Pelicans Report

Thread: Do we reallly need a small forward that bad?

Pelicans Do we reallly need a small forward that bad?

I ask this question because the NBA game as we know it is evolving. The SF/SG postion is becoming less about creating in isolation plays and more about spotting up for the long ball. Do we really need to lay out a ridiculous amount of cash for someone whose main duty will be spotting up in the corner for threes offensively and running out shooters on the other end?

I would rather have an elite bench than a great(but over priced) starting five. What do you guys think?

Side Note**** I am new to this blog but have been following "bourbon streets shots" and "thebirdwrites" for awhile now.

I don't think 6-8M is a ridiculous amount to spend on a 3&D player.
    The problem is that we have both Evans and Gordon making big money and they play the same role.

Once Gordon is off the books we will spend what is available to complete the roster.
    Holiday, Evans, FA, Davis and Asik will be our core.
    Anderson will be the 6th man and the rest of the team 7-15 can be warm bodies for all I care.

Those 6 players are enough to take us to the Finals in 2-3 years.

if draymond green keeps improving his 3 ball he would be an incredible SF for us, 3 and D SF who can handle the ball and also pass, and bang with bigs even.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    if draymond green keeps improving his 3 ball he would be an incredible SF for us, 3 and D SF who can handle the ball and also pass, and bang with bigs even.
    Looks like only a few agree, from the thread I started:

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...-Missing-Piece

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Looks like only a few agree, from the thread I started:

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...-Missing-Piece
    Draymond green would be worth the bill for me. Personally I don't even look at him as just a SF, I see him as purely a basketball player because he does so much for your team.

The signing that I am fearful of is the chandler parsons/gordon hayward type signing. Even the money that MARVIN FREAKING WILLIAMS got is absurd.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    minn is getting thadeus young....eric gordon for thad young/corey brewer and kevin martin?
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

I like it, depends on whether Minnesota bites or not (though they were rumoured to have wanted Gordon before). Also, not sure what the 76ers get out of it? i guess it would be Brewer but he hasn't been amazing over the last couple seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Why in the world do we want a Rich Man's Aminu? He still can't shoot. Now that we have Asik, shooting from the SF position is even more important. Thaddeus Young just doesn't fit this roster.

He's a good player, but he doesn't fit with our core. Besides he's a power forward in a small forwards body skill set and all.

Pelicans

Both Minny and philly. Philly doens't want to pay anything but expiring contracts and rookie deals. Plus minny just gave up a prospect for Thad. He isnt going anywhere.

I don't think 6-8M is a ridiculous amount to spend on a 3&D player.
    The problem is that we have both Evans and Gordon making big money and they play the same role.

Once Gordon is off the books we will spend what is available to complete the roster.
    Holiday, Evans, FA, Davis and Asik will be our core.
    Anderson will be the 6th man and the rest of the team 7-15 can be warm bodies for all I care.

Those 6 players are enough to take us to the Finals in 2-3 years.
    This all the way!

Thread Information