Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: With PG out for the year would it be possible that the PELS send Gordon to PACERS?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

With PG out for the year would it be possible that the PELS send Gordon to PACERS?

I think the pacers are getting more cap space. Would love to move Gordon but I know I'm just dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh boy.
    SIGN A SF

It's gon cost them if they want him now.

Doubt they want Gordon, but I'm sure they are kicking themselves about losing Lance Stevenson.

It'd be really hard for them to make the salaries work without sending back George Hill, a starter for them even though they could stand to upgrade him. Trading Gordon for an $8 million per year backup guard doesn't exactly get us the salary cap flexibility we want and Gordon doesn't come close to filling the hole left by Paul George. Not only does the trade not get Indy what they need, we've come to a point where unless we're heading into the offseason, we need actual value/useable players to replace Gordon.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    It'd be really hard for them to make the salaries work without sending back George Hill, a starter for them even though they could stand to upgrade him. Trading Gordon for an $8 million per year backup guard doesn't exactly get us the salary cap flexibility we want and Gordon doesn't come close to filling the hole left by Paul George. Not only does the trade not get Indy what they need, we've come to a point where unless we're heading into the offseason, we need actual value/useable players to replace Gordon.
    I sort of agree.

I think this could be done if a third team wants to get involved. Don't think it's even possible for the Pacers to replace PG, but if they look to add an offensive player that can initiate his own offense and handle the ball, Eric Gordon could be interesting for them and keep his hometown fans from completely checking out this season. Also, Demps was in San Antonio when they drafted and subsequently started George Hill. Maybe he's a guy Demps likes.

Dell isn't going to trade EG for players that don't help is win this season. I agree with you on that. We need useable players if we trade EG.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    pacers are a good match. gordon played for indiana in college, but who do we get in return: scola and cj miles?
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    orlando is the best match because they lack scoring and have 4 small forwards (aaron gordon, tobias harris, mo harkless, nicholson)

I doubt they are thinking about anybody but pg right now
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Perfect time to strike! Buy low on PG. Offer them Reke and Gordon. Make the Salaries match with whatever. We will still be able to give AD the full 5 year deal.

Maybe Hill and PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Perfect time to strike! Buy low on PG. Offer them Reke and Gordon. Make the Salaries match with whatever. We will still be able to give AD the full 5 year deal.

Maybe Hill and PG.
    If you have Paul George, and you know he'd be back at 100% next year, would you honestly trade him for Gordon and Reke? Come on bro...

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Its a business. If their front office took more than just a few minutes to deal with it before moving on to think about their plans for the next season and the future, then they shouldnt be in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    If you have Paul George, and you know he'd be back at 100% next year, would you honestly trade him for Gordon and Reke? Come on bro...
    I don't think PG is a super elite so yes. Especially if they want to win now. It gets them a solid backcourt for a guy who just broke his leg and will be out for an entire season.

We like to think he will come vaback the same but we don't know.

I don't think PG is a super elite so yes. Especially if they want to win now. It gets them a solid backcourt for a guy who just broke his leg and will be out for an entire season.

Hey man, I'd be all for it, but I can't see them giving up on their 24 year old All Star SF who only broke his shin. Sure, he's out for the year, but it's not that bad of an injury, and bones heal way better than tendons, ligaments, and menisci.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Desperation could force them into making a brash decision.

Could. But I ain't counting on our problem just solving itself thanks to a brutal injury.

I wouldnt trade EG and Reke for PG. The best we could do is get into a 3 team trade where Indy ends up with EG, some other team gets Hibbert, and we get that team's SF. The rationale being that West will be too old in 2 seasons when PG is back to 100%, so having a core of EG and PG both at 26 years old, along with 2 years of probably decent draft picks, and theyd be set again.

that would be messed up if they did that...

I get that its a business but hey If AD breaks his leg are you trading AD?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

Maybe Hill and PG.
    I'll just assume this is a joke and move on haha.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think EG could actually appeal to the PACERS but yeah I'm not sure I see anyone on their roster that makes sense for us.
    3 team deal would make the most sense but we'll probably see how EG does this season and if we can trade him before the deadline we should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I'll just assume this is a joke and move on haha.
    Just a discussion. If you have nothing to add then yeah, you should move on.

The Pacers aren't trading PG. He is the cornerstone of the franchise.

Doesn't matter what you think of George. Only matters what Indy's management thinks of him so saying that you think Indy would make that move because you feel a certain way about Paul makes no sense. And if Paul coming back 100% isn't a guarantee, why would we trade for him when he would still have four years on a max deal remaining? And even if he does come back at 100%, you would want to have a player you consider sub elite getting elite money? A lot of contradictions in this post.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 08-03-2014 at 03:39 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

All-Star
    why the hell everyone is too giddy about shipping gordon? is he hurting us that much? last i check he's contract is not coming out of any of the fans' pockets nor is he being a locker room cancer. that fat contract isn't even stopping us from scoring free agents, coz guess what ... none of the big names are coming. so long as we're in good shape to keep AD once he's ready for his millions, i dont mind gordon in the team. gordon was signed the deal because the FO knew that the numbers worked, im not about to second guess the wisdom of their decisions.

Thread Information