Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Austin goes off for 42 at Orlando pro am

Austin goes off for 42 at Orlando pro am

http://youtu.be/da3iSD-NISw

He looks noticeably bigger, jumpshot lookers smoother.

Flosstin Slithers

It look like Austin was playing against high schoolers

Didn't see him finish with his left hand once in that video.

that 3 point shot looking deadly.

All to the rim or 3pt shots. No midrange jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    All to the rim or 3pt shots. No midrange jumpers.

With all due respect, some of us could have dropped 42 on those dudes. Those are the same guys that he dominated in high school and AAU. This league is similar to intramural basketball. Summer league would have been better comp than this rec league
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    With all due respect, some of us could have dropped 42 on those dudes. Those are the same guys that he dominated in high school and AAU. This league is similar to intramural basketball. Summer league would have been better comp than this rec league
    He plays there every year for his own enjoyment and to support the area that means something to him. I don't think anyone would take this as "he has arrived".

The most telling thing for him is that the coaches felt he didn't need to play in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He plays there every year for his own enjoyment and to support the area that means something to him. I don't think anyone would take this as "he has arrived".

The most telling thing for him is that the coaches felt he didn't need to play in SL.
    Not playing the the SL may have been because we were thinking about trading him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not playing the the SL may have been because we were thinking about trading him.
    That's certainly what I thought. Plus, last two years he hurt himself somehow. Don't need any of that noise again.

This isn't good. It's not bad but it isn't good because this is how you develop bad habits when you play below average to average competetion. This is that, maybe worse, some of these players looked like former glorified frat stars just trying to get a run in.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    This isn't good. It's not bad but it isn't good because this is how you develop bad habits when you play below average to average competetion. This is that, maybe worse, some of these players looked like former glorified frat stars just trying to get a run in.
    Well I would hope the rest of the offseason he is playing more comparable talent and focusing on honing his skills. I wouldn't look any more into this then I would Lebron playing pick up games at the gym or Durant tweeting about looking for local pick up games because he is bored on a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    That would have been the case if the coaches hadn't announced it well before any moves were made.

Also, Babbitt and Ajinca were announced as part of the SL roster and were removed because of possible trade rumors. There's no reason to think that if they had wanted rivers to play So they wouldn't have done the same.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-30-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Well I would hope the rest of the offseason he is playing more comparable talent and focusing on honing his skills. I wouldn't look any more into this then I would Lebron playing pick up games at the gym or Durant tweeting about looking for local pick up games because he is bored on a weekend.
    Right. He's def been working hard this summer no doubt in my mind. I'm just simply saying nobody should get excited about this. If he's better than who he's playing against he's either killing them and not getting better, or slacking off because he can, not getting any better, and developing bad game habits. It's nothing to worry about just nothing to be too excited about. I love rivers though, 3rd fav pel behind AD and ryno now that Smith is gone.

The driving and cross-overs don't impress me since it looks like he was playing against the post office intramural team, and he can get by guys in the NBA just as easily. But I love the confidence he's showing in his jumper, and the day he develops a steady pull-up game... he's gonna be REAL hard to guard.

Basketball Guru
    i take the 3pt open shot seriously but the drives to the rim i cancel out...i would have love to see someone atleast hit him with a foul when he went to the rim one on three....they just let go to the rim without touching him.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i take the 3pt open shot seriously but the drives to the rim i cancel out...i would have love to see someone atleast hit him with a foul when he went to the rim one on three....they just let go to the rim without touching him.
    Agreed. What positives can you take out of playing against high skoolers?

Let the guy have his day geez.

Looks like he played against Brother Martin's JV team!

Austin walks in like "Heyyyy!!! You guys place here too?! Weird!!"

What happened to him training with Tyreke over the summer?

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Agreed. What positives can you take out of playing against high skoolers?
    Skewld deh sqoolorz.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Probably still happened... This is just one exhibition...

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    He's done this every year while in the league. He's still training in NO.

Thread Information