Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What would it take...

they may regret this

SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    This team needs a first rate scorer that can stay healthy. NO go to at the end of the game right now other than Evans that I feel confidence with.
    Evans, Holiday, Davis, Ryno. I'd have no problems going to any one of those guys at the end of games.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    No one is talking about KD recruiting AD to OKC?
    Because Davis wont take the QO to become a UFA the year (or is it two years?) after Durant becomes an UFA. It's not a realistic possibility.

I don't think KD to NOLA is realistic, either, but it's fun to think about.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I think you saw what you wanted to see, but paid no attention to what I actually said. Here let me help..

Now I want you to pay close attention to the bold words in those quotes. I didn't say that we WILL beat these teams. Again... you saw what you wanted to see, but didn't see what I actually said.

Did we sweep them this season? Or did they win the last game (I really can't remember)? I know we won at least 3 against them this season correct?

Do you agree? We can compete with them but we could never put a full game together against them.

So how is this "Offseason optimism at its finest gents."?

Outside of maybe Portland and Dallas and maybe a dysfunctional Houston if they collapse in the playoffs again we can not beat any of those teams in a 7 game series.

You are way overvaluing our team and undervaluing others. Like I said offseason optimism at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Outside of maybe Portland and Dallas and maybe a dysfunctional Houston if they collapse in the playoffs again we can not beat any of those teams in a 7 game series.

You are way overvaluing our team and undervaluing others. Like I said offseason optimism at its finest.
    Not really. I wasn't saying that we would make it to the Finals. I was merely saying that we can get a playoff spot, so the "7 game series" thing doesn't apply here. I'm not so delusional to think we'll run thru the West to play in the Finals.

Zero chance. How many star NBA free agents signed with small market teams in the last 20 years? Lebron going home excluded. How many stars under contract in small markets have been able to entice free agents to join them in a small market? Lebron couldn't get anyone to go go Cleveland his first time around. The revenues of the NBA off the court are driven by large markets and the opportunities those markets possess. Chris Paul got no one to New Orleans. Carmelo go no one to Denver. Kevin Love go no one to Minnesota. The list goes on and on and on. It's ok to dream, just realize it's just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    over the next few years, in terms of development and win record, to really capture on the huge free agents in the next couple years?? I'm talking someone like Kevin Durant here.

If we get into the playoffs this season and maybe second round of the playoffs next season I think it could be a real possibility. We would be able to make the cap space, according to MM, and AD and KD are already good friends. Anyhow I just think it'd be an absolutely incredible team. If KD really is a small town kind of guy like people say, maybe AD can draw him in.

It has been slow the last few days, so don't murder about how this is a speculation post and yadi yadi. Just trying to dream

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Zero chance. How many star NBA free agents signed with small market teams in the last 20 years? Lebron going home excluded. How many stars under contract in small markets have been able to entice free agents to join them in a small market? Lebron couldn't get anyone to go go Cleveland his first time around. The revenues of the NBA off the court are driven by large markets and the opportunities those markets possess. Chris Paul got no one to New Orleans. Carmelo go no one to Denver. Kevin Love go no one to Minnesota. The list goes on and on and on. It's ok to dream, just realize it's just a dream.
    Maybe the old NBA. But it's kind of hard to say, "Ignore the most glaring and obvious example that completely shatters my argument".

Love is already on record as saying he would sign a long term deal with Cleveland just to play with LBJ. Dwight chose less money to go to Houston over the huge market of LA. It's not unheard of anymore.

I'm not even talking about KD to NO. Buts it's obvious,Times are changing in the NBA.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Zero chance. How many star NBA free agents signed with small market teams in the last 20 years? Lebron going home excluded.
    I believe the last time was 2010 when both Chris Bosh & Lebron James signed with the Miami Heat. (small market team)

According to http://nbahoopsonline.com/generalinf...stmarkets.html

The 15 smallest NBA cities - Listed by television market, out of 210 total areas (Number of Television Homes):

1. Memphis, Tennessee (658,250)
    2. New Orleans, Louisiana (675,760) - Ryan Anderson (signed first, was eventually signed/traded)
    3. San Antonio, Texas (748,950)
    4. Salt Lake City, Utah (800,000)
    5. Milwaukee, Wisconsin (886,770)
    6. Charlotte, North Carolina (1,004,440) - Lance Stephenson (quasi-star), Al Jefferson
    7. Indianapolis, Indiana (1,053,020) - David West (allstar)
    8. Portland, Oregon (1,086,900)
    9. Orlando, Florida (1,303,150)
    10. Sacramento, California (1,315,030)
    11. Denver, Colorado (1,401,760)
    12. Miami, Florida (1,496,810)
    13. Cleveland, Ohio (1,556,670) - Andrew Bynum (when he was still considered a great big man)
    14. Phoenix, Arizona (1,596,950) - Steve Nash, Goran Dragic (resigned after contract was up with Houston)
    15. Minneapolis, Minnesota (1,665,540)

That's just some of them.

