Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Depth Chart as listed on Rotoworld

Pelicans Depth Chart as listed on Rotoworld

Interesting Pels depth chart on Rotoworld. I think it's spot on except Salmons should be listed as the backup 3.

PG
    1 Jrue Holiday
    2 Russ Smith
    3 Austin Rivers
    4 Jimmer Fredette

SG
    1 Eric Gordon
    2 John Salmons
    3 Darius Miller

SF
    1 Tyreke Evans
    2 Luke Babbitt
    3 Scotty Hopson

PF
    1 Anthony Davis
    2 Ryan Anderson

C
    1 Omer Asik
    2 Alexis Ajinca
    3 Jeff Withey
    4 Patric Young

I'd take Hopson off
    Move Jimmer to SG
    Move Miller to SF

yeah, wasn't hopson shipped out on Asik deal? has that closed--officially?

I'm thinking this is what will happen

PG
    1 Jrue Holiday
    2 Austin Rivers
    3 Russ Smith

SG
    1 Eric Gordon
    2 Jimmer Fredette

SF
    1 Tyreke Evans
    2 John Salmons
    3 Darius Miller
    4 Luke Babbitt

PF
    1 Anthony Davis
    2 Ryan Anderson
    3 Patric Young

C
    1 Omer Asik
    2 Alexis Ajinca
    3 Jeff Withey

Yes, Hopson is out. But i like everything else. I think they are right at the PG position and if you look at the roster Jimmer will probably get some backup SG minutes. We will invoke alot of combo guard lineups but I think the listing is close in terms of minutes. I do see Russ getting more minutes than Austin.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post

PG
    1 Jrue Holiday
    2 Austin Rivers
    3 Russ Smith

SG
    1 Eric Gordon
    2 Jimmer Fredette

SF
    1 Tyreke Evans
    2 John Salmons
    3 Darius Miller
    4 Luke Babbitt

PF
    1 Anthony Davis
    2 Ryan Anderson
    3 Patric Young

C
    1 Omer Asik
    2 Alexis Ajinca
    3 Jeff Withey
    I think it will be just like this.

This makes sense because Monty knows the importance of having a strong offensive bench who can (and has in the past plenty of times) get you back in the game. With Jimmer, Rivers and Ryno coming off the bench that is a pretty decent offensive power. I would still like us to have Reke coming in as backup and start Salmons (who would rarely get the ball in our starting lineup) so that we can have Jimmer Rivers Evans and Ryno off the bench.

I think it will only take a quarter of the season for Smith to push Rivers to next to no minutes. Hopefully Rivers can provide quality minutes as the backup SG because we are in trouble if Jimmer is getting 20 minutes a night.

Rivers off the bench offensive power? Really? The guys is a career 39% fg shoot, 60% ft shooter.

This makes sense because Monty knows the importance of having a strong offensive bench who can (and has in the past plenty of times) get you back in the game. With Jimmer, Rivers and Ryno coming off the bench that is a pretty decent offensive power. I would still like us to have Reke coming in as backup and start Salmons (who would rarely get the ball in our starting lineup) so that we can have Jimmer Rivers Evans and Ryno off the bench.
    Last edited by nola007; 08-01-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    I think it will only take a quarter of the season for Smith to push Rivers to next to no minutes. Hopefully Rivers can provide quality minutes as the backup SG because we are in trouble if Jimmer is getting 20 minutes a night.

Rivers off the bench offensive power? Really? The guys is a career 39% fg shoot, 60% ft shooter.
    I think we are setting really high expectations for Russ Smith. I'm reserving my projections on Russ until at the very least 2 preseason games and that's still early. The NBA is a whole different ball park and SL doesn't compare. A guy can be very talented and not perform in the NBA well. I said offensive power because Rivers and Reke will be the primary drivers because they can beat there men off the dribble easier than most and this will leave the defense collapsing the middle to prevent a layup which allows for a easy kick out to Jimmer or Ryno (or a layup). When I spoke of Offensive power I meant as a whole Rivers/Jimmer/Reke/Ryno/Lexi which is alot stronger than Russ/Salmons/Babbit/Ryno/Lexi. That is almost night and day. I also think (hope) that Young gets a few more minutes than Whitley because we need some defense off the bench. Our bench is going to give up a lot of buckets against any team with a decent bench or rotation.

