Pelicans Report

Thread: Tyreke Evans jump shot?

Tyreke Evans jump shot?

Looks like he's been workin hard on that jumper, sorry if already posted.

http://www.wwl.com/pages/11871438.ph...610&pid=412773

He does every off-season. It reverts to **** again once he's in a game.

e: oh, lol nice video

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    If we're hoping he gets better based off that video, then we may be in a world of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    If we're hoping he gets better based off that video, then we may be in a world of trouble.
    Yeah it was suppose to be a joke. Even if Reke practiced 8 hours a day on his shot I still don't want him
    Shooting anything besides free-throws.

haha yeah people not watching the video. I had a chuckle, then felt odd, felt like I was invading the dudes private muck around in the pool haha.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    IF Reke had a good jumper he'd be a star player. It's still possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    IF Reke had a good jumper he'd be a star player. It's still possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People become superstars because they perfect that which they are already good at.

Take a president for instance. Bill played the sax, Barack played basketball. Would they have become Kenny G and George Gervin had they spent hours honing those crafts. More than likely they would be teaching band and gym to 6th graders. Tyreke needs to improve what he is already good at. Shooting is not it.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    People become superstars because they perfect that which they are already good at.
    Could one not argue that Tyreke is good at the game of basketball, so if he perfects this (which he is already good at) he will become a superstar?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Could one not argue that Tyreke is good at the game of basketball, so if he perfects this (which he is already good at) he will become a superstar?
    Perfecting the game of basketball?

He better not injure himself playing around like that.

i was hoping for footage of Tyreke practicing his jumpshot with no fade...

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Perfecting the game of basketball?
    Perfecting his ability to master the game of basketball and it's many skills.

Anyway, his technique looks sound to me in that vid.

Let's not forget Leborn has had pretty broken jumper up until a few years ago and has markedly improved it through hard work.

Last year someone posted this after we signed him:

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

3 Years ago:

Point is, they're always working on their shots guys. Don't get too excited.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Perfecting his ability to master the game of basketball and it's many skills.

Anyway, his technique looks sound to me in that vid.

Let's not forget Leborn has had pretty broken jumper up until a few years ago and has markedly improved it through hard work.
    Great point. LeBron didn't really develop his jumper into what it is today really until he went to Miami. He spent 7 seasons in Cleveland.

I think a jump shot is something most NBA guys get better at over time. Look at Melo (3pt shooting), Lebron, Bosh, and Westbrook weren't great jump shooters coming into the league but got much better and a 3 pt shot over time. I guess it's just you get out what you put in when it comes to getting a consistent jumper. Hopefully, Evans continues to work on it and get better. He would hands down be the best 2 guard in the league if he had a consistent jumper.

Yeah his jumper did seem a little better a few years back when he was younger. I wonder if him bulking up in the weight room, especially his arms and shoulders which are now huge did something to mess up his jumper? I remember when lebron came into the league he was skinnier and had full range of motion on his shot and just looked more comfortable shooting. Now that Lebron has bulked up he doesn't have that full range of motion when he dunks, for instance I haven't been able to see him dunk as cool as he used to like windmills and really bringing the ball back and slamming it. The same could be said for his jumper in that he is bigger now so relies on driving for more efficient shots, therefore taking away his outside shooting game and making it less effective as when he was pulling 3's off the dribble in Cleveland left and right. I could be looking too much into this but from personal experience when I gained 15 pounds of muscle over a 4 month span, my jumper was horrid and I couldn't bring the ball up as high as I used to when My shoulders were small, but now they are big and it has significantly decreased my range of motion on my jumper.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Put someone in front of him and see if he fades away.

Doubt NBA starts putting pools on the court.

Maybe we'll see a windmill in-game from him this season?

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Yeah his jumper did seem a little better a few years back when he was younger. I wonder if him bulking up in the weight room, especially his arms and shoulders which are now huge did something to mess up his jumper? I remember when lebron came into the league he was skinnier and had full range of motion on his shot and just looked more comfortable shooting. Now that Lebron has bulked up he doesn't have that full range of motion when he dunks, for instance I haven't been able to see him dunk as cool as he used to like windmills and really bringing the ball back and slamming it. The same could be said for his jumper in that he is bigger now so relies on driving for more efficient shots, therefore taking away his outside shooting game and making it less effective as when he was pulling 3's off the dribble in Cleveland left and right. I could be looking too much into this but from personal experience when I gained 15 pounds of muscle over a 4 month span, my jumper was horrid and I couldn't bring the ball up as high as I used to when My shoulders were small, but now they are big and it has significantly decreased my range of motion on my jumper.
    Wait what? Lebron has gotten better and better with his jump shot while bulking up so don't know where you got this info from. His shot has improved drastically since he was in Cleveland. Doubt he has lost much flexibility just because he is bigger. He would lose weight if that was the case and it was becoming a problem. The guy does not just bulk without stretching and staying flexible with range of motion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Seen this song and dance before.

But he is clutch. That game winner was pure. Form was weak, but the result was golden.

I'm waiting for Tyreke to bust out the wig and dress and become grandmama version 2

Thread Information