Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beasley

His play in the finals is a perfect reflection on him and his career. In a blowout he made two very difficult, contested shots, one he should have passed, and got called on a traveling violation when he wasn't even being pressured by the defense. On the other end he may have looked "engaged" but he couldn't stop anyone.

I tweeted MM saying "trust me, because he made a couple shots people will ask for him on PR". Lo and behold 10 minutes later there was a thread. Now there's this one. We have a massive gap at small forward. But Beasley used 20% of his team's possessions while playing for a team that nearly threepeated. Think about that. He had Wade, Lebron, and Bosh to pass to but when he was on the court, one fifth of every play ended with him shooting or turning it over. We don't need a high percentage shooter who can't play defense with mental problems. Maybe some team will offer him a minimum contract, but at this point what are you getting with him? He went to Phoenix to lead a bad team and had more shot attempts than points, he played a very limited backup role this year and they didn't want him back. If you can think of another role for him where he could succeed here, I'm all ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    Miller, Babbit, Salmons- Does he really beat out any of those guys for a roster spot?
    Over his career, his teams are 4.3 points per 100 possessions better with him off the court than on
    where are you finding this statistic?

career on-off court according to basketball reference under play by play:
    Miller +2.7
    Salmons -1.2
    Babbit -2.6
    Beasley - 3.1
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    where are you finding this statistic?

career on-off court according to basketball reference under play by play:
    Miller +2.7
    Salmons -1.2
    Babbit -2.6
    Beasley - 3.1
    on basketball reference under ON/OFF for Michael Beasley for his career, he has a -4.3 Ortg differential. His team is 2.0pts worse and the opponent is 2.3pts better. The On/Off under his main page is just a net +/- per 100 possessions where as the Ortg measures points produced per 100 possessions through a more complicated calculation.

Either way, his career +/- still isn't good, worse than any of our current options for the 3, and he has only had one year in the positive.
    never assume

Guys who want to give Beasley a shot..... I must admit, I dig your ambition. shoot for the stars huh

feels like a make or break year. if reek gets the start at 3, I'm dandy. if not, we gotta make moves

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Guys who want to give Beasley a shot..... I must admit, I dig your ambition. shoot for the stars huh
    Why not is the question.

There's talk about him lacking focus in MIA however there's even more positive things Spoelstra said about Beasley maturing. I just don't see how a realistic worse case scenario adding Beasley could hurt the team.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Why not is the question.

There's talk about him lacking focus in MIA however there's even more positive things Spoelstra said about Beasley maturing. I just don't see how a realistic worse case scenario adding Beasley could hurt the team.
    Who would you cut for him?

withey

Thread Information