Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: With PG out for the year would it be possible that the PELS send Gordon to PACERS?

Watch him on the court. A lot of times the offense stops with him especially if he hasn't attempted a shot in 2-3 series. He has a "I'm going to get mine" mentality. When he drives and gets bounced around and doesn't score he complains to the ref instead of getting back on D and making a play. It's little things like that that make him such an aggravating player to watch IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    People are still upset he chose Phoenix over us a couple years back, and now they're trying to find any excuse in the book to get rid of him.
    Soooo you want to keep him?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Soooo you want to keep him?
    I do. Too much overreaction to this kid. He still has elite talent. Most of his downfalls have been because our medical staff haven't been able to decipher what's been wrong with him health wise. I believe he can still help this team, more than Tyreke even.

I do. Too much overreaction to this kid. He still has elite talent. Most of his downfalls have been because our medical staff haven't been able to decipher what's been wrong with him health wise. I believe he can still help this team, more than Tyreke even.
    lol in your eyes what is he elite at? Staying on then bench?

its funny, If he somehow plays well on his next team those guys will be "see, I told you we should of kept him" like it totally negates the nothing he's given us.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    its funny, If he somehow plays well on his next team those guys will be "see, I told you we should of kept him" like it totally negates the nothing he's given us.
    1 year can't justify the 3 terrible years he gave us

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    lol in your eyes what is he elite at? Staying on then bench?
    Well, his one on one defense was apparently the best Team USA saw at the last camp he attended. He has incredible abilities to slash to the rim, solid 3 point shooter, incredible athlete.

And all that goes put the door if he cant stay on the court. Plus if he was all that why he didn't make the team?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gordon is the 3rd most important player on this team behind AD and Holiday. I don't think he's the same player he was when he played for the clippers. He lost a step and he isn't the same on defense. I love it when he plays a great game and we win. Believe me. I wish he could prove us wrong I really do. I would be able to accept keeping him if he 1. Stayed healthy
    2. Had a team first mindset
    3. Played better defense like he gives a damn.
    4. Improved scoring and played like an above average SG with numbers such as 18-19ppg, 3-4apg, 3.5rpg, 1.5spg
    5. Treated coach with utmost respect
    6. Decrease turnovers improve passing and ball handling
    7.recognize AD is the star of this team and is superior to Gordon as a basketball player no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Gordon is the 3rd most important player on this team behind AD and Holiday. I don't think he's the same player he was when he played for the clippers. He lost a step and he isn't the same on defense. I love it when he plays a great game and we win. Believe me. I wish he could prove us wrong I really do. I would be able to accept keeping him if he 1. Stayed healthy
    2. Had a team first mindset
    3. Played better defense like he gives a damn.
    4. Improved scoring and played like an above average SG with numbers such as 18-19ppg, 3-4apg, 3.5rpg, 1.5spg
    6. Decrease turnovers improve passing and ball handling
    7.recognize AD is the star of this team and is superior to Gordon as a basketball player no doubt.

I agree with all of this. I think if he were being paid $8mil a year instead of $15mil a year we'd be able to stomach him more, but once he realizes he's not the alpha dog on this team and plays within his means he could be a good fit. That being said I won't begin to hold on my breath on that.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Gordon is the 3rd most important player on this team behind AD and Holiday. I don't think he's the same player he was when he played for the clippers. He lost a step and he isn't the same on defense. I love it when he plays a great game and we win. Believe me. I wish he could prove us wrong I really do. I would be able to accept keeping him if he

This is not a true statement. There is no history of disrespect. I have a friend who works/travels with the team that says this disrespect stuff just isn't true.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    So it's all our medical staff's fault for Gordon's problems? He never had injury problems in LA or anything. Ever think maybe, just maybe, the guy is injury prone?

Well, his one on one defense was apparently the best Team USA saw at the last camp he attended. He has incredible abilities to slash to the rim, solid 3 point shooter, incredible athlete.
    His defense used to be excellent. Watch every game over the past 2 seasons, he went from excellent to poo very fast.

Banned
    He has played bigger than his size...His body broke down sooner. DRose is similar...but he has more to work with from the start.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This is not a true statement. There is no history of disrespect. I have a friend who works/travels with the team that says this disrespect stuff just isn't true.
    Yes it is true. It was seen live as he was coming off the court coach was talking to him and Gordon was mouthing off to him and I think he was very disrespectful. He disrespected the pelicans too. No reason to defend him when it's so obvious.

[QUOTE=RaisingTheBar;1241927]So it's all our medical staff's fault for Gordon's problems? He never had injury problems in LA or anything. Ever think maybe, just maybe, the guy is injury prone?

His defense used to be excellent. Watch every game over the past 2 seasons, he went from excellent to poo very fast.[/QU

Gordon was misdiagnosed by the team's medical and training staff. A Chicago doctor discovered the atrophy not the team's staff. The team considered knee surgery but his medical condition was atrophy not his knee.

[QUOTE=durun;1241973]
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    So it's all our medical staff's fault for Gordon's problems? He never had injury problems in LA or anything. Ever think maybe, just maybe, the guy is injury prone?

His defense used to be excellent. Watch every game over the past 2 seasons, he went from excellent to poo very fast.[/QU

Gordon was misdiagnosed by the team's medical and training staff. A Chicago doctor discovered the atrophy not the team's staff. The team considered knee surgery but his medical condition was atrophy not his knee.
    What about the LA doctors? What about when we changed trainers?

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Are you talking about summer of 12-13? because we suggested surgery for his knee but a chicago doctor advised continued rehab, he went to LA for the rehab, he played 42 games that year
    never assume

[QUOTE=RaisingTheBar;1241978]
    Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post

What about the LA doctors? What about when we changed trainers?
    You proved my point. Players are having surgeries performed by doctors in NYC and LA not NOLA. If you google quad atrophy, you will see it can take over a year to regain strength.

[QUOTE=durun;1241987]
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

You proved my point. Players are having surgeries performed by doctors in NYC and LA not NOLA. If you google quad atrophy, you will see it can take over a year to regain strength.
    I'm talking about when he was playing in LA man.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Amen to that, wining babies!
    Whining. And you don't need to complain about the posters on this board every chance you get.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Gordon this season. Hopefully the rumors that he is finally healthy and has more explosion are true.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Whining. And you don't need to complain about the posters on this board every chance you get.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Gordon this season. Hopefully the rumors that he is finally healthy and has more explosion are true.
    I don't know if a more explosive Gordon is a good thing. The lesser explosive Gordon is the one that has played more games. I don't know if his body can handle the reckless abandonment he played with when he was with the Clippers. Not to mention that Gordon will require more shots and the way this team is built a nice balance will need to be established to keep everybody involved.

The way his knees have been i think explosiveness is long gone from gordon, for better or worse.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The highflying guy doesn't win much anyway. It wasn't dunk on everyone Jordan who won 6 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't know if a more explosive Gordon is a good thing. The lesser explosive Gordon is the one that has played more games. I don't know if his body can handle the reckless abandonment he played with when he was with the Clippers. Not to mention that Gordon will require more shots and the way this team is built a nice balance will need to be established to keep everybody involved.
    That's valid. I think if he can regain a little bit of that quickness, it would be beneficial. Maybe not the D-Wade style of throwing his body into the paint, but being able to get separation around picks and hitting floaters, that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    That's valid. I think if he can regain a little bit of that quickness, it would be beneficial. Maybe not the D-Wade style of throwing his body into the paint, but being able to get separation around picks and hitting floaters, that sort of thing.
    Hopefully he understands that he has to play different in order to remain healthy. So that's knowing when to go hard and when to pull back.

Thread Information