Pelicans Report

Thread: A odd Pelican line up I hope to see a lot this year

A odd Pelican line up I hope to see a lot this year

Jure/Reke/AD/Ryno/Asik

I think this may be a effective line up and have mostly AD or Ryno guard the SF. Last season when they played most teams just played their sf at the 4 any way which AD and Ryan guarded a lot. It gives plenty of size and length and spacing that most teams can't match. This may also be the most effective line up offensively for players like Tyreke and AD.

1-6

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    i like the idea of

Jrue
    EG
    Reke
    AD
    Asik

Ryno, russ, jimmer, pat young getting bench minutes. a trade may be in order though to get a SF
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

I've sen a few people propse this and while that lineup yeilds the most talent on the ciurt at once and I think is a decent lineup (AD probablty covering the SF on defense) I don 't love it.
    What makes Ryno so valuable isn't just his scoring, but the effect it has on the rest of the team. When he takes a big out of the paint and out to the three point line above the break, the lane is open for any of our ball dominant, penetrating guards. They now only have one big to deal with protecting the rim and can try and create for someone else or kick out when the defense is forced to collapse. Ryno stuuggled when guarded by SFs. We were saying that is why our SF needed to be able to shoot, because teams were smartly putting a PF on aminu and a SF on Anderson and Aminu couldnt shoot to make them pay.
    It also takes AD away from the rim and puts him on the perimeter running through screens. So while its not terrible, I still much prefer using AD/Asik/Anderson as a three headed monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I believe that lineup can work in limited minutes. Best at the end of the 2 halfs. I really like the idea of having two of our top bigs in the game while the other is resting.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    I believe that lineup can work in limited minutes. Best at the end of the 2 halfs. I really like the idea of having two of our top bigs in the game while the other is resting.
    So at the end of games, you'd have a SG that can't shoot, a slow PF who can't create his own shot playing the SF on offense, our best rim protector playing d on the wing, and Asik who can't shoot ft's on the court in the closing minutes of a game? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me. IMO. AD, Ryno, and Asik should never close out a game. Any 2 of those 3 but not all 3.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Starting Lineup:
    jrue
    gordon
    tyreke
    davis
    asik

offensive lineup:
    jrue
    gordon
    tyreke