Pelicans Report

Thread: Anthony Davis has a SERIOUS 3 point shooting stroke

Anthony Davis has a SERIOUS 3 point shooting stroke

What?! AD you are freakish

Davis always had good shooting form. While it doesn't translate for every player you would imagine adding 3-4 feet to his jumpshot is very probable.

its insane how complete his game is at 21

Banned
    Could see this coming from a mile away.

He was a guard before the growth spurt, and apparently a decent one. I can't see why anybody would be surprised.

Not saying that all guards can shoot, but its not like AD was a big clumsy kid that couldn't do anything aside from dunk.

I'm thinking he's going to the bulls :\

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    maybe in like 7 years... not before that though.

Would instantly make his pick and pop a much more dangerous play. If he's hitting >30%, he's break-even with his 17 or 18 footer and he pulls opposing bigs further out of the paint. If he can do better than that and opposing bigs have to try to close out hard, he can pull the ball on the floor, two dribbles and he's at the rim. I'm excited about this. You don't want the guy to fall in love with his jumper, but if he can trade a couple of long twos for threes, that will make this offense better.

AD doesn't need to be a 3-point threat. if he could get as consistent with his mid-range game as DWest was when he left us... AD will be deadly. Not saying that a 3-point shot wouldn't help, but just get real good in that 15-19 foot range so that guys have to play him out in space where he could blow-by them off the dribble.

Any 3s AD makes would be lagniappe. But its not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    AD doesn't need to be a 3-point threat. if he could get as consistent with his mid-range game as DWest was when he left us... AD will be deadly. Not saying that a 3-point shot wouldn't help, but just get real good in that 15-19 foot range so that guys have to play him out in space where he could blow-by them off the dribble.

Any 3s AD makes would be lagniappe. But its not necessary.
    He's already really credible (e.g. not much worse than guys like LMA, who lives there) from that range. But unless you're Dirk or Durant, teams are ok with giving you that shot. If AD can shoot a little below NBA average from 3 (say 34%), that would be a little better per shot than 50% from 2, which would be one of the best big man midrange shooters in the game.

I keep worrying about this too but then I realize if we are winning and successful he isn't going anywhere. So I just hope we can be successful in the next couple years. Make the playoffs and show promise. If we build it he will stay

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    I keep worrying about this too but then I realize if we are winning and successful he isn't going anywhere. So I just hope we can be successful in the next couple years. Make the playoffs and show promise. If we build it he will stay
    It would be very hard for Davis to walk away from us if we are title contenders. Now if we are just a middling playoff team that looks to never make that leap to true contender between now and the end of his next contract, he is likely gone. Heck I think most players of his caliber would be.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Dude is a Swiss Army knife lol It's like I'm waiting for him to get a "go to move" but what he might be able to go to anything to score.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

I thought this would happen next off-season.

Why do I ever underestimate this guy?

With his speed and length having a shot at the three point line makes him an even better offensive threat. If he gets a pocket pass then he can just run every play lol
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information