Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: With PG out for the year would it be possible that the PELS send Gordon to PACERS?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I do. Too much overreaction to this kid. He still has elite talent. Most of his downfalls have been because our medical staff haven't been able to decipher what's been wrong with him health wise. I believe he can still help this team, more than Tyreke even.
    There's no evidence for your opinions. He's injury prone and those injuries have slowed him down. He's been a below average player the last two seasons when on the floor and he's on a max contract. He's the definition of a horrible contract.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't know if a more explosive Gordon is a good thing. The lesser explosive Gordon is the one that has played more games. I don't know if his body can handle the reckless abandonment he played with when he was with the Clippers. Not to mention that Gordon will require more shots and the way this team is built a nice balance will need to be established to keep everybody involved.
    Didn't think of that point before. Maybe he can just stay on the court with his less aggressive style of play. Makes him probably a worse overall player in a vacuum but is better overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic for Gordon this season. Hopefully the rumors that he is finally healthy and has more explosion are true.
    I hope so. The 'old' Gordon...in a potential contract year...who has at least somewhat bought in to the team goals...could be a positive X factor of sorts for us this year.

However, DA Throne bought up a very valid point.

Interesting to see so many Gordon optimists in this thread. Personally, I don't see where the hope is. I was a big fan of his upon coming here. I really liked his style of play, his attitude, and his potential. Maybe our team isn't guilt free in how bad things got messed up for him but I have a hard time seeing what we saw from him and not reaching the conclusion that he hasn't done all he could to help the team. I don't care about him signing with Phoenix either. I just think it is important to look at his career. His first year in LA he was okay. His next two years he went from above average to very good. Then he came here for three seasons. The time we are pining for him to return to existed for 2 of his 6 seasons in the league, 4 years ago. It's been a long time since he was that player. If you want to argue about his play of last season, you can make arguments he was a net positive, but once given the context that he makes $15 a year, and if he goes we can resolve the hole at SF, and given his injury history I think it is clear that him leaving asap is the best scenario.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Personally, I don't see where the hope is.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Haha. Youre right. Look at KG.

I just saw a couple of tweets from Marc Stein stating that the Knicks want to move Wayne Ellington and Pablo Prigioni. I wouldn't move them straight up for Gordon, but I wonder if they could be likely trade filler to help facilitate a deal. I know Iman Shumpert is also on the block. Just a thought.

Sorry I don't know how to quote a tweet through this thing yet..

With PG out for the year would it be possible that the PELS send Gordon to PA...

Sorry double post
    Last edited by BallHawk; 08-05-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post
    I just saw a couple of tweets from Marc Stein stating that the Knicks want to move Wayne Ellington and Pablo Prigioni. I wouldn't move them straight up for Gordon, but I wonder if they could be likely trade filler to help facilitate a deal. I know Iman Shumpert is also on the block. Just a thought.

Would need to add another 6 mil or so in salary to Prigioni and Ellington. So, basically, JR Smith or Bargnani. No thanks.

Is this what we have become?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    There's no evidence for your opinions. He's injury prone and those injuries have slowed him down. He's been a below average player the last two seasons when on the floor and he's on a max contract. He's the definition of a horrible contract.
    If that is true, then he will be on this team, no matter what. So I am going to cheer for him to as long as he is here.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post

In general I think Shump is 9verrated but it's not his fault Knicks fans are crazy. We'll probably hear all about how Julius Randall is the next Karl Malone until he's no longer a Laker. But I would be interested in that trade if I were the Pels if I though EJ would take the player option this next offseason. Thing is, from what we've seen/heard it seems like Dell won't trade Gordon just for a dump but only for assets. Either he is stubborn, really believes in the kid, or has some sneaky plan, who knows, but even in the event that New York calls up and puts that on the table I doubt Dell agrees to it.

Glad somebody said it, this is ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is this what we have become?

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    I'm not looking at past production, i'm looking at this stat line from last season:

2013-14 Regular Season 64 32.1 5.6-12.8 .436 1.6-4.0 .391 2.7-3.5 .785 2.6 3.3 0.2 1.2 1.8 2.1 15.4

Not worthy of his salary, but not far off. A few players who didn't produce this stat line got better deals than his this off season. This is a stat line that Austin Rivers will never produce in his nba career. NEVER.
    Austin Rivers Per 36(Starter Minutes) last year:
    14.5 PPG
    4.3 Ast
    3.5 Reb
    1.3 Steal
    41% FG
    36.5 % 3PT(Was top 10 in catch and shoot.)

Rivers also costs 10+ mil less

He's hardly garbage if you paid attention to how well he played in the 2nd half.

Thread Information