Pelicans Report

Thread: New baseline rules for photographers

NBA New baseline rules for photographers

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It was only a matter of time till someone broke open their knee or head on a camera.

Kinda happened with Chris Paul.

Yeah I remember that, he was never the same after that....well for us anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Good. Push them guys and gals back. Have you seen the lens' on those things? Their zoom will work just fine from a distance.

Why they waited so much is beyond me, this has been a problem for years

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Yeah I remember that, he was never the same after that....well for us anyway
    No, you were right the first time. It ruined a lot of his explosiveness, especially over the course of game.

That injury happened at the first NBA game I ever attended. Have hated the cameras and crowds being so close ever since. A shame it took the injury to Paul George to really get the NBA to realize what a hazard baseline obstructions actually are.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Why they waited so much is beyond me, this has been a problem for years
    my buddies and i have pointed out how close the sideline cameras and fans are to the court. in full court, at full speed, there should be 10 ft of free space. its sad that it took one of the games young ambassadors going down for the league to see what many fans already knew. i mean how many times have you seen a player run full speed and end up in the cameras nest or in the crowd?
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Basketball Jones have been on that bandwagon for a while now. Is there a person alive who is upset at these rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Basketball Jones have been on that bandwagon for a while now. Is there a person alive who is upset at these rules?
    I AM UPSET

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information