No more research for me. It's lunch time.

Genius, you have to go my MSA not city population. Phoenix, 5 million, Miami 5 million. The only star on that list is Nash. And he was that not big a star when he left Dallas for Phoenix. Even so, Phoenix is not a small market. This is the worst list i've ever seen. It's so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    According to http://nbahoopso<br /> <br /> <br />...stmarkets.html

The 15 smallest NBA cities - Listed by television market, out of 210 total areas (Number of Television Homes):

1. Memphis, Tennessee (658,250)
    2. New Orleans, Louisiana (675,760) - Ryan Anderson (signed first, was eventually signed/traded)
    3. San Antonio, Texas (748,950)
    4. Salt Lake City, Utah (800,000)
    5. Milwaukee, Wisconsin (886,770)
    6. Charlotte, North Carolina (1,004,440) - Lance Stephenson (quasi-star), Al Jefferson
    7. Indianapolis, Indiana (1,053,020) - David West (allstar)
    8. Portland, Oregon (1,086,900)
    9. Orlando, Florida (1,303,150)
    10. Sacramento, California (1,315,030)
    11. Denver, Colorado (1,401,760)
    12. Miami, Florida (1,496,810)
    13. Cleveland, Ohio (1,556,670) - Andrew Bynum (when he was still considered a great big man)
    14. Phoenix, Arizona (1,596,950) - Steve Nash, Goran Dragic (resigned after contract was up with Houston)
    15. Minneapolis, Minnesota (1,665,540)

That's just some of them.

No more research for me. It's lunch time.

I believe the last time was 2010 when both Chris Bosh & Lebron James signed with the Miami Heat. (small market team)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tistical_Areas

Miami, 5.8 million MSA, # 8 in the USA.

RYan Anderson a big time nba star, please! Lance Stephenson, please. David West, please this is a joke. Bynum, a bum. Dragic, a star. Please.

Genius, you have to go my MSA not city population. Phoenix, 5 million, Miami 5 million. The only star on that list is Nash. And he was that not big a star when he left Dallas for Phoenix. Even so, Phoenix is not a small market. This is the worst list i've ever seen. It's so bad.

Houston, 5th largest market in America genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Maybe the old NBA. But it's kind of hard to say, "Ignore the most glaring and obvious example that completely shatters my argument".

Love is already on record as saying he would sign a long term deal with Cleveland just to play with LBJ. Dwight chose less money to go to Houston over the huge market of LA. It's not unheard of anymore.

I'm not even talking about KD to NO. Buts it's obvious,Times are changing in the NBA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tistical_Areas

Miami, 5.8 million MSA, # 8 in the USA.
    Specifically it says
    Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area
    so it's combining 3 cities.

Also, whenever someone discusses the market size of an NBA team they are referencing the television market and not referencing Wikipedia.

Thanks for the compliment.

Specifically it says

Also, whenever someone discusses the market size of an NBA team they are referencing the television market and not referencing Wikipedia.

.....and he's the one calling people geniuses

They are referencing MSA. Whew, MSA is the television market genius!!!!!!!!!!!

Specifically it says

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I know, right?

Are the games only televised in the city of Miami???? NO!!!! they are televised in the region, the MSA. Are Pelicans games only in Orleans Parish, no. The television market extends outside the city limits. WOW

They are referencing MSA. Whew, MSA is the television market genius!!!!!!!!!!!
    If Miami is a small market, call me i want to sell you the Crescent City Connection. I'll give you a good deal.

And are you telling me there are 675,000 in the City of New Orleans????? One city????? It has never had that many people in it's entire history in the city.

You're talking to yourself now?

No on here said Miami was a small market, he just copy and pasted something that was on a website. It's a little bit old info but no one said anything to contrary of your argument. What's the deal? There's also a way to make any point you want without acting like a 15 year old girl who's PMSing.

And are you telling me there are 675,000 in the City of New Orleans????? One city????? It has never had that many people in it's entire history in the city.
    I never said anything like that......

Point, is no NBA stars sign as free agents with small market teams. IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!! IT NEVER WILL!!!!
    Absent the unique situation of Lebron James.

No on here said Miami was a small market, he just copy and pasted something that was on a website. It's a little bit old info but no one said anything to contrary of your argument. What's the deal? There's also a way to make any point you want without acting like a 15 year old girl who's PMSing.

The info may have been slightly old but still relates to the order of small market teams.
    I was looking for examples of small market teams that had signed "star" players in the last 20 years. Got through the last 3 years and remembered Nash, then got bored and took my lunch break.

Gotcha, the answer remains the same. ZERO!

The info may have been slightly old but still relates to the order of small market teams.
    I was looking for examples of small market teams that had signed "star" players in the last 20 years. Got through the last 3 years and remembered Nash, then got bored and took my lunch break.

Thread Information