Pelicans Report

Thread: AD Weighing in at 242lbs?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

AD Weighing in at 242lbs?

Well, well, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Getting fat.
    AD is the new Charles Barkley and Shaq. His weight is getting out of control.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

If he still weighs that at the beginning of season I'll be surprised.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    **** YEAH!

Dude that was hilarious.

THAT FAT *******!!!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Holy crap.

it's looking good with team usa
    SIGN A SF

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What if he gets to 255? That would be freaky. If his upper body gets bigger and stronger he might actually develop more post moves without getting pushed around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want him to get too heavy. I think it'd take away a bit of his game as far as explosiveness/athleticism/agility go

he's in a bulking phase, when he gets to training camp and plays throughout the season he will drop about 8-10 pounds. I'd be fine if he got up to 250 and dropped back down to 240

most of that muscle seems to be in his chest and shoulder area. I believe he should be focusing on his legs, that is where your strength in the post comes from.

If he grows his legs he will gain a lot of weight because he has long legs and legs muscles are huge. This is why some 6'8" guys weigh 250 lbs and do not look that big or bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    most of that muscle seems to be in his chest and shoulder area. I believe he should be focusing on his legs, that is where your strength in the post comes from.

If he grows his legs he will gain a lot of weight because he has long legs and legs muscles are huge. This is why some 6'8" guys weigh 250 lbs and do not look that big or bulky.
    Legs take the longest time to put muscle on while upper body is relatively quick. His legs don't even need to be that big in the NBA (see: Tyson Chandler's chicken legs).

Chandler weights 235 lbs and hasn't been a model of health. AD needs to strenghten his legs to also prevent injuries. It doesn't have to look like soccer player's legs, but some muscle is needed to help and protect him IMO.

noah is 6"11 232
    reigning nba defender of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Legs take the longest time to put muscle on while upper body is relatively quick. His legs don't even need to be that big in the NBA (see: Tyson Chandler's chicken legs).
    That's coz most people hate training legs and focus on upper body because it's immediately more impressive.

Plus heavy squats and deadlifts hurt. A lot.

That and leg muscles just plain don't bulk up as quickly with the same effort as upper body.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I'd love for him to play at 245-250ish thru the season every year. He can carry it very well and be a physical freak like lebron.

Found this footage of AD playing high school ball. He bulked up a lot since these days (not that long ago!)

Thread Information