Pelicans Report

Thread: Jabari parker in Anthony Davis's Jersey shirt

Pelicans Jabari parker in Anthony Davis's Jersey shirt

I might be wrong but that really looks like him.

Too early for Jabari to New Orleans Rumors? J/k
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	5714  

Welcome to the boards. That is him. I saw a post of him in the stands and thought it was funny he was wearing an AD jersey.
    And yes it is too early for Parker to Nola because Parker has a long contract and probably couldn't force his way out of the Bucks who are trying to build around him and they wouldn't take anything we could offer back for him. We also don't need anymore scorers on the team. Maybe in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Way early, but they are from the same city and those guys love their city (chicago) so that is where the support comes from.

AD and Parker may try to end up in chicago in years down the line but unless we are a piece away i can maybe see Parker looking to team up with AD outside of Chicago
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Yeah, they are friends, and they are both friends with D. Rose. I tell you, if those 3 were healthy, and played on the same team...that would be a tough team to beat.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I get that Rose is super quick but I don't get the love that he gets. He can't shoot and was basically shut down in the most important game of his career thus far. A team of Rose, AD, & Parker may be fun to watch but I don't think that they can win it all.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I understand what you are saying, and I am by no means a Derrick Rose fan boy. I can only imagine that people are fans of his, and he was an MVP because of what he brings to the game. He has amazing defense (probably 2nd or 3rd best among pg's pre injury), and he can get into the lane and cause havoc. When he gets to the rim he finishes. Thats what I think people love about his game.

Parkers defense isn't average...it would take a lot of hard work on his part to make it average. But With Rose at the 1, Parker scoring at will from the 3 or 4, and Davis playing the 4 or 5. You have all your levels covered.

^ He was not a good defensive guard before the knee injuries.

^ Have fun proving he wasn't a good defensive guard before the injury. Once you are done maybe you can go and locate the Ark of the Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    ^ Have fun proving he wasn't a good defensive guard before the injury. Once you are done maybe you can go and locate the Ark of the Covenant.
    I'd rather keep my face and skin, thank you very much.

Rose was a very undisciplined and careless defender. That doesn't matter much in Thib's scheme with rotations of Noah, Asik, and Gibson as demonstrated by Nate Robinson, DJ Augustin, etc.

It's br.com so pardon me, but they break out why he is a top tier defensive pg.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-nba/page/18

It's br.com so pardon me, but they break out why he is a top tier defensive pg.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-nba/page/18
    Forgive me if I don't trust bleacherreport on anything at all, ever for any reason. Fox News is more credible to me.

There are also no good statistics to use for individual player defense, so we won't ever agree anyway. But as a token effort, here is an article from some more reputable basketball minds than my own written during Rose's MVP season:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...o-derrick-rose

Great at some things, awful at others, overall an average defender for his position.

Rose was an average defender.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

For what it's worth, the article also lists Jrue as a top defender for his position. The article was written before the injury so a lot can change. All I do know is that Coach K hasn't gotten on him for his defense.

For what it's worth, the article also lists Jrue as a top defender for his position. The article was written before the injury so a lot can change. All I do know is that Coach K hasn't gotten on him for his defense.
    Yeah, as long as he plays that side of the floor with effort and focus, no one should complain.

There was a lot of talk and evidence that Lillard was a bad defender, he was a beast on John Wall in the USA game, a lot of being a good defender when you have elite athleticism is just having the energy.

Thread Information