Pelicans Report

Thread: Austin Rivers put in work at ENC

Austin Rivers put in work at ENC

http://youtu.be/Vcjo9tUQu10

Austin definitely looks stronger. Most people had something to say about the competition he played in the pro am. This is much better competition and austin still looked great. Is it October yet?

I think I saw Courtney Lee on there too. Who are the 2 dudes at the end with the yellow and blue Nikes?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    http://youtu.be/Vcjo9tUQu10

Austin definitely looks stronger. Most people had something to say about the competition he played in the pro am. This is much better competition and austin still looked great. Is it October yet?
    Looks to be coming along physically. His base is definitely stronger and it shows with his hops returning from a 2 year hiatus. The jumper looked smooth and natural!!! He just needs to continue to consciously take mid range jumpers apposed to floaters or running into bigs and having to try contested lay ups.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I think I saw Courtney Lee on there too. Who are the 2 dudes at the end with the yellow and blue Nikes?
    The name of the player that is being shown is at the bottom of the video. I know I saw a Wille Green, Ben Gordon, Ewing Jr., and some kid going to Texas.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Is Austin taller?

I saw everyone else in that video do the same thing as Austin but with 1/4 of the dribbles Austin took do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I saw everyone else in that video do the same thing as Austin but with 1/4 of the dribbles Austin took do it.
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It was like when I was a kid and I wanted to show off my handles to the "grown folks". They'd yell at me "pass the damn ball!" lol

My dribble exhibition didn't impress them AT ALL. Same with Austin in that video. All that dribbling wasn't necessary. Make a move and blow by the guy. This isn't an And-1 mix tape!

Still like Austin though... I hope he balls out this year. But without all that damm dribbling lol

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It was like when I was a kid and I wanted to show off my handles to the "grown folks". They'd yell at me "pass the damn ball!" lol

My dribble exhibition didn't impress them AT ALL. Same with Austin in that video. All that dribbling wasn't necessary. Make a move and blow by the guy. This isn't an And-1 mix tape!

Still like Austin though... I hope he balls out this year. But without all that damm dribbling lol
    Lol i hear what y'all saying but every Austin highlight they show off his amazing handles.

I'd like for him to have couple more moves apart from the cross over and stutter step, makes it a little predictable and thus means he gets blocked more often or gives him less space to finish. Liking his step up 3 though, if he can get that down for us, we're going to have a logjam at the 4 AND the guard spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Thread Information