Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Players (any position) for 2014-15

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    The fact you put people like Ibaka and Drummond etc. in front of davis makes me want to punch you in the face, sorry.
    Man this the post of the year. Hilarious lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The eye test is opinion based. The stats reflex Ibaka being the third option. Which has been considered a title contending team for the past 4 years.

I clearly don't have the same opinion of currency as you do. Wagering USD's doesn't make me anymore right or wrong because it's all opinion based. I'm not arguing stats and stats only. Skillset is the biggest thing that stands out to me. Averaging certain numbers aren't equal in all situation. I factor in impact on wins, teammates, system, etc. If we were to bet and you were to lose would that prove your opinion wrong? Of course not so I fail to see the point if betting is to meassure rightness or wrongness.
    Exactly what I thought. You're a joke. You only make ridiculous assertions with your only support being things that are unable to be shown, tested or proved. One way or another, what you rely on doesn't add up because that list, and most of your opinions, are all over the place. You skew the bs that you write to whatever is being addressed at that moment. Internet attention hungry type of guy are you? You systematically have an opinion that differs from most (which in and of itself is fine), but you offer nothing tangible to support it. Ever. That's that.

When your opinion is routinely without any factual basis or support, yet is routinely against the grain, the natural conclusion is that your opinion is just that...against the grain for no reason other than that.
    Last edited by saintsinNO; 08-27-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Above the Rim View Post
    Would it really bother all of you that much if one guy came on here and kept saying 'The sky is yellow"?

If not, then why do you guys let this one poster bother you? I don't get it.
    I'm not losing sleep over it, but that doesn't mean I can't address his clear bs. It's far more comical to me than upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    god i wish we would have traded up a pick and paired ad with drummond instead of ad with rivers
    IMO that wasn't ever an option, but we should have picked up Al Jefferson last summer as the #1 priority. He and AD would be like a rich man's Z-Bo and Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Exactly what I thought. You're a joke. You only make ridiculous assertions with your only support being things that are unable to be shown, tested or proved. One way or another, what you rely on doesn't add up because that list, and most of your opinions, are all over the place. You skew the bs that you write to whatever is being addressed at that moment. Internet attention hungry type of guy are you? You systematically have an opinion that differs from most (which in and of itself is fine), but you offer nothing tangible to support it. Ever. That's that.

When your opinion is routinely without any factual basis or support, yet is routinely against the grain, the natural conclusion is that your opinion is just that...against the grain for no reason other than that.
    Again if that's how you feel than don't make yourself look the fool arguing with a fool. You want to use the internet to bump your chest be my guest. But trying to bait me into juvenile bets that prove nothing is beneath me. My rare opinion has made me a poster on this board that has to defend his position more than any other poster here. And I have done so with much more respect and grace than the vast majority of posters here. So don't make it seem like I haven't made 100's of post explaining my opinion just because you don't think I did so in this one thread.

The eye test is opinion based. The stats reflex Ibaka being the third option. Which has been considered a title contending team for the past 4 years.

I clearly don't have the same opinion of currency as you do. Wagering USD's doesn't make me anymore right or wrong because it's all opinion based. I'm not arguing stats and stats only. Skillset is the biggest thing that stands out to me. Averaging certain numbers aren't equal in all situation. I factor in impact on wins, teammates, system, etc. If we were to bet and you were to lose would that prove your opinion wrong? Of course not so I fail to see the point if betting is to meassure rightness or wrongness.
    Westbrook missed most of the season last year. Why ibaka stats didn't rise much? I mean he should've been putting up 20ppg as the 2nd option right?

Banned
    Again if that's how you feel than don't make yourself look the fool arguing with a fool. You want to use the internet to bump your chest be my guest. But trying to bait me into juvenile bets that prove nothing is beneath me. My rare opinion has made me a poster on this board that has to defend his position more than any other poster here. And I have done so with much more respect and grace than the vast majority of posters here. So don't make it seem like I haven't made 100's of post explaining my opinion just because you don't think I did so in this one thread.
    You don't support any of these 'against the grain' opinions with anything that is objectionable or subject to review. You throw crap out there and talk in circles. I'm not a fool arguing a fool. I'm exposing a fool's baseless sentiments routinely put forth and establishing that you do so for the reaction it is likely to, and usually does, draw. Juvenile bet is the only thing that can shut your juvenile bs that you always throw out for attention. You don't have to actually stand behind this stuff, because if you did you wouldn't be so brazen. You aren't fooling me with the high-road act, you simply don't want to stand behind the trash that comes out of your mouth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Westbrook missed most of the season last year. Why ibaka stats didn't rise much? I mean he should've been putting up 20ppg as the 2nd option right?
    da ThRONe: "Stats, minutes, points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, PER, win shares, WARP, TS%, FG%, 3pt FG%, A/TO ratio, and Offensive and Defensive Efficiency Ratings don't matter. I think so, that's why I think I'm right."

