Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What would it take...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Point, is no NBA stars sign as free agents with small market teams. IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!! IT NEVER WILL!!!!
    Absent the unique situation of Lebron James.
    So you're saying Love will not sign an extension with the Cavs correct? Since it NEVER HAPPENS!!!! He is pretty much dictating where wants to go unless the offers are just dumb.

What about stars resigning with teams does that NEVER HAPPEN!!!?????
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-01-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Point, is no NBA stars sign as free agents with small market teams. IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!! IT NEVER WILL!!!!
    OH NOES!
    It will NEVER get better. We're all DOOMED!!!! GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBrownFootball.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	5707

The question was the likely hood of a star of the level of KD, a huge free agent signing with a small market team. KD is a multiple all star, multiple all NBA and an MVP. Based upon history, and that it has NEVER happened. The likelihood is 0%.

over the next few years, in terms of development and win record, to really capture on the huge free agents in the next couple years?? I'm talking someone like Kevin Durant here.

If we get into the playoffs this season and maybe second round of the playoffs next season I think it could be a real possibility. We would be able to make the cap space, according to MM, and AD and KD are already good friends. Anyhow I just think it'd be an absolutely incredible team. If KD really is a small town kind of guy like people say, maybe AD can draw him in.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    So you're saying Love will not sign an extension with the Cavs correct? Since it NEVER HAPPENS!!!! He is pretty much dictating where wants to go unless the offers are just dumb.

And if you look at history it's much more likely that a star of the level of KD signs with a larger market team and leaves the small market team when they have the opportunity:

Shaq O'Neal - Orlando
    Dwight Howard - Orlando
    Chris Paul - New Orleans
    Deron Williams - Utah
    Carmelo Anthony - Denver
    Baron Davis - New Orleans
    David West - New Orleans
    Kevin Garnet - Minnesota

All left the small market, no one signed with a small market or a smaller market than what they left.

AD is not Lebron James. Not yet, if he ever gets to that level he may attract a free agent to NOLA but he can't do it now.

In Lebron's first stint in Cleveland he attracted absolutely no one there, that's why he left.
    Let's see if Love signs for multiple years in Cleveland, it hasn't happened yet.

It has been reported today that Love will not sign an extension with the Cavs. Stars have no monetary reason to sign with a small market. Agents are seeking endorsement monies. CP probably would not have all those endorsements if he stayed with the Pels. Players ability to earn outside monies are limited in NOLA

100.3 FM reported Joel Meyers will announce the Saints preseason TV games

Hahaha, yes i am.

http://nesn.com/2014/07/report-kevin...hes-traded-to/

hahah

The question was the likely hood of a star of the level of KD, a huge free agent signing with a small market team. KD is a multiple all star, multiple all NBA and an MVP. Based upon history, and that it has NEVER happened. The likelihood is 0%.

over the next few years, in terms of development and win record, to really capture on the huge free agents in the next couple years?? I'm talking someone like Kevin Durant here.

If we get into the playoffs this season and maybe second round of the playoffs next season I think it could be a real possibility. We would be able to make the cap space, according to MM, and AD and KD are already good friends. Anyhow I just think it'd be an absolutely incredible team. If KD really is a small town kind of guy like people say, maybe AD can draw him in.
    This was your best post of the thread. Facts and didn't have to sarcastically call someone a genius. I completely agree with KD I never once thought there was any way he'd come here.

And if you look at history it's much more likely that a star of the level of KD signs with a larger market team and leaves the small market team when they have the opportunity:

Shaq O'Neal - Orlando
    Dwight Howard - Orlando
    Chris Paul - New Orleans
    Deron Williams - Utah
    Carmelo Anthony - Denver
    Baron Davis - New Orleans
    David West - New Orleans
    Kevin Garnet - Minnesota

All left the small market, no one signed with a small market or a smaller market than what they left.

AD is not Lebron James. Not yet, if he ever gets to that level he may attract a free agent to NOLA but he can't do it now.

In Lebron's first stint in Cleveland he attracted absolutely no one there, that's why he left.
    Let's see if Love signs for multiple years in Cleveland, it hasn't happened yet.
    I see David West in your list but you laughed at the notion when someone else earlier brought that up before. Also, look at the teams West and Garnett went to...Boston and Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    It has been reported today that Love will not sign an extension with the Cavs.
    I don't believe that for 1 second. Think of the possibilities by that being "retorted" and why would that come out now? Could someone be trying to lessen the quality of the trade? So maybe Cavs could keep Wiggins while still getting Love? There is no way Love wouldn't stay with LeBron if he was traded to the Cavs.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-01-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Even if he has no intentions of leaving the team he is traded to, he would be a fool to sign a max extension since he can get more money by signing a UFA max contract with whoever he is traded to. The CBA is weird in some aspects.

He wants to go to the Lakers, he will make more off the court in LA than he will with what he loses by signing the max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Even if he has no intentions of leaving the team he is traded to, he would be a fool to sign a max extension since he can get more money by signing a UFA max contract with whoever he is traded to. The CBA is weird in some aspects.