EDIT: That rotation is also why I would like to see Reke come off the bench.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I think we go:
    Jrue/Austin/Russ
    Gordon/Salmons/Jimmer
    Tyreke/Miller/Babbit
    Davis/Anderson/Young
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey

Salmons probably gets lots of run with Jrue/Gordon/Davis/Asik and Tyreke runs the offense some with Rivers/Anderson/Ajinca.
    @DanielVeuleman

You posted no link for this lineup. You sure this isn't your lineup projection?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    You posted no link for this lineup. You sure this isn't your lineup projection?

Yep, made it up genius.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubh...leans-pelicans

Thank you.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Interesting Pels depth chart on Rotoworld. I think it's spot on except Salmons should be listed as the backup 3.
    i disagree, i was surprised when everyone said we signed SF john salmons, because as long as i remember he's 6'6 and has played shooting guard his whole career
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Why does this list have any relevance when the person who created it clearly had no idea of who is or isn't on the team and where they will play?

PG
    1 Jrue Holiday
    2 Austin Rivers
    3 Russ Smith

SG
    1 Tyreke Evans
    2 Eric Gordon
    3 Jimmer Fredette
    4 John Salmons

SF
    1 Luke Babbitt
    2 Darius Miller

PF
    1 Anthony Davis
    2 Ryan Anderson

C
    1 Omer Asik
    2 Patric Young
    3 Alexis Ajinca
    4 Jeff Withey

dell is definitely going to make some more trades before the deadline
    i expect Gordon and Ryno to be moved, as well as Rivers, Whitey, and/or Ajinca depending on pat young and russ smiths play early on.

whats the story on babbitt? i remember how good he was in college, but i haven't gotten to watch him play pro much. if Babbitt starts and gets 30+ mins a game, what kind of player will we see? what kind of stat line?
    Last edited by ScoutWithoutClout; 08-01-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    PG

dell is definitely going to make some more trades before the deadline
    i expect Gordon and Ryno to be moved, as well as Rivers, Whitey, and/or Ajinca depending on pat young and russ smiths play early on.
    Ryan Anderson will be traded based off what? Do you know how many teams were calling asking about him and how many times we told teams no? He's too valuable for this team on and off the court and I see him being a part of our team for a very long time. Dude can put up 20 like it's no big deal, the Anderson trade talk needs to just end all together. I would be very shocked and deeply concerned if we traded Ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    whats the story on babbitt? i remember how good he was in college, but i haven't gotten to watch him play pro much. if Babbitt starts and gets 30+ mins a game, what kind of player will we see? what kind of stat line?
    Think of Ryan Anderson. Now imagine if he was significantly worse at everything, including physical attributes.

Ryno is arguably our 2nd best player and i love his game. Great offensive rebounder and scorer, community guy. two concerns: he plays the same position as our best player, and we have holes on the team.

our roster is so close

Jrue/Russ
    Tyreke/Jimmer
    ?????
    AD/Pat Young
    Asik/Ajinca

The Bird Writes and Bourbon Street Shots both have very detailed articles on the dynamic lineups they believe will occur which I guarantee are more accurate than Rotoworld's which doesn't even have the right players on our team.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

PG
    1 Jrue Holiday
    2 Austin Rivers
    3 Russ Smith

SG
    1 Eric Gordon
    2 Tyreke Evans
    3 Jimmer Fredette

SF
    1John Salmons
    2 Luke Babbitt
    3 Darius Miller

PF
    1 Anthony Davis
    2 Ryan Anderson
    3 Patric Young

C
    1 Omer Asik
    2 Alexis Ajinca
    3 Jeff Withey

I really think it will be like this.

The first unit will have 4 shooters.
    The second unit has 4 shooters.
    The third unit has 3 shooters.....but who cares two of these guys will be inactive.

It just evans things out if Salmons starts with the first unit.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 08-01-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information