Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beasley

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar

Beasley

http://fansided.com/2014/08/25/micha...shape/#!bKZjzE

seriously, what are we doing at 3? is reek gonna start or do we need another body?
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

We don't need that body.

If Lebron couldn't get him to focus then nobody can.

Evans, Salmons, Miller, Babbitt, and AD for 4 mins a game in the big lineup. Plenty of bodies at the 4. Are any ideal? No, that comes next offseason. But this is fine for now. Nobody has the perfect team, but this is fine. And its not like Beasley would make it perfect.

Can we let the Beasley stuff go? Please?

There was just an article a couple days ago saying Miami wouldn't re sign him because of his maturity issues and defense. Why is his name still brought up?

Doubt he gets signed. If you can't do it in Miami where can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    There was just an article a couple days ago saying Miami wouldn't re sign him because of his maturity issues and defense. Why is his name still brought up?
    Eh, good question. He's the only player that always gets mentioned here, unbelievable.

Carlos Delfino

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Carlos Delfino
    Was traded to the Clippers.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    OMG, this again.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Cuz some people have a love jones for him.

We may not need Beasley but given the current make-up of this team we could very well use his skillset. Again not getting to the behind the scene things as we have no idea why LeBron would feel like Michael lacked focus or why Spoelstra choose not to play Beasley. Maybe it was the lack of playing time that cause the mental lapse who knows. All I know is we still have a huge hole at the 3. Beasley sure looked focused when he played in the Finals especially defensively. I see no reason why given the magnitude of this season to the future of management why we shouldn't kick the tires on Beasley. Winning teams aren't always comprised of boy scouts.

It's mind boggling how people can continue to ignore the mountain of evidence against Beasley both off the court and on it.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    We may not need Beasley but given the current make-up of this team we could very well use his skillset. Again not getting to the behind the scene things as we have no idea why LeBron would feel like Michael lacked focus or why Spoelstra choose not to play Beasley. Maybe it was the lack of playing time that cause the mental lapse who knows. All I know is we still have a huge hole at the 3. Beasley sure looked focused when he played in the Finals especially defensively. I see no reason why given the magnitude of this season to the future of management why we shouldn't kick the tires on Beasley. Winning teams aren't always comprised of boy scouts.
    I was about to say he didn't even play in the Finals, but lo and behold, he played 17 minutes in the final game of the series during a blowout. He only played 6 minutes in the rest of the playoffs combined.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...406150SAS.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I was about to say he didn't even play in the Finals, but lo and behold, he played 17 minutes in the final game of the series during a blowout. He only played 6 minutes in the rest of the playoffs combined.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...406150SAS.html
    I was aware he didn't play a lot, but his play prompted the question why hadn't he played more. Of course it probably was justified in the coaching staff mind, but at that point Miami was just being killed and was getting little to nothing from everybody other than James.

I was aware he didn't play a lot, but his play prompted the question why hadn't he played more. Of course it probably was justified in the coaching staff mind, but at that point Miami was just being killed and was getting little to nothing from everybody other than James.
    Because they would have rather played James or Bosh in positions Beasley was capable of playing and he is far, far worse than them. The team was built with the offense being centered around LeBron (and, to a lesser extent, Wade). Beasley doesn't have skills that fit into that. His defense was still bad, so why play him?

It's mind boggling how people can continue to ignore the mountain of evidence against Beasley both off the court and on it.
    That goes both ways. People are overlooking his skillset and his numbers. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. The question is can he improve this team? Not 100% sure, but given the right investment it may be worth the risk.

That goes both ways. People are overlooking his skillset and his numbers. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. The question is can he improve this team? Not 100% sure, but given the right investment it may be worth the risk.
    Not for what we want at the 3. He would work as a small-ball 4, but we have Anderson and Davis playing that position.

Banned
    I don't agree with a lot of things you say, but this is pretty spot on.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think his issues are imbedded. Like he has some undiagnosed disorder. Or something was diagnosed but I haven't read about it.

Basically something he can't grow out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think his issues are imbedded. Like he has some undiagnosed disorder. Or something was diagnosed but I haven't read about it.

Basically something he can't grow out of.
    I don't know he's already come a long way as far as maturity. Not sure there's a cap on how much you can grow as a person. I just don't see a problem with Dell and co. bringing him in for a test run.

i agree with da throne, he is definitely worth a look.

we still have a huge hole at the 3. Beasley sure looked focused when he played in the Finals. Winning teams aren't always comprised of boy scouts.
    his play in the playoffs is what caught my eye. the heat were getting torched and he was the only person on the court playing with pride (albeit for selfish reasons related to another contract). this is michael beasleys make or break year, his last chance. he knows it and everyone knows it. thats a good motivator

if we used evidence purely "on the court" he'd be a starter somewhere. off the court is the only issue

What does Beasley offer us at the 3 besides just being labeled a 3? Is putting Beasley in the mix for minutes at the 3 with Miller, Babbit, Salmons, and Tyreke really gonna change what we have at the 3? Does he really beat out any of those guys for a roster spot?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    if we used evidence purely "on the court" he'd be a starter somewhere. off the court is the only issue
    Over his career, his teams are 4.3 points per 100 possessions better with him off the court than on
    never assume

Thread Information