I don't care about that. I was pointing out that there is no good monetary-based reason for him (or any max-level player coming off their second contract) to sign an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The CBA can't be opt out of until 2017 either, but in that scenario he would still be choosing to sign/resign with Cleveland.

I'm not trying to win a posting award, i'm just trying to show that stars NEVER sign with small market teams. STARS, BIG TIME STARS NEVER SIGN WITH SMALL MARKET TEAMS. NEVER.

Sorry guys, but the reality is the Pels have a way higher percentage chance of losing AD than getting a star NBA player to sign here. And that's reality not dream.

This was your best post of the thread. Facts and didn't have to sarcastically call someone a genius. I completely agree with KD I never once thought there was any way he'd come here.

I see David West in your list but you laughed at the notion when someone else earlier brought that up before. Also, look at the teams West and Garnett went to...Boston and Indy.

I don't believe that for 1 second. Think of the possibilities by that being "retorted" and why would that come out now? Could someone be trying to lessen the quality of the trade? So maybe Cavs could keep Wiggins while still getting Love? There is no way Love wouldn't stay with LeBron if he was traded to the Cavs.

KD is different than the typical nba star. AD is different as well, we think. When was the last time 2 legitimate MVP (AD possibly) candidates had such a perfect lineup to team up on long term contracts? It'll be right after the new TV contract and both players are down to earth. Maybe with the extra bucks and security from the TV contract they'll both forgoe the larger markets and make a dynasty down here.

Hey, call me i want to sell you the Huey P. Long bridge. Do it fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    KD is different than the typical nba star. AD is different as well, we think. When was the last time 2 legitimate MVP (AD possibly) candidates had such a perfect lineup to team up on long term contracts? It'll be right after the new TV contract and both players are down to earth. Maybe with the extra bucks and security from the TV contract they'll both forgoe the larger markets and make a dynasty down here.

I'm not trying to win a posting award, i'm just trying to show that stars NEVER sign with small market teams. STARS, BIG TIME STARS NEVER SIGN WITH SMALL MARKET TEAMS. NEVER.
    Let's revisit this in a year when Love signs an extension if he's traded to the Cavs.

Sorry guys, but the reality is the Pels have a way higher percentage chance of losing AD than getting a star NBA player to sign here. And that's reality not dream.
    This is probably true. Never said otherwise. There have been people on here who thought we could get LeBron a few years ago. Seriously. Dwight Howard, or get CP3 to come back. It happens.

Kevin Love wants to be a LA Laker, this has never been a secret.

Let's revisit this in a year when Love signs an extension if he's traded to the Cavs.

This is probably true. Never said otherwise. There have been people on here who thought we could get LeBron a few years ago. Seriously. Dwight Howard, or get CP3 to come back. It happens.

Kevin Love wants to be a LA Laker, this has never been a secret.
    What's funny is I can't find anything about Love wanting to be a Laker. But I did find this quote from Marc Stien.

Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is “intrigued” by the idea of being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long term to the team, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com’s Marc Stein.

He will get traded there, he will not sign long term! You must live under a rock if you haven't heard Love wants to be a Laker.

What's funny is I can't find anything about Love wanting to be a Laker. But I did find this quote from Marc Stien.

He will get traded there, he will not sign long term! You must live under a rock if you haven't heard Love wants to be a Laker.
    Google "kevin love lakers" and let me know what comes up.

ESPN Los Angeles' Dave McMenamin reported that "a source familiar with Love's thinking told ESPNLosAngeles.com that it's not just L.A. that is appealing to Love; he's enamored with the idea of being "big time in a big city," and that list of potential places he'd seek includes New York and Chicago, as well

Really sounds like a guy who want to sign long term in Cleveland.

Although Love, 25, is expected to opt for free agency after next season even if he's dealt to Cleveland, sources say that's purely because he can secure a far more lucrative contract next summer than he could going the extension route. Sources told ESPN.com earlier this month that Love is highly intrigued by the idea of playing alongside his Olympic teammate on a full-time basis and is not put off by the fact that James' new contract with the Cavs spans only two seasons and includes a player option to return to free agency next summer.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...land-cavaliers

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Anyone noticing a pattern here?

ESPN Los Angeles' Dave McMenamin reported that "a source familiar with Love's thinking told ESPNLosAngeles.com that it's not just L.A. that is appealing to Love; he's enamored with the idea of being "big time in a big city," and that list of potential places he'd seek includes New York and Chicago, as well

Really sounds like a guy who want to sign long term in Cleveland.
    That's a great quote from an article from March 29th. Doesn't change his appeal, but I think even you would admit MAYBE a couple of things have changed since then like Lebron going to Cleveland for instance.

Agreed, its much more appealing for him if he has to play out his contract playing with Lebron than in Minnesota. That only increases his value. Doesn't mean he's signing there long term.

That's a great quote from an article from March 29th. Doesn't change his appeal, but I think even you would admit MAYBE a couple of things have changed since then like Lebron going to Cleveland for instance.

I do not believe Kevin Love wants to be second fiddle to Lebron James in Lebron James city. He want to be the man on a big market team. Quote "big time in a big city", he wants to be the focal point. He doesn't want to be Chris Bosh, he wants to be the man.

Thread Information