Id rather AD start the season fresh, its a long season and hopefully postseason and this guy hasn't had a healthy season yet.
    He's only going to be playing 15-20 minutes a game due to blowouts and only 40 minute overall game, except he might get 25-30 in the Championship game. So it's not like it's going to wear him out.

Besides, all these guys would be playing right now anyway. They'd be playing pickup games somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post

I think this is a common misconception among fans. Davis would be training every day on his own, regardless of his status on the USA team. That said, he is now training with some of the best coaches in the world and against some of the best players in the world. Moreover, players play games all off season, and they are usually organized so that some NBA guys can play against each other with some scrub fillers to round out the teams.

AD would be playing live basketball games no matter what, but I would much rather he play against top tier talent, with top tier coaching and trainers to help him recover. Really, the main source of stress lies in all of the traveling that he is doing, but that's a quick fix.

Banned
    It is always important to play in events that carry high Importance. Especially, on a team that isn't used to winning.

Harden could care less about his shooting %. He's never seen a shot that he didn't like
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

People hate on K Irving for no reason. Dude can play

I'd let D Rose shoot jumpers the entire game. His jumper is broken

Asik has been really good. AD hasn't touched the ball so far, and he's generally been a deterrent at the rim and a rebounding machine. Unfortunately, that 3 was a really ugly shot. Asik is not a stretch anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Asik has been really good. AD hasn't touched the ball so far, and he's generally been a deterrent at the rim and a rebounding machine. Unfortunately, that 3 was a really ugly shot. Asik is not a stretch anything.
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't Asik. It was Hersec. Dude is pronouncing them the same.

Asik might be one of the best pick-ups Dell has made. Bigs bully AD. AD is best suited for the 4 IMO

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't Asik. It was Hersec. Dude is pronouncing them the same.
    Yeah, you're right.

While he was in... Omer dominated Davis and boogie. Man I'm excited about this season.

USA needs to feed da bigs

Asik with the block

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    People hate on K Irving for no reason. Dude can play
    The problem is he doesn't pass as much as he should and doesn't defend well.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Asik is making Cousins look foolish. Cousins is so used to being able to bully ball and create space. But he throws his body into Asik and he's still right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The problem is he doesn't pass as much as he should and doesn't defend well.
    The problem that I have with this statement is when you play on the Cavs A) who do you pass to B) defense is mostly team and scheme. I'll bet money since Kyrie has better players around him that he'll pass more and play more defense.

Thread Information