Pelicans Report

Thread: Eric Gordon says Pelicans are "for sure a playoff team"

Smack Eric Gordon says Pelicans are "for sure a playoff team"

Highlights of his interview include "looking forward to having a good year", "it's gonna come back this year", "we have a fully loaded team", " I think guys will be getting back together again in the next few weeks", "it's all mental", "I've been in pretty good shape for a while now" and "it's all about having a full season together".

http://fansided.com/2014/08/06/eric-...-team/#!bxA5gS

Is this the same guy we've seen and heard for the past 3 years or does he have a new attitude (and physique)?

Maybe hired a PR/Media advisor and personal trainer? I know he can afford both.

Between the lines it looks like his brother whipped EG back into shape.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 08-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

He jinxed us. What a *******; I tolds you he hates New Orleans.

If we get Clippers Gordon, just start sizing the guys for their rings now

Edit: lol at the guy starting the article out calling him Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

Good catch! I missed that. Thank goodness can edit post posts on PR to cover up my mistakes. Too bad Bryan Rose doesn't have that option!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Good catch! I missed that. Thank goodness can edit post posts on PR to cover up my mistakes. Too bad Bryan Rose doesn't have that option!!
    I'm assuming this was a joke.... If not, then wow......

lets hope everything goes well for him and the pelicans this season. a positive attitude is a good sign, hopefully we can get some results

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

If he has a noticeably better attitude, then I'll give him a chance

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...ting-playoffs/

That's where the entire interview is.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It's just a ploy to play with your emotions. Get him the hell out of here!

That might be the most upbeat and positive interview I have ever seen Gordon have since being traded here. None of the passive aggressive comments or anything of that sort.

I actually have a really good feeling about Gordon this season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Here's the real question...

After Gordon has a good year, Tyreke proves he's more than capable of playing SF, and the Pelicans make it to the 2nd round of the Playoffs, how much money are we going to throw at Gordon to resign him when he opts out??

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

After Gordon has a good year, Tyreke proves he's more than capable of playing SF, and the Pelicans make it to the 2nd round of the Playoffs, how much money are we going to throw at Gordon to resign him when he opts out??
    I think that is really the plan here. Trading gordon might still be on the list, so we could get a SF or whatever. But i have all the faith in the world that Reke will prove to be the starter at the 3 we've been missing, Cannot wait to see it unfold this season. #stayhealthy.....

Gordon opts out. Danny Green and Damarre Carroll sign. Asik re-signs. Championship

I don't want to resign him and I hope the team doesn't either!!!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

1) i doubt he opts out of $15MM
    2) his contract includes a 15% trade kicker

most likely scenario is that the pels let him expire in 2016

Honestly with the exception of him being a key cog in a championship run this year or next I wouldn't want to resign him under any other circumstance. His injury history is frightening and we will already have a lot of tough decisions in the next 1-3 years if everyone on our team plays at or above their paycheck like we all hope they do.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

He's worth half of his current salary if he can stay healthy for a full season. I don't want us to resign him, but if he does it should be for half of whatever he can get anywhere else. We paid this guy for 2 years (around 30 million) and got nothing in return (at least last year he showed us something). I know it doesn't work like that.

That should be our mindset now folks.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Honestly with the exception of him being a key cog in a championship run this year or next I wouldn't want to resign him under any other circumstance. His injury history is frightening and we will already have a lot of tough decisions in the next 1-3 years if everyone on our team plays at or above their paycheck like we all hope they do.
    I don't think it'll be tough decisions. If Gordon plays to his full potential and Reke does as well, you keep Gordon because he's the better player (when healthy).
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

More comments from Demps:
    Fantasy Basketball Breaking News

Eric Gordon: Eric Gordon (knee) healthy, 'in great shape'
    Eric Gordon - G - NO - Aug. 19 - 4:53 pm et
    Eric Gordon (left knee surgery) is healthy and "in great shape," according to Pelicans GM Dell Demps.
    His attitude toward being in New Orleans seems to have improved, as he voluntarily spent time with the Pelicans during Summer League, and said he expects to make the playoffs if the team stays healthy. Gordon missed 18 games last season and has averaged 32.2 DNPs over the past five years, so fantasy owners should view him skeptically on draft day. Aug. 19 - 4:53 pm et

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

IF eric gordon can play like the clippers eric gordon for 1 season, this season, I will forgive him for everything in the past. This team with a healthy roster, improved AD and clippers eric gordon would be unstoppable. Seriously.

Thread Information