Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: paul George just broke leg during usa scrimmage

Breaking News paul George just broke leg during usa scrimmage

George appears to break leg similar to player from Louisville no full report out yet but video looks bad prayer go out to George and his family

Kevin ware didn't break his leg he tore his ACL, MCL, and every other ligament in his knee. His injury was much worse than PG's

do not watch the replay or look at the picture
    it's gruesome

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Kevin ware didn't break his leg he tore his ACL, MCL, and every other ligament in his knee. His injury was much worse than PG's
    You know this how?

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    You know this how?
    Sorry I was thinking about Livingston. Ware broke his leg, I was thinking about Livingston for some reason.

Ew. Hope he'll be ok

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Sorry I was thinking about Livingston. Ware broke his leg, I was thinking about Livingston for some reason.
    Gotcha. It seems to be almost exactly the same injury as kevin ware

guy court side just said the bone was showing
    Terrible...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    If you DO wanna see the replay..............

https://vine.co/v/MEVQKKQhFnV

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    How bad is the video??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its not that bad after watching it a couple times..

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Wow. That's very bad. Worse than I thought. Feel so bad for him. Prayers for Paul and his family.

Man im just thinking they need to redesign the nba basketball court/basket because the way dudes fly around now it leaves nowhere for player to land player bang into those pads all the time

That was a hardcore injury. One thing I will say is Monty was the FIRST guy there. He actually had one hand under PG's head and was holding his hand with his other.

I know it was awful looking but I don't think his career is over. He will miss a season and come back ok.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Is it too soon to start a "Pacers should trade for Eric Gordon" campaign...?

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Wow. That's very bad. Worse than I thought. Feel so bad for him. Prayers for Paul and his family.
    Rdy for sim league again?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Is it too soon to start a "Pacers should trade for Eric Gordon" campaign...?
    Eh... Ugh.... well.. Bleh.... dammit... I don't know anymore.... I hate everything.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by rames2great View Post
    Man im just thinking they need to redesign the nba basketball court/basket because the way dudes fly around now it leaves nowhere for player to land player bang into those pads all the time
    I always wondered why they let camera men sit so damn close as well. Maybe you could have the board from the rafters. Give the players a clear area to land underneath.

Man. This is so scary. I got sick when this happened. It could have been anyone on that court. If y'all know what I mean.

I was watching the game when it happened and didn't see his leg during real time. Based on his reaction, I thought it was something minor. Then I saw the replay and saw how horrific it was. How he wasn't screaming and writhing in pain, I just don't understand. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Didn't CP3 wreck his knee on a camera when diving for the ball from an errant David West pass? If that didn't make the NBA change the way they enforce space around the edges of court, I'm not confident this will, either.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I was watching the game when it happened and didn't see his leg during real time. Based on his reaction, I thought it was something minor. Then I saw the replay and saw how horrific it was. How he wasn't screaming and writhing in pain, I just don't understand. I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Kevin Ware seemed fairly calm during his injury. From what I've heard, the shock from sustaining such an injury (i.e. broken leg, stabbing) is fortunately pretty immersive.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Kevin Ware seemed fairly calm during his injury. From what I've heard, the shock from sustaining such an injury (i.e. broken leg, stabbing) is fortunately pretty immersive.
    On espn they interviewed him tonight and he said it took about an hour or so for the adrenaline to stop and the pain to set in. He said even with drugs the ambulance ride was pretty bad at that point.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    As said in the other thread bones usually heals better and faster than flesh, ligaments and tendons. I expect him to sit a year and come back like he never left. Prayers go to this man rehabilitation and recovery.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Thread Information