Pelicans Report

Thread: Ryan Anderson: 'My recovery's been really smooth'

Pelicans Ryan Anderson: 'My recovery's been really smooth'

Thankfully, after what’s been an unimaginably difficult past 12 months for Anderson, he’s back in Pelicans practice gear and expects to be 100 percent around the start of training camp Sept. 29. The 6-foot-9, 240-pounder received clearance last week to return to the hardwood, though he’s a few weeks away from being allowed to play in pickup games, due to the potential short-term risk to his fused herniated disc.

“I can do everything with the guys as far as shooting workouts, drills, weights and conditioning,” Anderson said. “I just can’t play five-on-five or (even) one-on-one basketball. My disc is fused, which is good, but if I take the risk of getting hit too soon, it just wouldn’t be a good thing. I have a few more weeks, so training camp I’ll be ready to go all out. I just can’t wait to play contact basketball again. I can’t wait for that day. Until then I want to build up strength, get stronger and really work on my conditioning, and get back to normal.”

“Last year was just fun basketball for me,” Anderson said, before alluding to the August 2013 death of his girlfriend, Gia Allemand. “It was a hectic year, just a crazy, nuts, wild summer. Coming back, it really sort of gave me that passion, drive and that love for basketball again, because it was really just a place I could kind of escape to. I was excited to get on the court every day, because it was something that I knew. It’s really the only thing I know. It was really fun to play in those games… I was just really confident. I shot the ball with confidence. My teammates and the coaches gave me a lot of confidence.”

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/rya...-really-smooth

He's had a tough year. Hopefully the only way is up.

never assume

Great to have my favourite player back on the team.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Wow....it's crazy to think that this team could potentially be 100% healthy to start the season. Last year Evans got hurt in preseason iirc and then Ryno with the chair. Never got off on the right footing health wise.

100% health and add Asik, Russ, Pat Young... we're gonna be a fun team to watch man.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Wow....it's crazy to think that this team could potentially be 100% healthy to start the season. Last year Evans got hurt in preseason iirc and then Ryno with the chair. Never got off on the right footing health wise.
    I want these guys to play together and get time together, but the other side of me wants to just see them ride the bench for most of the game in the preseason to guarantee we see a healthy team on night one. I am so paranoid about our health

Quote Originally Posted by Above the Rim View Post
    I want these guys to play together and get time together, but the other side of me wants to just see them ride the bench for most of the game in the preseason to guarantee we see a healthy team on night one. I am so paranoid about our health
    I think we all are at this point!

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    trade bait
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    trade bait
    Stop just stop
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

dont u see we're log jammed at ball handler and 4? and short at 3? its not even a question

i could see us moving ryno, gordon, whithey, and/or rivers for someone below

minn: thaddeus young or corey brewer
    orl: mo harkless or tobias harris
    den: wilson chandler or danillo gallinari
    gs: harrison barnes
    por: nic batum
    bos: jeff green
    sac: rudy gay
    okc: perry jones
    dallas: jae crowder
    la: matt barnes
    cha: michael kidd gilchrist
    tor: terrance ross
    ind: evan turner
    chi: mike dunleavy
    atl: demarre carroll
    utah: jeremy evans
    Last edited by ScoutWithoutClout; 08-27-2014 at 01:51 AM.

^^ 3 guys on your list who Demps would laugh at if offered for Ryan Anderson- perry jones, Jae Crowder, Evan Turner.

thats why whitney and rivers are included

I thought he wouldn't play until March? Good to know my assumption was wrong.

I would be reluctant to move a top 59 protected 2nd rounder for Jeremy Evans... I mean, he's a 190 lbs PF that can't get playing time in Utah...

And Turner signed with the Celtics.

I would only consider Batum, and it would take me something else from Portland to make it work still... That's how much I value Ryno

danillo could be the real steal. he was great before he got hurt. it all depends on if he comes back healthy. kidd gilchrist would be hard to swing, but my favorite. in reality, orlando and minnesota make the most sense

Thread Information