Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon training in LA

Eric Gordon training in LA

No not that LA but this LA along with Ryno among others:

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/one-one-eric-gordon
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I agree with him saying, they can be as good as anybody when healthy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Is it just me, or does he look 15-20 years older in that video?

i really believe that this is the healthiest he's been since he's got here. he made a great point that every offseason he's rehabbing and this time he can train. no limitations and going as hard as he wants as long as he wants is HUGE. if he can regain his abilities from when we first traded for him he's still our best offensive player. Huge IF though

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    He looks like he's about to retire, both from look and knee-health standpoint

I read it, "Eric Gordon traded to LA"

This team is going to be DANGEROUS
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    He's aging like a avocado

1-6

I really like that he is always talking about working on his explosivness! Last year I think he could have been a way more efficient player if he would have gotten more often the benefit of the whistle! For that he has to be a little bit more aggressive and explosive! if he could bring that back it would help us a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    He looks like he's about to retire, both from look and knee-health standpoint
    So he is healthy and has been healthy the bulk of last year but from a knee-health standpoint he looks like he is about to retire. Some of you guys are very immature. And need to realize the EG is on the team and is working to make the team better and for him to get better also. I guess if 1 person says anything to **** you guys off they will have a black cloud over their heads for life.

Glad EG is practicing and training heavily. Getting his knee conditioned is huge. I don't even think he is thinking about his knee anymore. Haven't herd him mention swelling in a long time which is good. I think he should be able to go hard every minute of the game now.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    It's so hard to get a read on him by looking at his face, but he looks more upbeat than other interviews.

I was gonna start a new thread on this, but I'll post it here.

If he regains explosiveness and becomes the guy we traded for again, what are the chances we try to keep him. (albeit at a lower salary) People seem to quickly forget what this guy is capable of.

A quick reminder:

I am gonna go on record and say I am an Eric Gordon believer this year. Not that he will have his best season as a pro or anything, but that he will have his best year in New Orleans and he is 80-85% the player he was in LA. I think he will be good to very good offensively. What can make him really valuable to this team however, is if his defense is anywhere close to where it was back in the day. If he can be a good to great on ball defender and average off ball, that would be huge for this team.

I have always had worries about Gordon. This year, not so much.
    @mcnamara247

I'm ever the eternal optimist, but until this dude can prove he can stay healthy I'll contain my enthusiasm.

Didn't he kind of do that last year? Started like 62 of the first 64, then the team essentially shut him down because playoffs weren't happening. We will never know, but it sounds like he could have played at the end of the year if it were necessary.

My worries go:

1. Defense
    2. Ball handling
    3. Injuries

Injuries used to always be first for me, so I guess this is an improvement

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Didn't he kind of do that last year? Started like 62 of the first 64, then the team essentially shut him down because playoffs weren't happening. We will never know, but it sounds like he could have played at the end of the year if it were necessary.
    Yeah he did... I'm hoping he could stay "explosive" for the same period. I think the defense and ball-handling will take care of itself if he's got full confidence in that/those knees.

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    So he is healthy and has been healthy the bulk of last year but from a knee-health standpoint he looks like he is about to retire. Some of you guys are very immature. And need to realize the EG is on the team and is working to make the team better and for him to get better also. I guess if 1 person says anything to **** you guys off they will have a black cloud over their heads for life.
    Amen brother

I really believe that the Eric Gordon situation will end like this:

he will be a big reason we knock off a top seed in the first round of the playoffs while also helping us fight to force a six game series before being eliminated. Then every single Pelicans fan will be begging For DELL THE GREAT to resign him. He will opt out and another team will give him a very generous deal which he will opt for. Then there will be a feeling of resentment for leaving.

Basically he will be the least liked hornet/pelican of ALL TIME.

I'd be happy if he had a good year. Aside from helping us (can't see much of that, but whatever) it'd considerably get his trade value higher. Win-win situation

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I haven't felt this good about Eric Gordon since we traded for him. He seems like he's really buying into a team offense instead of just being THE guy. He stayed fairly healthy last year and his biggest issue was how round and out of shape he looked and he's admitted such several times and keeps saying his focus is on getting his "Bounce" back.

Its pretty scary to get excited about EG since the guys just never lived up to his billing since getting here. But I think if we are to make the playoffs this year Gordon will have to be a pretty big part of that.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    I really believe that the Eric Gordon situation will end like this:

he will be a big reason we knock off a top seed in the first round of the playoffs while also helping us fight to force a six game series before being eliminated. Then every single Pelicans fan will be begging For DELL THE GREAT to resign him. He will opt out and another team will give him a very generous deal which he will opt for. Then there will be a feeling of resentment for leaving.

Basically he will be the least liked hornet/pelican of ALL TIME.
    Where this story is wrong is not EVERY Pels fan will want him to stay. He could save my mom from a burning car and I'm still getting black out drunk in celebration the day he isn't a pelican anymore.

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Where this story is wrong is not EVERY Pels fan will want him to stay. He could save my mom from a burning car and I'm still getting black out drunk in celebration the day he isn't a pelican anymore.
    Sounds like gordon took your lunch money or something. So what he has been hurt alot and is overpaid He is not the first player to be in that situation and won't be the last. Could be worse.... (Grant hill in orlando)

Sounds like gordon took your lunch money or something. So what he has been hurt alot and is overpaid He is not the first player to be in that situation and won't be the last. Could be worse.... (Grant hill in orlando)
    He also hamstrings our cap. But my point was he will never be wanted here by ALL fans. Heck, not all the fans want Davis. Just ask DaThrone.

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He also hamstrings our cap. But my point was he will never be wanted here by ALL fans. Heck, not all the fans want Davis. Just ask DaThrone.
    I hear but i would have him back on a reasonable deal. To be honest, i like the idea of deploying a 3 guard set.

And what possible does DeThrone not want Davis? He has to be a troll

I hear but i would have him back on a reasonable deal. To be honest, i like the idea of deploying a 3 guard set.

And what possible does DeThrone not want Davis? He has to be a troll
    No, it's not that DaThrone doesn't want Davis. He just doesn't think Davis is as good as most make him out to be and he would have rather had one or two other players in that draft instead.

Thread Information