Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More fine journalism on Pelicans

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

More fine journalism on Pelicans

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...ette-signs.htm

My favorite part is how the writer keeps talking about how "sought after" Eric Gordon is supposedly.

The Pelicans aren't looking to trade all of those players obviously, but last season's experiment of Evans, Holiday and Rivers along with Gordon did not work out as planned and now the team could look at deals to clear some space moving forward.

Gordon has been a trade target for some time and while the Pelicans likely do not want to move him, there is a chance a team could blow their socks off with a deal offer.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Please...........someone.............anyone....... ......blow our socks off!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Please...........someone.............anyone....... ......blow our socks off!

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    "Zach Lowe write for Grantland.com that Rivers..." read in Asian voice.

Thank God for Bourbon Street Shots, The Bird Writes and Zach Lowe!

We should all post terrible Pels articles in this thread. Good for a laugh.

More journalism magnificence from our old pal Jimmy Smith.
    I absolutely LOVE (no I don't) how everyone insists that Davis had no chance of starting on Team USA with Love/Blake on the roster.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...wer_for_1.html

I wouldn't have said he would have had no chance, but it wasn't looking likely.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    This may have been the worst of Jimmy Smith ever...

"I don't know what the coaches are going to do," Davis said, "but whenever they decide to play me, I'm definitely going to play. If they want me to play at the point, I'll play the point. I just want to go out there and win."
    Though Davis began his basketball career in Chicago as a point guard before undergoing a growth spurt that shot his frame from 6 foot 1 to 6-9 to pushing 7 feet today, it's unlikely Krzyzewski would utilize Davis as a point guard considering the abundance of players already at that position, including former NBA MVP Derrick Rose."

This isn't sarcasm...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post

"I don't know what the coaches are going to do," Davis said, "but whenever they decide to play me, I'm definitely going to play. If they want me to play at the point, I'll play the point. I just want to go out there and win."
    Though Davis began his basketball career in Chicago as a point guard before undergoing a growth spurt that shot his frame from 6 foot 1 to 6-9 to pushing 7 feet today, it's unlikely Krzyzewski would utilize Davis as a point guard considering the abundance of players already at that position, including former NBA MVP Derrick Rose."

This isn't sarcasm...

WOW.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Man....

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Oh God! Judging by the wording, Jimmy Smith IS IN VEGAS!
    (don't ever, EVER read into his wording)

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...hony_d_19.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I wouldn't have said he would have had no chance, but it wasn't looking likely.
    I don't believe this. He was on the cover of a magazine revealing the uniform. He was one of 3 players who was actually on the Olympic team. I don't have any doubt he was a starter no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't believe this. He was on the cover of a magazine revealing the uniform. He was one of 3 players who was actually on the Olympic team. I don't have any doubt he was a starter no matter what.
    It really depends on if they wanted to play him at center or not. Love and Griffin are superior PFs (at this time, maybe not after this season). They might have wanted to roll out with Love and Durant as the bigs to have all the spacing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Aww man, now I'm giggling at how good and exciting a Davis/Griffin front court could be with Team USA. They are both athletic and versatile. Not really 3pt threats, but I dare another team to get in their way on offense.

Starting front line would have been Durant-Love-AD

Griffin might be a better NBA player right now, but the Durant-Love-AD frontline would have been ideal for the International game. Griffin was never starting. AD was always going to be the starting rim protector

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Crazy article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    This might be my favorite...

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...f_greg_st.html

This is not the first mystifying transaction consummated by the team's basketball operations staff, led by general manager Dell Demps.

It's just the latest.

There's an obvious disconnect somewhere with this club regarding player evaluation, assessment and acquisition, an area that has at times performed brilliantly over the last four seasons but this year has stumbled at almost every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    It really depends on if they wanted to play him at center or not. Love and Griffin are superior PFs (at this time, maybe not after this season). They might have wanted to roll out with Love and Durant as the bigs to have all the spacing.

This is kinda off topic but I've already had the argument with MM about Blake vs Davis. Davis spanked him in nearly every category. If I remember right only one category did Blake clearly stand out and that was assists. But AD clearly stood out in Blocks so it was kinda a wash. AD was better last year and will be better his year.

Love is a bit different and I could see the argument. But not Blake. Honestly this is the reason I think Blake dropped out. Was because they told him he was backup to AD and he's a crybaby.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-29-2014 at 06:03 PM.

He dropped out because he had a spinal fracture and doctors told him to rest and let it heal up.

Can someone fill me in on why this article is so bad? Is it the Gordon part? Is it because MM has told everyone that Gordon is on the block but this article says differently?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Can someone fill me in on why this article is so bad? Is it the Gordon part? Is it because MM has told everyone that Gordon is on the block but this article says differently?
    Because It's woefully inaccurate and misinformed?

If there were tons of suitors for Gordon, Dell would have dumped him by now. There is no possible way we "do not want to move him."

He makes an assessment of our season without noting the injuries sustained. It's obvious he's never watched a Pels game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post

This isn't sarcasm...
    Oh Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Because It's woefully inaccurate and misinformed?

If there were tons of suitors for Gordon, Dell would have dumped him by now. There is no possible way we "do not want to move him."

He makes an assessment of our season without noting the injuries sustained. It's obvious he's never watched a Pels game.
    When has Dell ever said that it is imperative that Gordon is traded? That seems to be a BSS thing not a Pels thing. I dont think this is a bad article. It just doesn't follow the perceived notions of fans around here. That doesn't make it inaccurate

Thread Information