Pelicans Report

Thread: ESPN forecast

ESPN forecast

After Anthony Davis' "breakout" game a few days ago, analysts are really starting to give the pelicans the offseason respect we deserve.

lately, ESPN ranked us second in their latest forecast saying we will have the second greatest turn around from last year, ranked behind the Cavs.

This is just a week after ESPN predicted us to improve by only 3 games from last season before the USA game.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...eam-turnaround

They picked us 10th but I think we can be better than Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    They picked us 10th but I think we can be better than Houston.
    Houston is over-rated who do they have besides their 2 selfish "stars" not to mention I think the refs are finally not giving the benefit of the doubt to hardens "run into the lane flail my arms around and hope for a call move" then what does he have

AD will attract superstars at a discounted price in the near future, like miami did, when we get rid of Gordon after this upcoming season

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    AD will attract superstars at a discounted price in the near future, like miami did, when we get rid of Gordon after this upcoming season
    I like your optimism, but I have to see it to believe it. Davis and Mashburn didn't do it. Paul, West and Chandler didn't do it. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

But after we get rid of Gordon contract, we won't have a Peja sized deal dragging us down...

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    the knicks should be on the list bc of quincy acy. jackson will turn that guy into a double double machine
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Oy vey!!
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Oy vey!!
    Why do you support Gordon so much? What are you his relative? The guy has been an average player AT BEST making a max contract. His contract is a bad one until proven otherwise.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

no matter if I like him or I don't (I don't) - he is under contract here, he is in good health (hopefully full season) - so there is no other way than to support him...

Only if he becomes the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Why do you support Gordon so much? What are you his relative? The guy has been an average player AT BEST making a max contract. His contract is a bad one until proven otherwise.
    It's not that I support him it's that I disagree that getting rid of Gordon automatically makes the Pels better like some here assert. There is no winning culture here and the really good players are not going to sign here until there is one. We have a good player in Gordon that can help create a winning culture. I watch bball for the team and not the individuals on the roster. Getting rid of Gordon for cap space so that we can get upper tier free agents is not happening. If we're not upgrading, what's the point? I said oy vey because every thread turns into a we'll be awesome when Gordon leaves thread and that notion is preposterous. It's a good thing professionals call the shots and not the fans because there would be more emotional than smart decisions being made. And yes, I think Reke and EG are overkill and I'd trade one of them. I value multidimensional players so if EG is fully healthy, I'd personally take him over Reke who can't shoot the ball in the ocean.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 08-20-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Buddy, the professionals have been trying to move Eric Gordon the moment he signed his contract

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Buddy, the professionals have been trying to move Eric Gordon the moment he signed his contract
    Every player on the Pels with the exception of AD have been brought up in trade rumors. It means nothing. If it makes your team better, you have to trade whoever you have to trade. It's how it works. If the pros weren't trying to trade players to get better, I'd be concerned. My problem is that everyone wants to trade EG for the sake of trading him like it'll miraculously make the Pels a championship contender. That's just not true.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    It's not that I support him it's that I disagree that getting rid of Gordon automatically makes the Pels better like some here assert. There is no winning culture here and the really good players are not going to sign here until there is one. We have a good player in Gordon that can help create a winning culture. I watch bball for the team and not the individuals on the roster. Getting rid of Gordon for cap space so that we can get upper tier free agents is not happening. If we're not upgrading, what's the point? I said oy vey because every thread turns into a we'll be awesome when Gordon leaves thread and that notion is preposterous. It's a good thing professionals call the shots and not the fans because there would be more emotional than smart decisions being made. And yes, I think Reke and EG are overkill and I'd trade one of them. I value multidimensional players so if EG is fully healthy, I'd personally take him over Reke who can't shoot the ball in the ocean.
    I find all this fair (though I disagree) except the last line. Yes Gordon shoots a lot better then Reke. But Reke can defend three positions, play PG, rebounds LEAGUES better than EG, distribute the ball better and has a less extensive and serious injury list. So I don't quite get how Gordon is more multidimensional.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I find all this fair (though I disagree) except the last line. Yes Gordon shoots a lot better then Reke. But Reke can defend three positions, play PG, rebounds LEAGUES better than EG, distribute the ball better and has a less extensive and serious injury list. So I don't quite get how Gordon is more multidimensional.
    No arguments there. I'm on record stating that I'm not a Reke fan

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I like your optimism, but I have to see it to believe it. Davis and Mashburn didn't do it. Paul, West and Chandler didn't do it. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
    Pelicans have a WAY better chance under the Benson regime than they ever did under Shinn.
    asdfghjkl;'

Thread Information