Leave it to daThrone to pull me back in earlier than I was planning. Come to read about USA basketball and people calling Davis the best player on the team, and then see he's ranked No. 22 on DTs list. Behind Drummond, who DT had to admit this last year was not as good as Davis. Now he's 4 spots ahead of Davis?

Gtfo here. This list is insane and I promise you NO ONE agrees with it in the entire world. "But it's my opinion vs yours." My opinion is you are a dumb***. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-27-2014 at 05:59 PM.

James
    Durant
    Popovich
    Davis
    Paul
    Howard
    Love
    Faried
    M. Gasol
    Ibaka

1. Davis

The rest

Greg Stiemsma

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Leave it to daThrone to pull me back in earlier than I was planning. Come to read about USA basketball and people calling Davis the best player on the team, and then see he's ranked No. 22 on DTs list. Behind Drummond, who DT had to admit this last year was not as good as Davis. Now he's 4 spots ahead of Davis?

Gtfo here. This list is insane and I promise you NO ONE agrees with it in the entire world. "But it's my opinion vs yours." My opinion is you are a dumb***. Prove me wrong.
    Here the difference I don't care if the entire worlds agrees.

I would say that mindset is at the heart of every problem in the world. So if thinking for myself makes me insane I'll gladly be insane every second of my life.

Here the difference I don't care if the entire worlds agrees.

I would say that mindset is at the heart of every problem in the world. So if thinking for myself makes me insane I'll gladly be insane every second of my life.
    So you can't prove me wrong. Great!

We can't possibly buy stats are everything. That such a reductionist way of thinking about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So you can't prove me wrong. Great!
    When was I trying to?

When was I trying to?
    So you admit it. Even better!

Drummond can't do anything but rebound and get putbacks. He has no versatility and it's the reason why Smith and Monroe don't fit that roster with him. Terrible defender. Even worse free throw shooter.

If DaThrone is drafting for the team with the #1 pick back in 2012, he's either fired before the draft, or becomes a laughing stock of the league when he doesn't take Davis #1.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    The sky is yellow.

Yeah you are definitely a polite debater and I guess people shouldn't technically be upset with you.

I know I'm not when I see your opinions. I see completely inconsistent standards of evaluation, and sometimes I'm utterly confused by the arguments you make for preferring one player to another, but as you say, it's probably best to just ignore you based on your inconsistent evaluations.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    The sky is yellow.
    Where are you getting your data from?!!!

Your premise is flawed and you are a troll. I am so mad right now and I need to keep engaging you in numerous posts even though I and all the other posters know your conclusion is laughable at best.

Agghhhhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Drummond can't do anything but rebound and get putbacks. He has no versatility and it's the reason why Smith and Monroe don't fit that roster with him. Terrible defender. Even worse free throw shooter.

If DaThrone is drafting for the team with the #1 pick back in 2012, he's either fired before the draft, or becomes a laughing stock of the league when he doesn't take Davis #1.
    Drummond is a elite rebounder who can run the floor really well. Not his fault Josh Smith thinks he's a small forward. I wish Drummond would've fallen to us in 2012

I think some people are getting a lil out of hand. You shouldn't want to punch ppl in the face because of a post or call them a dumb*** just because of his opinion... If you going to say something say it to his face not behind a computer.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Above the Rim View Post
    Where are you getting your data from?!!!

Your premise is flawed and you are a troll. I am so mad right now and I need to keep engaging you in numerous posts even though I and all the other posters know your conclusion is laughable at best.

Agghhhhhh!!!
    You are entitled to your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Yeah you are definitely a polite debater and I guess people shouldn't technically be upset with you.

I know I'm not when I see your opinions. I see completely inconsistent standards of evaluation, and sometimes I'm utterly confused by the arguments you make for preferring one player to another, but as you say, it's probably best to just ignore you based on your inconsistent evaluations.
    Not sure where the inconsistencies are in my evaluation. I'll be glad to read them if you care to point them out to me.

You are on a discussion board and making assertions that no expert in the nba would back you up on. The onus is on you to prove that your assertions deserve merit. Further asserting your kindness and grace doesn't get you any step closer to achieving any legitimacy to your arguments.

Your list is an absolute joke and the fact that your best supporting evidence so far has been a cherry picked highlight reel says it all. I honestly gave you more credit then most on this board have in many topics but this thread literally makes me think you are either a troll or are completely incapable of analyzing basketball objectively and with any merit. Because the amount of things wrong with that list is just staggering and when your fallback is to appeal to the unquantifiable and then assert your righteousness I have to step back and laugh at the absurdity of it.

Thread Information